Why no love for solo players?

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
Highly Rated
I'm just wondering why, like everything in this game needs group plays.

Trials - Group plays
More Experience - Group plays
More Legendaries - Group plays

If i wan't to compete with paragon i need group,
If i wan't to compete at solo leaderboards i need group for gem upgrades
If i wan't to get worth of my time compared to others, i just need group.

I can't say anything.

Don't get me wrong, ofcourse playing with friends is a lot of fun. Playing with groups and pushing rankings, talking, sharing is absolutely different thing. But sometimes you can't just make it with random groups if you are focusing competition, You cannot agree with people everytime just for the goodies/profits. Game feels like we need to do everything together for the best result at anything include solo competition. That's the problem.

I just don't like begging people to create groups for only more experience, more legendaries and gem upgrades. And i'm not happy cause of this.

Please just do some balance between group plays and solo plays. Like maybe another solo ladder without allowing group plays. So small groups/solo players can feel much comfortable without worriying about experience/paragon gem upgrades against others.

Maybe some other players playing D3 with limited time. Sorry but they are not the case for this, since they will have fun whatever they do already, similar to when i play other games with limited time.

Edit: I'll add your constructive feedbacks here soon. Thanks for the discussion.
I play mainly solo. I'm not competing with anyone so i don't need anything, therefore i don't need groups.
Not sure what you "need".
15/02/2015 20:39Posted by Excalibur
If i wan't to get worth of my time i just need group.

So play in a group. I don't need one to enjoy my time ingame. Sucks to be you.
16/02/2015 01:41Posted by Kargon
If i wan't to get worth of my time i just need group.

So play in a group. I don't need one to enjoy my time ingame. Sucks to be you.

Same.

Strictly solo player and I'm fine with it.

If I wouldn't get my time 'worth' then I wouldn't even play this GAME,I don't need others for that.
It is a bit weird actually.

Originally the buff that increases experince when you're in a group was introduced back when the game was so difficult that most players played solo, because that was the most efficient way to play. It simply made it just as efficient to play in a group, so players weren't being penalized for playing with their friends.

Today it's different though. It's far more efficient to play in a group today than it is to play solo. So there really is no need for an experience buff to further incentivize grouping. It really only serves to penalize players for playing solo.

The best solution would probably be to simply remove the buff and boost everyone's base experience gains by 30%.

And I think you can perhaps also argue that the game's difficulty doesn't scale very well when an extra player joins your game. The class synergy is so strong that the game gets easier the more players there are, even though it shouldn't. The game's difficulty should scale up so it's unchanged despite another player joining. But that's not the case. It becomes easier, because the difficulty doesn't scale enough.
15/02/2015 23:51Posted by Excalibur
15/02/2015 22:05Posted by Wolfways
I play mainly solo. I'm not competing with anyone so i don't need anything, therefore i don't need groups.

Very nice arguement. You and your kind just annoys me with 0 gameplay sense.

lol My kind? You mean people who enjoy the game?
If you feel your time is worth more gear and xp/hour then that's a separate issue from needing a group.
I distinctly remember the devs in some interview stating that "D3 was conceived, designed and developed as a MULTIPLAYER experiece" and that "this remains their focus."

They way I see it, you play the "normal" game in solo; in multi, you get a nice bonus in order to have incentive to play multi. Since they want to promote multiplayer for whatever reasons, it is expected to offer some motives for choosing multiplayer, isn't it?
16/02/2015 07:03Posted by NYARLATHOTEP
I distinctly remember the devs in some interview stating that "D3 was conceived, designed and developed as a MULTIPLAYER experiece" and that "this remains their focus."

This is not exactly an argument 'cos those same devs said many other things and then did exactly the opposite.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16285118691#new-post
16/02/2015 07:59Posted by BokoTikvata
This is not exactly an argument 'cos those same devs said many other things and then did exactly the opposite.

I think they are the highest authority concerning the game they develop. If *they* say that the multiplayer aspect is the most important for their game, I have to believe them. If *you* say e.g. that they give no love to the wizard, I have to check it out myself, or consult a higher authority.

Also. so far, I've seen that when they make an announcement they stick to it. When they talk about work-in-progress and design ideas, and experiments, please have the common sense to expect changes and/or cancelations.

