New Sets in Season 2?

General Discussion
Will the new sets (from Blizzcon) be released when Season 2 starts?
Are they Season-only sets?
The set items that were shown at BlizzCon are currently planned for patch 2.2 and as such will not be available in Season 2. Whether or not those sets will be Season-only has yet to be determined though.
04/02/2015 15:46Posted by Vaneras
The set items that were shown at BlizzCon are currently planned for patch 2.2 and as such will not be available in Season 2. Whether or not those sets will be Season-only has yet to be determined though.

will not be available at season 2 start or in the whole season 2?

i already planned a build for the set :(
@Vaneras

I am very sorry to hear that Blizzard could not make those sets ready for season 2. My only motivation to return for this game, was the new Wizard set. I am very sad to see that there is no ETA on the new set and no new gameplay changer in season 2 for wizard. I would be better of not knowing about the new set at all when its this much delayed. So much hype for nothing and no surprise for season 2 at all. May i ask what Blizzard is thinking in terms of hyping their season reset and why there is no new sets to be introduced upon such an event? Having in mind the extreme long season 1.
I am looking forward for the new sets, and expected to be surprised by having them in Season 2.

Since that is not the case, I hope S2 will last no more than 3 months, and see the next patch & S3 & these items as soon as possible.
I really hope there new sets will NOT be season-only.
That would very much be a kick in the balls every non-seasonal player, patiently waiting for months for those items then being told them "guess what? you have to wait a couple more months or start from scratch to see them".
I can understand some build changing items being season-only, but entire sets that are planned as competitors to the already existing ones? I really hope not.

About them being implemented DURING season 2? I don't think so.
Some players outraged for the implementation of ancient items at the end of Season 1 and they were not gamechanging items, just more powerful version of existing ones.
04/02/2015 15:59Posted by Kimmen
@Vaneras

I am very sorry to hear that Blizzard could not make those sets ready for season 2. My only motivation to return for this game, was the new Wizard set. I am very sad to see that there is no ETA on the new set and no new gameplay changer in season 2 for wizard. I would be better of not knowing about the new set at all when its this much delayed. So much hype for nothing and no surprise for season 2 at all. May i ask what Blizzard is thinking in terms of hyping their season reset and why there is no new sets to be introduced upon such an event? Having in mind the extreme long season 1.

It was the same when they announced ROS ages in advance, any motivation to play the game was destroyed in the mean time...

It's nice to know about new content but knowing about it 4-6 months in advance is pointless...
Well i dont understand that too. Hype the community with new sets and release them when the hype is already over...
Blizzcon was in 2014 and you release the sets maby late 2015.
In that time movies are made. And Blizzard already designed those sets and need 10month to release them....
So, is the only thing that is going to be new for Season 2 is the new legendry gems?

Hearing that the new sets won't be available in Season 2 (or the start at least) will come as a surprise to some people (not just me).....
04/02/2015 17:04Posted by Brusilov
So, is the only thing that is going to be new for Season 2 is the new legendry gems?

There are new/updated class-specific items as well, just like in Season 1.
04/02/2015 15:56Posted by Phiro
will not be available at season 2 start or in the whole season 2?

i already planned a build for the set :(

Since the last patch messed Season 1 ending a little bit, Blizzard said they will bring major patches at the end of Seasons by now. So I don't think the Patch that implements the new Sets will be released before Season 2 ends.

I cant remember the exact date myself so checked the Wiki, it seems Season 1 started at 29/08/2014 and ending up at 03/02/2015 which is 22,5 weeks, so roughly 5-6 months a season.

If season 2 is the exact same, we will see the new sets and Season 3 at around 05/07/2015'ish I assume.
04/02/2015 17:06Posted by Jito
04/02/2015 17:04Posted by Brusilov

There are new/updated class-specific items as well, just like in Season 1.

Thanks - I presume that's the two bracers (Gungdo's Gear for Monks and Ranslor's Folly for Wizards) and reworked Wormwood?

Ah, just re-read the blurb ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/16607841/first-look-season-2-11-7-2014 ) there seems to be others but I've not found any more information on them.....
04/02/2015 17:10Posted by Demran
If season 2 is the exact same, we will see the new sets and Season 3 at around 05/07/2015'ish I assume.

They have said that they did not intend for S1 to be so long... So I guess they are normally aiming for 3-4 months. I don't think the new sets will be introduced mid-season2, so probably late 2015Q2.
Blizzard sucks extremly!

3 Months they work on 6 Sets???? And now we wait again 3 Monts?
Given the first news we heard on these new sets way back at blizzcon 2014 and how we wont see them until atleast season 3 which is god knows how long away, I think it is safe to assume there is only a skeleton crew working on Diablo3.

There really isnt any reason what so ever to play season 2. Not as a Barb atleast, a frenzy belt? please.
04/02/2015 17:43Posted by NYARLATHOTEP
They have said that they did not intend for S1 to be so long...

True, but intended or not, its just very disappointing that even with the delayed season 1, nothing really exciting is coming season 2's way. What does it matter if a season is 3 months or a year, if nothing new and exciting is introduced. Whats even the point of seasons or resets, if all you do is grinding up almost the same gear once more?

Blizzard also stated about the D3 team "they’re not working on a secret project in the StarCraft universe", But it makes you wonder what are they doing and how many are actively working the game?

"continuing to support the game with patch content", what content?
Oh man this game is wasting its huge potential. I mean so enjoyable game-play wise...but the content is not existent.

1) About one build available per class..most of them actively using one skill
2) So few endgame options...I'd love to do more things than Bounties/Rifts/useless uber fight
3) No PvP

1) add 3 more sets or remove them completely (so you can use at least 10 skill from the 120 potentially available)

2) Uber fight should have more meaningful rewards, and I'm sure that they have lot of ideas for endgame than those three

3) Add PvP (maybe you can only yellow items in PvP), everybody loved the Arenas on Blizzcon, where is it? I mean I watched the developer diaries some time ago, and they were saying that PvP is their priority 1 after release.

EDIT: If the sets are season-only I will start playing seasons...
Whether or not those sets will be Season-only has yet to be determined though.

If that happens I quit! !@#$ seasonal only %^-*!
04/02/2015 19:08Posted by DarthVader
Whether or not those sets will be Season-only has yet to be determined though.

If that happens I quit! !@#$ seasonal only %^-*!

then quit. :D nobody cares :D
you'll be back again as always.
korean user...

update patch ..... so slow..

I want to configure a more diverse skills and items.