Drops from destroyed objects.

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Can we please have back drops from destroying objects ?

It used to matter.. that one vase in the corner there, what if it dropped a legendary ? Or maybe just some gold.. I better go break it!

Now its just.. dosent matter.
um... Am I playing a different game then? I got my 4th thunderfury from accidentally breaking some vases whilst fighting an elite the other day... Also had some hexing pants from under a 'loose stone'
It certainly does matter . Most of my legendaries come from chests and breakables . I got a Thunderfury and a shard of hate from breakables .

If I had to rely on drops from mobs I would have stopped playing a while ago because I can count on one hand every day the number of legendary drops from mobs , this includes the rift guardian .
just now got my crusader shield from breakable tree
02/07/2014 09:55Posted by Arkayn

It used to matter.. that one vase in the corner there, what if it dropped a legendary ? Or maybe just some gold.. I better go break it!

Destructible (and clickable) objects can still drop gold and items, even legendary ones, but it is true that the drop chances of these objects are lower than they used to be.

We got quite a lot of feedback back in the day from people who felt that destructible objects were rewarding too much loot compared to that dropping from monsters. But now that we are getting feedback that destructible objects don't feel rewarding enough, perhaps this is a good time to ask what people feel today about destructible and clickable objects in general: Do you feel they are rewarding enough?

Also, for those of you who don't have a Harrington Waistguard equipped, do you actively seek out destructibles and clickables, or do you only smash/click them whenever you happen upon them, or do you ignore them altogether?
I have this compulsive need to smash everything that can be smashed, even the furniture and whatnot that doesn't drop anything. I've gotten enough legendaries from vases and barrels to know it's worth it. And can any of you seriously claim that breaking things is not fun?
I break stuff if there's nothing else to do. That is, when waiting for King Leoric to wake up or when fetishes are doing their job, I will cast frogs on vases and barrels while waiting for enemies to die. But I'm not gonna clear the whole graveyard and destroy every vase.
Even if the destructables had a greatly improved chance of just a small quantity of gold.
it's the "nothing at all" that grinds gears.

on a different note, could treasure goblins be given a single rift key fragment (half the time)
as an additional means to collect these :D
02/07/2014 10:39Posted by Vaneras

We got quite a lot of feedback back in the day from people who felt that destructible objects were rewarding too much loot compared to that dropping from monsters. But now that we are getting feedback that destructible objects don't feel rewarding enough, perhaps this is a good time to ask what people feel today about destructible and clickable objects in general: Do you feel they are rewarding enough?

In my opinion they are good as they are now. (Not talking about PTR).
In vanilla, they were something you can ignore, but now, you get rewarded for your troubles. They don't drop too many things, and they can drop really good things, fair enough

It does to me.. I am probably a bit OCD.

If it can be killed or smashed, I must kill or smash it... I can't pass anything by at all. This being said, I have had more than a few legendaries from barrels etc.

Even on the skeleton king bounty, I go around the entire room smashing all the jars before I activate the skeleton king... I just can't help myself...

#SHAMMOZSMASH!
I dont exclusively seek breakable objects, but when I came across a few, then I would break them. I think that dropping gold from breakable objects is enough.
Not talking about chests here.
I think it's good as it is. I'm getting one time to time even tho I'm not really destroying vases by purpose, since my Rhen'ho - Toads will do the job for me. I even got a leg from a vase in a Greater Rift some day ago. And for clickables - I always clicking on corpses/loose stones whether or not I do have the Harrington equipped.
Also, for those of you who don't have a Harrington Waistguard equipped, do you actively seek out destructibles and clickables, or do you only smash/click them whenever you happen upon them, or do you ignore them altogether?

I do not actively seek them, going out of my way to get them. Usually, they are destroyed by random fire, or I destroy them by "passive" effects around me.
02/07/2014 11:09Posted by Shammoz
If it can be killed or smashed, I must kill or smash it... I can't pass anything by at all. This being said, I have had more than a few legendaries from barrels etc.

Remind me to never play Magicka with you.

do you actively seek out destructibles and clickables, or do you only smash/click them whenever you happen upon them, or do you ignore them altogether?

I tend to forget about them until I either accidentally smash/click one and get some good loot* or if it has been a while since I got a drop. I'm more inclined to remember to click clickables than to smash smashables though.

*At which point it usually turns into SMASH ALL THE THINGS for a short while to see if sacrificing barrels, jars et al. to the RNG gods will continue to net me good loot.
I will not leave a breakable intact, not on my watch.

I leave "openables" (that is not even a word is it?) to the WDs in the party who are very likely to be using Harrington's, but if they miss a loose tile, or a shelf, or a corpse (rotting or otherwise), I will "pop" it too.

I have had some good leg drops in the past from breakables, and large amounts of gold.

I understand that there is no such thing as an intact object containing a leg, this is "rolled" when you actually break it, but same as with kills, the more you destroy the better the chances. I cannot improve the odds of a breakable dropping a leg (not even sure if MF affects this, but even if it does MF as it is today is negligible at best), but sure as hell I can do my best to break every single one!

It is difficult to go from memory alone without hard evidence to back it up, because memory can do the strangest things (like remembering things that never happened or forgetting large amount of things that did actually happen) but my subjective impression is that I get better legs and more gold more consistently from "openables" and "breakables" than from killing mobs, may they be trash, elites or bosses.

Destructible (and clickable) objects can still drop gold and items, even legendary ones, but it is true that the drop chances of these objects are lower than they used to be.

Also, for those of you who don't have a [url="http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/harrington-waistguard"]Harrington Waistguard[/url] equipped, do you actively seek out destructibles and clickables, or do you only smash/click them whenever you happen upon them, or do you ignore them altogether?

Can destructible objects drop legendary items in greater rift?
Me too
and did you know it works in real life too?
try it!
02/07/2014 11:29Posted by Azur

Can destructible objects drop legendary items in greater rift?

See http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11043385698?page=1#12 in the same thread as this..
As a matter of principle, I smash destructible objects as I go along. Only if I see a cluster of objects, which could easily be broken together in one go, then I'll go out of my way to break them.

I do feel that the drop rates from breaking objects are lower than they should be. Nonetheless, if the rates were to be increased, then that won't make me start actively seeking out destructible objects - it'll just make me happier if I were to stumble across some nice loot!
Keep it low like this. Sometimes there is a big gold drop or something ,thats cool. Don't make it mandatory again to break all the stuff - make fighting and monsters, mostly elites the main loot-droppers.