info about seasons please

General Discussion
Hi guys,

I'm quite excited to start some HC chars on the new seasons when they go live. About that... when do they go live :) ?

What I'm trying to find out is if the seasons will start with 2.1 or at a later, undisclosed date. Any insight?
21/07/2014 12:47Posted by pr13st
Hi guys,

I'm quite excited to start some HC chars on the new seasons when they go live. About that... when do they go live :) ?

What I'm trying to find out is if the seasons will start with 2.1 or at a later, undisclosed date. Any insight?

The current goal is for Seasons to go live with patch 2.1. That being said, we haven't announced a release date yet for for the patch.

You can test Seasons on the PTR though should you wish to do so :-)

Just a clarification on this: Seasons is a feature that will be implemented with patch 2.1, but it has yet to be decided exactly when the first Season will begin. We’ll be sure to let everyone know when the first season will start though.
21/07/2014 14:09Posted by Vaneras
21/07/2014 12:47Posted by pr13st
Hi guys,

The current goal is for [url="http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14244559#seasons"]Seasons to go live with patch 2.1[/url]. That being said, we [url="https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11252425379?page=1"]haven't announced a release date[/url] yet for for the patch.

You can test [url="https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11268027516"]Seasons on the PTR[/url] though should you wish to do so :-)
tried to test ptr all weekend, but got queed up every time :(
getting queed just queeds me off personally.
Are we getting extra character slots for seasonal heroes?
im liking the season so far on ptr
good job and im glad to hear it will be released with 2.1
thanks blizzard really hit it right in the head with this patch
cant wait
22/07/2014 23:31Posted by LordShiva
im liking the season so far on ptr
good job and im glad to hear it will be released with 2.1
thanks blizzard really hit it right in the head with this patch
cant wait

Just added a clarification to my previous post: The goal is to implement the Seasons feature with patch 2.1, but it has still to be decided when the first season will start.
essentially you're saying "here's the car, I'll give you the keys later"
25/07/2014 08:30Posted by alf7doenker

Hmm, I can see why you might think that, but that isn't really the message I'm trying to convey - To use a similar car-analogy: "Here's a new production technology being installed in our car factories that'll make it possible to manufacture a new car model, we'll let you know when the new car model will become available for consumers"
I was wondering the same :
1 . how many seasonal chars can we create?
2 . do we get additionnal char slots when season ends ?
I would definitely not mind if seasons are released in 2.2 or something.
I think there's enough to concentrate on 2.1 already (HF amu, GR, Gems upgrade, new gear to farm...)
25/07/2014 09:01Posted by Vaneras
25/07/2014 08:30Posted by alf7doenker

Hmm, I can see why you might think that, but that isn't really the message I'm trying to convey - To use a similar car-analogy: "Here's a new production technology being installed in our car factories that'll make it possible to manufacture a new car model, we'll let you know when the new car model will become available for consumers"

So here's your brand new car sir! But we can't activate the air condition because ..
Seriously.

Be clear.

People take time off work for these things.....
It would be pretty bad if season 1 didn't start at 2.1 launch. I for one am not going to play my old chars at all anyway so I'll just continue waiting for the season to start.
And I can't play my old chars because I'm out of space on all my toons and mules.

At least I'll have 1 Tab. I'll be able to play for a few days before I have to quit and wait for seasons again. >_>
I don't understand seasons at all. Please answer these simple questions:

1. How long does a season take?
2. In the end of the season, all items I have gathered go into my non-seasonal characters, right?
3. What happens if I don't have enough space for so many items (imagine 10 seasonal characters with full inventories and 4 tabs full of legendary items and gems)?
4. Do my seasonal characters get deleted?
5. Will the legendary items that were featured in during the season, start dropping after the season when playing non-seasonal characters?
6. What's the point of the seasons? Why should I play in seasons?
Usually patches roll out with bugs/glitches they cant fix on the PTR so its very important that they dont release seasons right away so incase there is they can fix it.