Hellfire Amulet

Wizard
Is it worth farming for?

I can get ~25 keys in hour (so about 6 amulets for hour of key farming) but soul cost is enormous (I play on season, dont have 1000 souls...) and Im just wondering if its even worth it?

Currently Im using passives:
Illusionist
Unstable Anomaly
Blur
Evocation

Since Conflagration is for some reason not really working with FB set, I can only think of:
Glass Cannon - which I really dont like
Elemental Exposure - with Kormac I guess you can get (not 100% reliably but still) to 10-15%

Is there any other passive worth consideration?
I just dont feel those 2 are really worth it, considering time investment, enormous soul cost and seemingly 1:2000 chance of rolling good Hellfire Amulet...

What do you guys think?
Hey,

I also tried to craft a good Hellfire amulet on season but after 5 tries, I gave up.

As you mentioned, there are not much passives worth using for a FB build.

Perhaps *Dominance for some extra toughness, but that's quite "meh".
and yeah, maybe *Elemental Exposure. On paper, it seems like a good dps boost.
Astral Presence can also be an option if you feel like you need more AP/APregen

I'm done trying to get a good amulet for the moment but if you can get one of those (2), I guess its still a decent investment.

HF, and good luck ;)
I'd like to get one with astral presence. At this point I have one with Audacity and I do like that as well. Very often situations occur when minions will be within 15 yards of my character. The dmg boost vs those guys is nice to have.
Is it worth farming for?

That depends. I have cold & fire wiz but neither of them would benefit significantly from Hellfire amulet. On the other hand, I have two WDs and both of them NEED that amulet. Especially my pet doctor.
26/09/2014 09:05Posted by AndreLinoge
Is it worth farming for?

That depends. I have cold & fire wiz but neither of them would benefit significantly from Hellfire amulet. On the other hand, I have two WDs and both of them NEED that amulet. Especially my pet doctor.

Yea yea, I guess I didnt specifically state on this wizard forum that when I ask, I mean regarding wizard ^^

About Audacity:
I think its very contraproductive. When monsters get close, highest priority should be to get far to restore Zei bonus & its safer.
I guess the only exception is Hydra... If it works, I havent tested it.
26/09/2014 10:20Posted by DJVibrejtr
Yea yea, I guess I didnt specifically state on this wizard forum that when I ask, I mean regarding wizard ^^

You don't have to point that out. This is wiz subforum.
I'm just saying that it depends on your build. My wizards don't need it.

26/09/2014 10:20Posted by DJVibrejtr
About Audacity:
I think its very contraproductive. When monsters get close, highest priority should be to get far to restore Zei bonus & its safer.
I guess the only exception is Hydra... If it works, I havent tested it.

The distance is measured from your hydra to the enemy. Doesn't matter how far you are.
So is there a wizard that finds Hellfire amu useful?
Useful? Of course. Worth the farm? Not until it takes ages to farm other gear. I'm farming it now because I'm tired of farming everything else.