I think it is mostly lack of common sense, lack of the ability to draw conclusions based on data, lack of the ability to see the general picture and the scale of the game, etc that makes some posters believe that they fight the good fight against the satanic forces of Blizzard.
@NYAR, write me a wall - it wont matter.
Facts are speaking for them selves.

Read #6. @Jito nailed it.
So, whats the problem again? D3 is an online-only multiplayergame. Of course playing in a group should be more rewarding than playing solo.
16/02/2015 08:23Posted by BokoTikvata
@NYAR, write me a wall - it wont matter.
Facts are speaking for them selves.

Read #6. @Jito nailed it.

I am sorry, but you consider "facts" only the things that further your opinion/goal. It is not wise, is it?

That is no fact anyway, this poster wrote that he thinks there should be no extra advantage in multis, since the synergy of heros already makes the runs easier. Nice, he has a point, which may be discussed.

Personally, I think that synergy alone is not enough because in many cases it does not have so obvious results, especially in random games or with heros of average power level. But, if a group makes proper planning with their classes & builds, the effects can be impressive; the extra effort taken by such players, should get them extra rewards!
They already have the "extra rewards" - They kill faster
Faster killing means more XP for the same amount of time (even without the party bonus).
Faster killing means more loot for the same amount of time ...again - even without the bonus.

On the other hand there is one question that is not answered:
Why solo mode exists if the game is a Multyplayer one ? it is not that difficult to cut off that possibility. Even more - it would be logical if that was the devs intentions in a first place.
But it exists right?

So, Why
16/02/2015 08:43Posted by Uvirith
Of course

It wont hurt the game nor anyone's game experience.
Currently the bonuses for playing in a party are miserable. They exists and JUST form an impression that they matter. Don't get me wrong - they do matter but once you reach 70 they dont.
On the other hand if a player choose to play solo - he is punished.
Why ?

I presume that there IS something that Blizzard is not telling us. Probably (and thats a speculation) every time a player starts a solo game he/she actually occupy a whole server (< probably a wrong way to express my self) and that actually cost something to Blizzard. Probably thats even hurts the game experience for all of us (like ...causing lag ... idk).
If thats the case - then YES. I would agree that solo playing should be punished. BUT I believe that just out of courtesy Blizzard have to say it.
16/02/2015 09:27Posted by BokoTikvata
I presume that there IS something that Blizzard is not telling us.
16/02/2015 09:27Posted by BokoTikvata
If thats the case - then YES. I would agree that solo playing should be punished. BUT I believe that just out of courtesy Blizzard have to say it.

D3, designed as a multiplayer experience, gives motives for multiplayer games and rewards those more. Single player is still available for obvious reasons, but there are no extra rewards, it's the base line.

So, you disregard the common sense and reasonable explanation above, you have already decided that "solo is punished" and fixate on this, you know how fitting the rewards should be and find them too much, and even go as far as suggesting that there is a hidden agenda that drives such decisions; and that *they* should have the courtesy to tell us so! Tin-foil supremacy...
16/02/2015 09:36Posted by NYARLATHOTEP
and even go as far as suggesting that there is a hidden agenda that drives such decisions; and that *they* should have the courtesy to tell us so! Tin-foil supremacy...

I said that its a speculation.
When you start a game (solo or multy) where it is processed?
On your PC ?
15/02/2015 23:51Posted by Excalibur
15/02/2015 22:05Posted by Wolfways

Very nice arguement. You and your kind just annoys me with 0 gameplay sense.
insulting us isnt gonna help ,reported

I can't say anything. Like i'm just trying to not quit.
plz do mate its not that you are cutout of the right wood for it anyway

also yiu have 766 plvl and just now realize that you need to play together

i guess we have anotherone of those Bought/sold accounts

what did you pay for a paragon 766 account mate ?
The way a lot of people play in rifts and grifts nowadays there is not much multiplayer bonus anyway. The barb and the monk just race mindlessly ahead of the "group".
The sharing of items is already a HUGE buff for multies. So, what can be done to make solo plays worth it then?

Trials:
1) Need to be removed completely
OR
2) With a 2s/3s/4s key should NOT be possible to enter a solo GR

Experience:
1) Need a buff for solo
OR
2) Paragon needs a cap (800 for example)

Legendaries:
1) Need a buff for solo
OR
2) Need a nerf for multi

Gem upgrades:
1) 2s, 3s, 4s GR groups should reach the same level as highest solo class
OR
2) Gems need a cap (level 50 for example)