Upcoming Change - One With Everything

Monk
1 2 3 8 Next
With Patch 2.1 around the corner, many classes are receiving some substantial revisions to core functionalities. These changes have equally substantial philosophy behind them, so we want to prepare you in advance for the kinds of adjustments you should expect.

Adjustments to One With Everything has been a long-standing community request, but we wanted to make sure we could address this in a way that solves all of its components without reducing the Monk's survivability. There are two major issues with One With Everything:

• It's too good, to the point it feels mandatory for all Monks to use.
  • It forces Monks to gear a specific way, which is difficult and frustrating.

We are addressing this issue in two ways. First, both Monks and Demon Hunters will no longer receive Dodge from Dexterity. Instead, they will receive Armor, similar to Barbarians and Crusaders. For more information on this change, please refer to our Patch 2.1.0 PTR Preview blog.

Second, One With Everything is being replaced with a new passive called Harmony. Harmony allows 30% of your single elemental resistances from items to apply to all elements.

With these two changes, we can move away from a place where Monks are forced to rely on their secondary affixes for Toughness. It’s possible you may see your Toughness as a lower number after this change is in effect, depending on how you've previously geared. However, the exchange of Dodge to more reliable survivability stats like Armor and more accessible All Resist should provide you roughly the same amount of survivability, and overall you shouldn't notice a big difference.

These changes will soon be available on the PTR, and we hope that you will take the opportunity to try them out and let us know how they feel. We're eager to hear your feedback on this and other changes coming in Patch 2.1.
It forces Monks to gear a specific way, which is difficult and frustrating.

And i like it.

Hope new changes wont make our monks feel worse than it was before, you know monk topic is very sensitive :)
Thank you @Vaneras.

Cannot wait for the PTR to be out.
On the paper all monks will say it sounds like a """""nerf"""" of their existing build with almost perfect OWE resistance but nothing confirm that now. We need to test it.

Reminder: the PTR is there for us to test these changes and it is not the final version of 2.1 patch. Maybe at then of the ptr Harmony will be 50% bonus to all Res ! ;)
Monk=weakest class.
Fix: Nerf them some more.

On a serious note: ZDPS monks are good at t6, and OWE made monks what they are. Considering the hardcore nerf that they're getting, what's stopping me from going on and playing the other 2 melee classes, since it's simply stupid of me to play on a class that can't tank and can't deal damage either.
Amor is pff the only way monk survives atm is bec of the dodge so GG they will yell NERF
18/06/2014 11:32Posted by FallenAngel
what's stopping me from going on and playing the other 2 melee classes, since it's simply stupid of me to play on a class that can't tank and can't deal damage either.

Youre welcome in the barb community but I cant promise you it will be better :-) I think Crusader is where you both tank and deal insane damage :-) Barbs are the rough necks they used to be.

But hopefully changes arrive for both monks and barbs. I have word from Vaneras that the two communities have been heard by the Devs in regard to both itemization and relative power level.

Hopefully this "nerf" or perhaps best-for-all-in-the-future-fix will be supplemented by other changes that make a non-OWE monk better and more fun to play.

Cheers
Ox
18/06/2014 10:03Posted by Vaneras
Second, One With Everything is being replaced with a new passive called Harmony. Harmony allows 30% of your single elemental resistances from items to apply to all elements.

Devs clearly don't know what they are doing. Can we please get rid of this entire concept?
Its the same as the Old OWE only the other way around, instead of stacking one element resistances we have to distribute the element resistances now, like 2 x fire, 2x lightning, 2x arcane...

Also 30% (~48 allres max) is extremely weak and not even worth a passive slot, 40% would be more accurate.

