Bloodshard cap ruins the game experience

General Discussion
Yes i know the topic has been up a lot.

But i almost feel like the game dont want to be played due to this cap.

This is my regular experience:

First i join a public game. Bad party/low players/low gear.
So i join another game. Same issue.
This goes on for a few minutes...
Finally i find a game where only one player is useless compared to rest of team.
With a bit of luck everybody agrees that this individual does not fit and must be kicked.
Another random person joins the game and therefore it may take a few tries to fix a decent party.
But now everybody seems ready and you start this obnoxious trial.
Then starting the grift and by this starting the game you actually had in mind in the first place.
The grift boss gets killed and drops about 200 bloodshards. (depending on the difficulty that is)
We either upgrade key for next grift or go make a new trial.
Then complete this second grift and get the bloodshards.

Now its time to gamble but im not interested in doing this on my current char, so im going to switch char... And its a public game with a satisfying party.
Some communication must be initialized at this point to decide whether to make private party or just make me do my business and then try to re invite even though this would require some kicking.
To wrap it up, this is a time consuming process if people are not agreeing from start by already knowing beforehand what to do (is aware of this issue)
If a private party is finally made, this makes the issue with switching chars about not existing.
This is all great until one player from the group says "got to go, gg bb".
So by not having a friend ready to take this player spot, it seems we need to open the game to public and we need to redo several of these steps one more time. Just to play and enjoy grifts in this game...

Another way is to simply try to find a group via chat. This rarely works in a few minutes and often takes more than 10 minutes. Clans are also a help on this issue.
It just happens that i dont feel i belong in a clan nor a chat window. I simply just want to play grifts and get bloodshards for gambling. Pretty casual.

The whole point is that in any case i can run 2 grifts with an ok party and then the cap makes sure to ruin any flow/rhythm and forces me to take a break.. and mostly have to find a new party.

Its really frustrating Blizzard.
I think most, if not all of the player base believe that the bloodshard cap is crap and should either be rased significantly or removed entirely.
But blizzard has other ideas and it will stay right where it is because apparently blizzard has some kind of great reason to keep the cap in place.
10/03/2015 08:25Posted by Lifat
But blizzard has other ideas and it will stay right where it is because apparently blizzard has some kind of great reason to keep the cap in place.

Their reason was new players who does not know what Blood Shards are.

There has been so many suggestion how to fix that problem.

1. Every x paragon increases your Blood Shard cap.

2. Use paragon points to increase Blood Shard cap just like you can increase Gold find.

3. Keep it 500 until you get paragon 100, then increase it 5 times.

etc.
Incoming Microtransaction: Blood Shard Sack; Increase your cache to store more of Kadala's vice in one place. ;)

I hope that something is done, i agree it is frustrating to have to switch characters and hope that you get into a competent group again.

Fingers crossed there's something which can allow for this to be resolved, either by default or by Paragon points / levels.
Never will happen.

like the other thread about fps loss.

Bli$$ard want you to have fun their way.

QOL lmao 2 steps forward 3 steps back
I wouldn´t say it ruins the game experience, but i will say it makes it less enjoyable.
The buff to Kadala´s drop rate and increase in cost, whilst sound in theory, has achieved little in terms of said goal change: "reduce the number of trips to Kadala".
With speed Grifts (acessible to a vast majority of the playerbase), speed Rifts, BloodThieves and Greater Rifts... you can easilly find yourself capped at 500 every other run. Easily.
And since you cannot select the toon you wish to spend shards on (a real shame and a no no in my book), you either ask for people to bare with you whilst you log out, spend shards and log in again or just leave that group altogether. Same happens if you are soloing and want to spend shards for another toon.

I´m fine if they only introduce a higher shard cap through microtransactions. Same boat as with stash space. Just give us the option. The additional revenue would allow for more regular content update/patches/bug fixes and the lot. It wouldn´t give any game advantage to the playerbase but i would provide a QOL improvement for those willing/able to pay for those perks.
Why is there such a low cap though, has Blizzard aspoken about this?

I mean, if the reason was to prevent an alt character to just gamle for a full set of exellent gear we could do it today anyways but it's a hassle..I don't see why they have the low cap. A Cap is a must of course but not 500.

p.s like the idea of the cap scaling with paragon points.
Get friends? Casual problems lol.
11/03/2015 01:15Posted by KingD
Cap will be raised. Surprised people haven't heard!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/18061643/patch-220-ptr-patch-notes-updated-310-3-10-2015#amrifts

+1

Now its time to gamble but im not interested in doing this on my current char, so im going to switch char... And its a public game with a satisfying party.
If a private party is finally made, this makes the issue with switching chars about not existing.
This is all great until one player from the group says "got to go, gg bb".
The whole point is that in any case i can run 2 grifts with an ok party and then the cap makes sure to ruin any flow/rhythm and forces me to take a break.. and mostly have to find a new party.

Its really frustrating Blizzard.

A solution, which is already somewhat existing in WoW, could be to implement a dropdown menu e.g. 'Chose Class' so that we can chose which class our rolls will be centered around.
The only problem would be that we wouldn't be able to compare the gambled items with those worn on our other characters.
But this design would also need to be discussed, approved and tested before eventually being implemented to the live servers.

11/03/2015 01:15Posted by KingD
Cap will be raised. Surprised people haven't heard!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/18061643/patch-220-ptr-patch-notes-updated-310-3-10-2015#amrifts

This is indeed good news. :)