Mob density in greater rifts...

General Discussion
So after a long pause i jumped into the game again and completed my first two greater rifts (lvl 24 and 25 i think).

I was pretty happy about the density in these rifts and I completed them both in the first 2 floors.
On my third greater rift it took me 6 floors just to get the bar to about 75%...

How am I supposed to get it to 100% in time, when there are so few monsters in these floors?
Yup, failed my first rift, 31, by about 20 seconds because bad monster density. I was behind like a minute or so, until the floor 5, when the density finally got good, then I pulled ahead but the boss kill took bit longer than i expected. It was rather easy if i only had something to kill...

Edit: Did my second one now, which had great monster density, finished with over 4 minutes left. I guess its bit about luck.
Had this problem on my first rift, and had only 50 seconds to kill the rift guardian. So few enemies everywhere, had to run, I think, 6 floors to get good progress.
I've only done a couple of greater rifts and the secoond one on the first level had very bad mob density but fortunately, the subsequent ones did not have the same problem,

There are several events, cursed chests where you have to kill 100 monsters, where the monsters don't appear quick enough for my WD (I do usualy manage to kill 40 or 50 more than I need to).
There is indeed an issue where some Greater Rifts cannot be completed due to the density of enemies being too low. In some cases this can also happen if the Greater Rifts are filled with weak enemies. This is of course not intended to happen, so we are looking into preventing the occurrence of such rifts.

Here's a question to those of you who have been unfortunate to happen upon a Rift that could not be completed; was it a regular Rift or a Greater Rift, or perhaps both?
Normal Rifts:

In my experience, I find it that most of my runs on normal rifts with large areas tend to have few moderately cramped monsters. I find the walk on finding these monsters are severely deterring me from finishing the rift quickly.

In areas where there are usually 1 to 2 paths (Act 3 dungeons). The density is usually ok, I was able to finish it off quickly within 2-3 floors.

In caves (Act 1 dungeons), usually there are very little enemies. I often skip most of the normal mobs and head straight to the next floor.

Greater Rifts:

In my experience, I think the monster density within the greater rifts are just adequate (rifts 14-16). But it could use some improvement.
I have been posting about this for at least a month with very little response from anyone and glad that a blue(even if on EU side) has responded.

Greater rifts I am encountering are more often than not, very sparsely populated. It is not uncommon for me to walk 7-8 screens worth of map without seeing a single mob and when I do encounter them the packs can be anywhere from 3 mobs to 12.

Last night I was unable to complete a greater rift in time because there were simply not enough mobs to kill in the 15 minutes.
This actually just happened to me in a T5 rift. Rift was 1 floor in total and map was the Warden's jail.

After clearing everything I was at 92% and I had to scour every little corner to find the last mobs to get the RG.
yep shiity level design, shiity density... 7 floors explored in grift 32 6 packs barely any white monster failed cause nothing to kill spent 70% of time looking for monster level after level. gem upgrade but still, is this your new philosophy, lets make the game harder by adding timed rifts but no monster!

then 2 t6 rifts in a row also to few monsters to complete. first 76% next one 92%.
cabalist paradox was map that ended with 76%, dont remember map name but bridge of korssik map was the one with 92%
Good Job releasing something with shiit that was already alerted on ptr!
27/08/2014 14:38Posted by Vaneras
There is indeed an issue where some Greater Rifts cannot be completed due to the density of enemies being too low. In some cases this can also happen if the Greater Rifts are filled with weak enemies. This is of course not intended to happen, so we are looking into preventing the occurrence of such rifts.

Here's a question to those of you who have been unfortunate to happen upon a Rift that could not be completed; was it a regular Rift or a Greater Rift, or perhaps both?

This happened to me in a Normal Rift AND in a Greater Rift.
any kind of rift i play is like i'm playing feel like i'm playing a running simulator instead of and ACTIONrpg
Greater Rift. It was on Act 2 ruins tile set(Vault of the assassin). There was near to zero white mobs and just elite packs once in a while.
The key is doing elite/blue packs, bar fills up in no time, generally beat level 17-23 rifts with 50-60% timer bar left.
Regular Rift: 1 floor, killed all mobs - 75ish percent
Greater Rift: low mob density, 20ish seconds short
Perhaps they could change the mechanic to have at least one type of monster that can spawn new monsters in each Rift. Or just make it so that killing all monsters in a Rift also spawns the Rift boss.

Or perhaps even an other alternative, have the progress bar be based on the number of monsters present (e.g. something like there a 50 monsters, then make 40 be 100% of the progress bar, so you do not have to find every monster hidden somewhere).
It is frustrating that in grifts the main problem is to FIND monsters to kill, not actually to kill them.
I mean, grifts should not measure the killing efficiency?

For me it was a regular rift, 1 level (that wasteland with sand and the big bones) and only got to about 70-80% when there were no monsters left to kill.

It was a regular Rift for me. The approach to Leorics Manor. 1 (rather small) Map, lots of Imps and Fiends. I ran through every part of the map twice to get 98%. Maybe i could have completed it, and there were some more stragglers around, but i didn't want to.

I also did ~8 Greater Rifts yesterday and 50%+ were very scarcely populated - exactly as ZaCrew described. (http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11760505958#7)
Regular rift, T4, one floor, two players --> 74% not enough mobs