This change doesn't do anything other then nerfing OWE to Uselessness.
while it certainly is nice to see that the devs have their ear on the community (the weak nature of dex and dodge has been discussed here since vanilla d3), the "fix" to the problem seems blunt and uncreative at this point.

disregarding the fact that this change will not buff my monk in its current gearing state, it takes away variety in several aspects as well as the the "second gearing layer" that has made monks "special" (as in: different to other classes).

why not integrate the seize the initiative mechanic into dex? as in 1 dex grants x% dodge chance as well as 0.33 points in armor. this would clear the STI passive slot, buff dex as mainstat and maintain a difference between dex and str. furthermore, OWE would not have to be removed as it would not be "too" strong.
alternatively, or in addition, why not make all damage types dodgeable? e.g. make arcane sentries dodgeable?

im just another peon though, so what do i know. but one thing i know for sure: i hope there are clean buffs to monks incoming that complement this disputable change.
I see at photo season2 is that mean our current progression will be counted as season1 or non-seasonal?
So no changes announced for wizard I take it? To give us more than just 2 viable end-game builds? And to change some of our useless passives like temporal flux?
We have 2 passives which raise our dodge rate, i find it extremely funny that their change wasn't not only announced, but even taken into consideration. All you need with player's feedback was taking the pill from them and adjust in a hastily way (and bad too) those 2 points the players pointed out the most.

Are we getting dex change and OWE change with the 2 passives remainging untouched hence being even less useful than before? GG
18/06/2014 13:03Posted by Morgan
We have 2 passives which raise our dodge rate, i find it extremely funny that their change wasn't not only announced, but even taken into consideration. All you need with player's feedback was taking the pill from them and adjust in a hastily way (and bad too) those 2 points the players pointed out the most.

Are we getting dex change and OWE change with the 2 passives remainging untouched hence being even less useful than before? GG

You are worng, those 2 passives will be stronger then before, i expect to see nerfs to them aswell.
18/06/2014 13:03Posted by Morgan

+ to that, and what about all the active skills that give ya +dodge or base on it?
this change makes stacking elemental resistances useless. when there's a problem, dev team either removes whole thing from the game, or nerfes it to the ground.

what is the point of stacking elemental res, when you can have all resistance, and you can't have all res + elemental res on a single piece of gear? 30% of 140-160 el. res vs 90-100 all res? also you've just ruined already acquired monks gear and unique factor in gearing for this class.

monk is the weakest class and i just can't understand what you're doing guys.
fix barb too :)
Wow, you guys at blizzard really are clueless about the monk class are you.
Lets make them the same as Barbs and Crusaders, and while we are at it, lets make most of the gear they have now useless.
Unless you want to make resistance a secondary attribute on items and let us reroll all res.
Before I will begin to critisize this mindless move I have to tell that we monks were only complaining about our dps/damage output ONLY. Anything beyond that is at least not telling the truth.

Adjustments to One With Everything has been a long-standing community request,

Who were those? Show us those requests that you're talking about if not a lie. The only complain that the monk community (incl. me) had was the difficulty of getting same res type on items. And our request was never removal of the OWE.

It forces Monks to gear a specific way, which is difficult and frustrating

Not really. Yes it is difficult to get same elemental resist on each slot but when you achieve that it is joyful NOT frustrating at all.

It's too good, to the point it feels mandatory for all Monks to use

So what ! Are you gonna nerf/remove every skill that is being commonly used? It is almost mandatory for the WDs so are you gonna remove Grave Injustice & Pierce the Veil?

First, both Monks and Demon Hunters will no longer receive Dodge from Dexterity. Instead, they will receive Armor, similar to Barbarians and Crusaders.

Don't you even realise how retarded this sentence looks? We are not barbs or crusaders, how in the world you can relate dexterity with armor. Don't you even read a dictionary? (Dexterity: readiness and grace in physical activity; especially : skill and ease in using the hands).

Do not ever implement this useless passive to the new patch. What the heck were the devs thinking to design such a crap. I would use some curse words for such idiotizm but then you ban me from forums.

With the removal of the OWE you guys are forcing us to sacrifice a primary stat in every slot to acquire AR. This is way too problematic as we monks are depending on cost reduction and CDR to have a bit of damage output using the epiphany and 7SS.
Please just cease away from this absurd idea of removing OWE.
something is not clear. @Vaneras I want to know if dodge will be deleted from the game for all classes or not.
I am telling once again. The main issue with the monk was always the damage output not toughness. Only some 85 IQ noobs in these forums complained about the dexterity. A monk could gladly stack resists using the OWE, get some armor from the primary stats on the gear and then he is all good.
Dafuq?

First u say monk has to be upgraded because its bad.
Then you change monk sets so everyone has to use them to get T6 solo.
Now you downgrade passives and make it even worse?

lol.

"OH WD IS OVERPOWERED BUT FK IT WE NERF A BAD CLASS"