Diablo the pet game..

General Discussion
ye dude, pet game... awsome... need less and less skill, less and less fun, less and less stuff to do, less and less creativity then ever...
seriously all they created is pet builds for every class... i hope they end this season quick and bring something that require skill and is hard to master, like skill combination make u proc this and that... like.. COME ON... create something fun, and bring us some competition, like PvEvP, not a leaderboard, im talking about doing something faster then someone else in the same lobby or something,...
i like the way of jade wd :)
hope there will be more build like that,need practice to master but fun to play with
Would you care to describe the monk pet build? Short of boots with 2 ally, I cant see one. And lets face it, 2 ally isnt really a build in itself, is it?
This is Reaper of Pets. Are you still realizing now?
05/11/2014 13:27Posted by Salzwer

I remember when TMF ring worked on all classes :D Every class has a pet build ? Nothing bad .
The bad part is if u cannot hit the high results on non-pet builds :)
Crusader, Monk and Barb does not have petbuilds as the strongest.

Only 1 class have it really and that is the DH. Is it so hard to live with that?
06/11/2014 13:42Posted by HubbaSnubba

Only 1 class have it really and that is the DH. Is it so hard to live with that?

Pony and Phalanx Sader say hi.
Call of the Ancients bids the a warm welcome.
Fear Doctor and Pet Doctor welcome you to the party.

Mystic Ally and Hydras... i´ll leave them out.

So... if you do the math, 4 out of 6 classes have their strongest (or really close to the strongest)builds revolving around heavy usage of pets. I´m not judging by any means, just stating a fact.
06/11/2014 13:57Posted by Mentat

So... if you do the math, 4 out of 6 classes have their strongest (or really close to the strongest)builds revolving around heavy usage of pets. I´m not judging by any means, just stating a fact.

pet sader is starting to come a long nicely yes but still far from a level where it can compete against current cookie builds(and no, tossing horses is not a pet build, that is a spell build) and witchdoctor has allways been about pets, but barb as a good pet source? yea right...
only thing that works is Ik + one of the other class sets. ik alone cant pass gr30 solo.
06/11/2014 08:42Posted by Drax
05/11/2014 13:27Posted by Salzwer

I remember when TMF ring worked on all classes :D Every class has a pet build ? Nothing bad .
The bad part is if u cannot hit the high results on non-pet builds :)

That what I was talking about: no matter if your class is an archer or a heavy melee char, you end up by babysitting pets or, more accurately, pets end up by babysitting yourself. You don't even have the option of playing the role you're supposed to play.
Well... i do consider that a Pony Sader is a pet build, since their damage source is them ponnies.
Is it a spell? Yep, but so is everything else in D3, excluding Mantras and Shouts.
CotA is an integral part of any high end barb build, but ok, maybe i egg xagerated a tad.

Still.. pets, wether we like it or not, play a major role in D3.
It is what it is.
06/11/2014 14:51Posted by Mentat
Still.. pets, wether we like it or not, play a major role in D3.
It is what it is.

That doesn't mean it's right.
06/11/2014 13:57Posted by Mentat

Wrong wrong wrong. Crusaders have many builds that can reach above lvl 35 Grift so leave Crusaders out. Petsader is strong, but so is Condemn, Fissure, Shotgun, Stampede. Even a well geared Rolands can compete.

Barbs really only have 1 build that can clear 35+ and that is the Charger. Call of the Ancients builds max out around lvl35.

Really only 1 class is all about pets. DH ofc. I can't see a Shadows bane DH or a Natalyas DH clear very high.
06/11/2014 16:00Posted by HubbaSnubba
Wrong wrong wrong. Crusaders have many builds that can reach above lvl 35 Grift so leave Crusaders out. Petsader is strong, but so is Condemn, Fissure, Shotgun, Stampede. Even a well geared Rolands can compete.

Barbs really only have 1 build that can clear 35+ and that is the Charger. Call of the Ancients builds max out around lvl35.

Really only 1 class is all about pets. DH ofc. I can't see a Shadows bane DH or a Natalyas DH clear very high.

Nice. Today I learned that WDs are not a pet class...
The reason can be, that they just don't know how to scale the monster health & damage so that you enjoy the game even on the highest difficulties, but don't one shot everything on the lowest. In the meantime they need to think about that you just cannot do T6 in rare gear (dmg of most skills is scaled this way) but you should want the endgame sets of your class to get through the brick wall.

So they gave you the opportunity to provide more targets to the battlefield.

A WD#1 alone can survive let's say 5 hits and then drops dead.

But if WD#1 has 15 fetishes from passive and 4 dogs and 1 gargantuan, that WD can literally take zillion hits and takes ages to hunt down right?

The presence of pets should be calculated in Toughness hahaha
04/11/2014 22:27Posted by Strive
ye dude, pet game... awsome... need less and less skill, less and less fun, less and less stuff to do, less and less creativity then ever...
seriously all they created is pet builds for every class... i hope they end this season quick and bring something that require skill and is hard to master, like skill combination make u proc this and that... like.. COME ON... create something fun, and bring us some competition, like PvEvP, not a leaderboard, im talking about doing something faster then someone else in the same lobby or something,...

Newsflash - DIablo is a very low skill cap game, pet builds or not.