Seasons will not start a patch day?

General Discussion
https://twitter.com/CM_Nevalistis/status/502542213432508417

Nevalistis
‏@CM_Nevalistis

.@sastewart111 seasons likely won't launch day of - probably a few days after
As stated on your own post. Rhetorical one I assume?
I hate this waiting.
so they will release 2.1 after a day? they didnt even announce it, even so will that release contain most of the PTR changes? especially the ones on items?
Very dissapointed by this. I love D3 as a game, but there's nothing to do on live atm because Seasons is all I will play with my clan and friends. Aftter waiting for the patch for so long, we still have to wait "a couple" days before seasons will start. Sigh :-(
25/08/2014 08:17Posted by Murdering
Very dissapointed by this. I love D3 as a game, but there's nothing to do on live atm because Seasons is all I will play with my clan and friends. Aftter waiting for the patch for so long, we still have to wait "a couple" days before seasons will start. Sigh :-(

Yep, as I, too, will solely play seasons there's no point playing old characters anymore. Wait continues :)
The Seasons feature itself will be implemented with patch 2.1 indeed, but the first season will not begin until Friday, August 29.

25/08/2014 02:31Posted by Battleheart
I hate this waiting.

You and me both. I really look forward to play my first seasonal character :-)

Edit: Updated the post to reflect the recently announced start of the 1st Season
So I've been hyped on 2.1 for no apparent reason, shieeet.

Well, back to PoE for the time beeing then!
I really hope you understand how much you are frustrating your playerbase with all this vagueness.

I would say we are close enough to the relase of the patch, for you to have to know when the first season starts. I mean really. You must now have chosen to have it with launch or not? and if not (as we are now suddenly lead to believe) then how much time can we expect. a week? a day? a month?

If we have to wait until the patch actually hits to hear when the season might actually start.. oh gees i can hardly imagine.

The patch has already been too long underway.. Did you bite off more than you could chew? or do you really think it is healthy for a playerbase to be held in suspense for so long?

People i know are already changing from hyped about the patch to "whatever", and this is hardly the first time you have taken your time with game altering changes, so they are not exactly with high hopes. And now that the patch is soon to come, we are being told to wait even longer still.. People are just going to go ahead and forget about the game, and at some point you can make all the changes you want, people won't care because they have moved on
I'm with Kongen , some of the fixes should have gone live when fixed , bugged things like fetishes and pets not attacking , ridiculous why do we have to weeks and weeks just so it can be bundled up and brag how big the patch was ?
for example they could fix sentry atk spd bug, but they keep forcing us to play with it, and now with the new changes we will have to brake all our items and get new ones cuz most of them are useless, its like to start a new character
25/08/2014 11:36Posted by Focu
Well, back to PoE for the time beeing then!
have fun rubberbanding
I totally agree with Kongen. Until recently I was undecided but now I think I will just buy Destiny and play that. All this vagueness, secrecy and "soon" bull**** is starting to make me really sick and I've become from super-hyped about the patch to "whatever, I don't care anymore".
This must be a joke ... there will be an outrage if they won't enable season same day that 2.1 comes live. ALL ppl i know are waiting for seasons with 2.1 release (which was supposed to be a main feature for the patch!) Now they say (i know they mentioned it before) it will come at a later time? This is really terrible for Blizzard, I mean not only whole ROS got boring very fast, because rifts and bounties werent as fun/rewarding as they were supposed to be, and with removal of trading it's even worse than Vanilla. Now we need to wait extra weeks after 2.1 gets released to play seasons... great job! perhaps add subscription to the game, and make proper updates (fast enough) so the game will actually reach D2 LOD's lvl ? I really hope 2.2 brings proper PVP, and TRADING into the game again. Thank you for reading, and sorry for bad grammar
Oh ok, well Friday isnt that long of a wait for seasons.
Yep, the problem they have is that they think making one huge patch is more added value to players than constant small patches. At least for me it's vice versa.

1) Nothing to do in D3 -> play another game, get hooked to it and don't come back to Diablo.
2) Have constantly new things to do in D3 -> don't even touch a new game.

If season 1 won't start this week, I will probably skip the whole season since World of Tanks will have premium tank reward mission lasting whole September. Can't play two games at the same time.
Im so looking forward to going from a Para725 to Para0 character.....just to do everything all over again :)
25/08/2014 13:03Posted by AliRawidDuh
1) Nothing to do in D3 -> play another game, get hooked to it and don't come back to Diablo.
2) Have constantly new things to do in D3 -> don't even touch a new game.

3) Play Diablo 3 because it is fun and entertaining to do so until a new game comes out then play it, then another new game comes out and you play that, but then Diablo 3 releases new content and features so you play Diablo 3 some more, then another game releases new content and you play that now, etc, etc,..

25/08/2014 13:03Posted by AliRawidDuh
Yep, the problem they have is that they think making one huge patch is more added value to players than constant small patches. At least for me it's vice versa.

With all your knowledge, I am very surprised they have not hired you yet. You clearly can educate them on how to make the game better.
25/08/2014 13:22Posted by PQC3
3) Play Diablo 3 because it is fun and entertaining

Which part of "nothing to do" did you not understand?

25/08/2014 13:22Posted by PQC3
With all your knowledge, I am very surprised they have not hired you yet. You clearly can educate them on how to make the game better.

Can you please troll elsewhere. I stated my opinion, nothing less, nothing more. Also how do you know I'm not working for Blizzard?
25/08/2014 13:33Posted by AliRawidDuh
Which part of "nothing to do" did you not understand?

And that is Blizzard's problem, how? You bought their game, got 1k+ hours of entertainment from it. You're welcome by the way.

I stated my opinion, nothing less, nothing more.

And I stated mine. So there it is.

Also how do you know I'm not working for Blizzard?

Really mate? Please.