Message from Rob Pardo

General Discussion
Every ending is a beginning and today marks a new beginning for me.

After 17 years at Blizzard, with long and careful contemplation, I have made a difficult and bittersweet but ultimately exciting decision to pursue the next chapter in my life and career.

Before I even joined Blizzard, I was already a huge fan of the company and its games. In particular, I was extremely passionate about the emerging genre of real-time strategy games. It was a dream come true when I was given the opportunity to work on StarCraft, which at the time was being created by a very small team by today’s standards. It was tremendously fulfilling to get to know everyone on the team personally and to contribute our energies toward a shared goal in such a creative and engaging environment.

Blizzard Entertainment has been simply the best place in the world to be a game designer. The best aspect of designing games at Blizzard is that the entire company is passionate about the gameplay within each and every product. From the executive team to customer service to our global offices, every single person is a player and contributes to making the best possible games. It’s for very good reason that the first credit on every Blizzard game is “Game Design by Blizzard Entertainment.”

I’m really proud of the contributions I was able to make to Blizzard’s accomplishments. From building lasting games, to supporting the growth of eSports, to extending the Warcraft world into a feature film, and of course to being able to celebrate our shared passions with the Blizzard community online and at BlizzCon.

The Blizzard community is ultimately the reason why we come to work every day and pour our souls into every world and experience we create. Blizzard’s players are the most passionate in the world and your commitment and dedication are truly awesome to behold. Creating entertainment for you has been an incredible opportunity, and I know that you will continue to grow and become even stronger as a community over the years to come. It has been so meaningful on a personal level to help create joy for all of you.

I’m looking forward to new challenges in my career, but I will always cherish the time I spent with you all and the amazing and collaborative teams at Blizzard. It was both satisfying and humbling, and it made me a better developer and a better person. I look forward to playing Blizzard games as a player for many years to come. Most important, now I have plenty of time to learn how to build a competitive Hearthstone deck.

As to what I will be doing next, I don’t have an answer for you yet . . . but I will “when it’s ready.” My priorities are to enjoy the summer with my family, play plenty of games, and think about what’s next. The game industry is such an exciting place right now with PC gaming thriving, the new consoles, mobile games, and virtual reality becoming an actual reality. It’s like having an empty quest log and going into a new zone for the first time.

In the past, I haven’t been the most avid Twitter user, but I’ll strive to do better and keep you updated there—@Rob_Pardo. Please stay in touch!

Rob
All the best on your new venture, whatever it turns out to be.

Twitter: @ArbeiaMVP
https://twitter.com/arbeiamvp/
Good luck Rob and Thank you for all things you have done. :)
Good luck to you, I'm sure you're on for an interesting adventure. I myself always had the idea that Blizzard was the end-goal for game-developers, not a place you'll move on from. I can't think of a similar company I would rather work at to be honest. I don't know about payment or employee satisfaction, but there is simply no company that has the same quality values, which is the most important factor in my eyes, being able to be proud of what you release.
Adun toridas.
You choose well! Perhaps like Jay did? ^^

I wouldn´t ever say thank you for your work, because
I´m in a really bad love-hate relationship with D3 nor am I
taken with that more than time wasting WoW concept.

All I can do is wish you good luck for your future projects!
I hope this will be something, people feel really good with,
not something, people become addicted to.

Kind Regards
I wish you luck in your next big adventure.
03/07/2014 20:36Posted by NoneID
You choose well! Perhaps like Jay did? ^^

I wouldn´t ever say thank you for your work, because
I´m in a really bad love-hate relationship with D3 nor am I
taken with that more than time wasting WoW concept.

All I can do is wish you good luck for your future projects!
I hope this will be something, people feel really good with,
not something, people become addicted to.

Kind Regards

He was also a Designer for Diablo 2. A big loss for blizzard and for the players. All the best and good luck.
i dont know who the hell you are but if you helped to create the games i enjoyed playing i say Thank you!
Cheers. And.. be careful out there :)
Today is a sad day to see such a great designer, CCO and in my opinion the true roots of the blizzard company go, I truly wish you all the best in your future which ever you choose to do or where you wish to go.

Rob, you brought so much light to the gaming world, grabbing all of us with world of warcraft 2 in 1995, StarCraft in 1998, the first expansion Broodwars, Diablo 2, World of Warcraft, the burning crusade, The frozen throne, Diablo 3 and so much more. Your work has been completely remarkable. Taking players new bonds and making us want more of such incredible games.

We will never be able to thank you enough for what you have done.

Wishing you all the best, safe and happy future in your endeavors may lead you and that your work will never be forgotten and a true leader being so influential to the world, thank you.

Sincerely,

Andrew
I quit my old woodcarpenting job 5 weeks ago xD Did it for 8y and 11m
(Was my first job after school)

Is it still possible to trade?
You come here and start making furnitures and i come there as game designer?

Is coffee machine good there? :)
To look 17 years ahead is imposible. To look 17 Years back sometimes feel like yesterday.

Carry Your legacy whith pride, And dont forget about us.

Good luck-
Can I have your stuff? :p
Enjoy the time whit your family.
Thx for everything you did.
And good luck on your journey.
Too bad this has to come to an end.

Your games rocked!!!
Good luck in your next adventure. Thank you for everything you have done for the game world and may all that is good come your way. TC
Hey Rob.

Thanks for all the good stuff you've brought into the games, even if i are not a fan of WoW, the Diablo games i've always liked.

I wish you good look in your future adventure.

May the light shine upon your path to your new fantastic adventure.

Good luck and the best regards to you and your family.
/copy paste player good bye, change text to blue, still don't care emoticon somewhere around here.
Farewell Rob. You've made me stay up many late nights in the past playing games that you were part of creating. :) The best of luck to you.