Getting the same legendary drops over and over again

General Discussion
This game is getting quite boring. For some reason I keep getting the same legendary drops over and over again. It's getting really old. For example, Won Khim Lau and Thunderfury are some of the items that I would really like to have and have been farming my !@# off for but the wont drop for the life of me. I keep getting the same trash over and over though. The ancient bonesaber of what-do-I-care-it-sucks has dropped at least 5 times for me. I farm my $%^ off in all acts and in rifts from normal mode to T3 and nothing even remotely useful will ever drop for me. I dont get it, do I need more magic find because last time I checked that only yields more yellows and does nothing for legendary drops (or as good as nothing) even though I farm with 41% on it.

I cant trade for them either because you have locked that up as well, which I will NEVER EVER understand. This RNG crap is getting on my nerves. Someone please inform me how to get some decent items. I'm not asking for amazing rolls on every item ffs I want something other than another stupid Bonesaber or the billionth Arreat's Law.

What is going wrong here? By now this game has turned into a cartoon of itself because my brother and I now have resorted to the Diablo 3 drinking game where we make a list of 5 legendary items and keep track during the week how many of each drop and consequently drink that amount on Saturday. You wouldnt believe how close we come to alcohol poisoning so for the sake of our health. FIX THE DROPS
Also, whats up with the constant disconnects. I get disconnected at least once an hour. Im so pissed about the legendary thing that I almost forgot to post about that. Its been like this since RoS was released.
Yea same thing happens to me. Today I got the same ring three times in a row, quite common to get the same leg back to back.
Sigh...
The problem basically the fact that D3 contains hilariously small amount of different set and legendary items. And even in that small amount, different items have different chance to be dropped (multilayered rng-> first something has dropping, then decide money or item, then what kind of item like crafting mats or normal item, then quality ie blue, yellow, etc, then if it`s legendary then how rare leg is, and so on...)
The whole system is !@#$ed up in the simple problem: you can get the same items on T1 and T6 and actually the number of the torment only items is looooow, so basically you can get same items on any difficulty (the exceptions, the torment only items are bascially the potions, follower items and set items)
I agree that the game is very limited when it comes to items. Which is due to the fact that because of the design of legendaries being the ultimate thing, superior to ANY yellow, it does limit and set back the potential of basicly everyhing.

Like u, i too feel utterly bored at points from the fact that if whatever drops isnt a legendary item, its just not worth to even b looking at. Because of this i wish yellows could have the potential to actually be on par or even beat a legendary item due to unique things that can be rolled on it (Like in diablo 2 where a yellow item could roll +1/2/3 to the level of a certain skill).

Also there are no specific drops from specific monsters, making it all the more complicated to actually hunt for specific stuff. And with the stuff (yellows and blues) that drops in between thats not even worthy of ur attention whatsoever, can really suck the fun and excitement outta the game, and motivation out of u over time.

My advice (i do this myself) is to refrain from getting too caught up in getting whatever items u want to find, not getting ur hopes up and so on. Instead, pump up ur favorite kick-sum-!@# music to hype u up and try to enjoy killing stuff! Sh*t drops when u least expect it to. And if ur having a day where the game feels like work where ur not getting paid for ur efforts than just quit/take a break and come back later.
I'm getting fed up with it too.
I'm not complaining about the drop rates (that's another topic completely), I'm annoyed with the drop variety.

I only play my Monk & recently I have had a swathe of 2 handers, & rings drop.
I'm beginning to think that Legendary Amulets don't drop, as I have yet to seen one.

Perhaps they could put in a check system that will only allow a certain number of the same slot to drop in a given period.
Say for instance 3 in 24 hours
Well, even I have the same feeling. I never found a Cindercoat, which I need for my fire barb. Been getting all other armours instead. Very frustrating.
i would say theres a 50% higher chance on finding the same legendarily again rather than finding something new, that is especially true at kadala
I think until you're talking about having found 50 of the same legendary you don't really have a large enough sample size :)

Myself I've received over 30 Jekangbord (amonst many many others) from Kadala on my search of Akarat's Awakening :p

RNG is RNG, sacrifice moar noams ;)
I think I just gave an example and regardless of size, it still holds true. Im not even counting Kadala, im not expecting to get anything but rubbish from her. Im talking world drops. And they are !@#$. Theres only a small pool of legendaries and of tyhat small pool there is an apperant section that I get over and over again but actually desirable items will not drop. Ridiculous.
31/05/2014 15:32Posted by Warlord
I think I just gave an example and regardless of size, it still holds true. Im not even counting Kadala, im not expecting to get anything but rubbish from her. Im talking world drops. And they are !@#$. Theres only a small pool of legendaries and of tyhat small pool there is an apperant section that I get over and over again but actually desirable items will not drop. Ridiculous.

Well that's that then, game is boring and drops are bad because this dude says so. You could go play PoE to satisfy you're need of 'diverse' items, just don't come back crying when you realise they're all !@#$.
magic find is pointless in RoS (practically removed from game bar shrine). It was calculated somewhere that you need at least 300% for it to be effective. Hence ,why you don't see it on gear anymore.

First step is remove the topaz from your helms!

I don't understand why you are finding it hard to find equipment better than what you have? You must be doing something wrong? You have no crafted items? Farm the mats and you'll probably get upgrades drop as well.

Just farm T1 for the set/ledgendary items if you are farming items. Quickest way to get them, pointless going T3 when you can just melt through T1 in half the time. Think effieciency :)