Consume gems to increase main stat

General Discussion
How about that? Consume 1 top-rank gem to permanently increase your main stat by 5. White gems would randomly give VIT or MAIN STAT. In HC, the +5's are lost when hero dies.

It would give an incentive to care about gems. It would give a sense of advancement. It would give a use for gems.

With 1053 Marquises, you would craft 13 Flawless Royals and then consume them for (13x5) 65 points of MAIN STAT. Does not sound very game-breaking, does it?
29/12/2014 07:27Posted by NYARLATHOTEP
With 1053 Marquises, you would craft 13 Flawless Royals and then consume them for (13x5) 65 points of MAIN STAT. Does not sound very game-breaking, does it?

It sounds pointless because 1053 gems for only 65 stat points is not so much.
Make every Marquise gem give you +1 stat, then it become usable.

Then, even people who does not have thousands of gems can use it.
Even +200 will help a new player who only got 200 gems.

Marquise +1
Imperial +3
Flawless Imperial +9
Royal +27
Flawless Royal +81

But I doubt that any of this happens.
29/12/2014 08:28Posted by Shark
Marquise +1
Imperial +3
Flawless Imperial +9
Royal +27
Flawless Royal +81

Of course, because +1 per marquise is too much (and why upgrade them if the bonus is the same?). And my suggestion of +5 per flawless is too little probably.

The concept is: consume gems to increase main stat. We can't write specific numbers because we do not have all the information available. What is the average amount of gems an average player has? Do players craft higher level gems or just collect the marqs/imperials?

I suggested +5 per top-gem because that's how paragon points are used, but it could be +10, or +0.1% Main Stat per gem. Whatever makes sense and keeps the balance.
Or this suggestion about higher level gems: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13122953730
29/12/2014 08:28Posted by Shark
29/12/2014 07:27Posted by NYARLATHOTEP

It sounds pointless because 1053 gems for only 65 stat points is not so much.
Make every Marquise gem give you +1 stat, then it become usable.

Then, even people who does not have thousands of gems can use it.
Even +200 will help a new player who only got 200 gems.

Marquise +1
Imperial +3
Flawless Imperial +9
Royal +27
Flawless Royal +81

What have you been smoking ?
+1 stat for every marquise would mean double mainstat for most high paragon players.

+5 for highest gem would be somehow balanced.
Nyar, seriously, why are you still not a green ranger?i'm a big fan, to me it feels like you've been here since I was a kid or since forever. blizz should promote you as mvp. where should I vote?
29/12/2014 12:42Posted by MunQ
What have you been smoking ?

Lately, nothing, but thank you for your concern.
Why not! Any method of extra actual progression in this game is welcome!
29/12/2014 13:04Posted by grezel
Nyar, seriously, why are you still not a green ranger?i'm a big fan, to me it feels like you've been here since I was a kid or since forever. blizz should promote you as mvp. where should I vote?

lel, it would fit:
- tons of useless posts
- low geared characters
- little amount of elite / life time kills

sounds like a MvP
31/12/2014 12:59Posted by Beni
29/12/2014 13:04Posted by grezel

lel, it would fit:
- tons of useless posts
- low geared characters
- little amount of elite / life time kills

sounds like a MvP

The only thing that doesn't fit is the obsequious behaviour.