Wizard Speedfarming in 2.2

Wizard
Exactly how much of a struggle is it? I see people talk big talk on forums, but I have yet to see a wizard in game or on video actually clear T6 (upscaled in a group) at a speed that at least comes close to say WW barb speed.

If anyone has a build (preferably with a video, not just talk and theory) for split farming upscaled T6 rifts, please share it. I am looking all over the internet but I can't find one, and I'm losing hope. I love wizards in D3 but this patch I feel left in the dust by other classes.
Full Firebird set + Cinder coat.
Crafted Ancient Dev Mace.
Rings: Focus/Restraint.

2 Main skills: Flame Blades and Blizzard(Fire Rune)
Those 2 will activate the F+R 100% bonus.

2 skill passives for armor like Frost armor and Force weapon.
Teleport
One more skill of your choice, I use Blackhole(Fire rune) or Mammoth hydra

This build works because since you are teleporting around and using Blizzard, most of the whtie mobs die. Flame blades do lots of damage because of the 2nd set bonus from firebird. Save Black hole for harder mobs and elite packs.

You can teleport a lot with Illusionist passive, this build helped me clear faster than most classes other than DH with strafe build.
Currently got a T6 farm build on my Tal Rasha's wiz http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tomon-2325/hero/1082265
Never really encountered any other char that would left me in dust, at best they're keeping up with me and that's even when I'm picking up items. On the other hand I did not encounter a well geared Dashing strike monk but even that shouldn't be problem.

I'm mostly doing full clear in group and even with 4 people everything dies instantly at least as long as the meteor is on cd. Otherwise I have to 'jump' even twice sometime...
I don't know the exact speed for solo Rift but I managed to get the two minutes speed rift achievement with my friend only joining me seconds before spawning rift guardian.
Also the start -> RG kill timer is really affected by RNG in any case.

What you need for this build
Items:
Weapon: Aether Walker, nuff said.
Off hand: Craft yourself some nice Cosmic Strand.
Set: Of course Tal Rasha's with Nilfur's Boast boots so you can kill RG in about two seconds top :) (Firebird honestly worked quite similar too but it was slower)
Rings: Focus & Restraint rings just to be sure :)
Bracers: Ancient Parthan Defenders if you need a little defense since you're running without armor spell. But currently even in four man I'm running with Nemesis Bracers since it's annoying to constantly switch them.
Shoulders: Up to you but currently the best choice seem to be Pauldrons of Skeleton King.

Skills:
Teleport Calamity: Your arcane proc, stun and of course means to move. Who want to be running nowadays?
Wave of Force Heat Wave: Your main spender and fire proc. This is what will take care of all the trash in one jump and will kill everything else in few if the meteors aren't ready.
Explosive Blast Flash: Lighting proc, explosive blast with shortest cd garanting that it will be always here for you to use and also nice additional damage if something is alive for whatever reason. Very good since you can casting along with anything else.
Spectral Blades Ice Blades: Cold proc and since we need some signature spell to proc F&R this seem nice. You are free to use whatever cold signature spell you're prefer but this is nice AOE and with enough stacks can kill any trash in one shot.
Magic Weapon Conduit: As long as there are enough enemies, you will never run out of arcane power
Familiar Arcanot: In case there are not enough enemies, this will keep your AP pool sustained.

Passives:
Elemental Exposure Go read Tal Rasha's set bonus if you need explanation
Audacity 15% dmg freebie? Okay, I will take it. Always in meele range anyway ;)
Astral Presence Bigger AP pool with bigger regen. You don't want to worry about resources in speed runs
Fourth passive is pretty much up to you. I'm using Unstable Anomaly so I can pick up that nice legendary from molten explosion without any need to wait ;)
I can solo clear 4 player t6 rifts (from start to the RG kill), in a couple of minutes, depending on the tileset/mobs.

I have played with some pretty quick barbs too and in all but the most open maps I would be quicker (they kill better on the move but I can move faster between packs, especially in maze type maps).

I run this build:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bliQfS!YXiR!bbccZb

With an ancient Aether Walker.

I teleport around, casting 1 or 2 spells per pack of mobs and then moving on, I try to then cast a different 1 or 2 spells on the next pack to maintain the TR buff without having to stand and cast for too long.

I also run 2 high level DoT gems and bane of the trapped.

With 4 stacks of TR buff, teleport/calamity + the dots from the gems is enough to kill most trash mobs in a 4 player game without having to cast anything else; but casting 1 or 2 spells to drop a meteor as you move on just makes sure they die.

Rare elites and blues require a second or 2 of standing and casting then I can move on and let the dots/meteors finish them off (barbs could kill these with nothing more than WW'ing through them once, but as I said, I could move quicker to the next pack which makes up for it).

I use the exact same setup for everything from T6 up to GR 40 (GR 40's can be cleared in <4 mins with my current gear).

And yesterday, for a bit of fun I ran a 46 and managed to clear it in 6:30, just switching out glass canon for blur.

I did record a bit of footage of a T6 and a GR40 yesterday with this setup but not youtubed it yet. If I get chance tonight I'll upload it and link it here.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14381028801

If you can keep up the In-geom effect it is better than the Etherwalker, Wizards with an ether walker can't keep up with me, the only thing faster is a Monk with the new dashing strike set. This build is also faster than a WW barb.
If they can't keep up with you then they don't have the right spec.

If you run the arcane power regen passive and sparkflint/arcanot or magic weapon/conduit (not passive regen but grats power based on hits), you can teleport almost indefinitely without running out of arcane power and don't have the requirement to first kill an elite pack to get the CDR.

Would have to play in the same game to get a real side by side comparison but I wouldn't bet against an Aether Walker setup being quicker.
21/04/2015 12:16Posted by Skonk
If they can't keep up with you then they don't have the right spec.

Had a good runs with a few Ether wizards last night, the difference was very little and the only thing holding them back was them running out of AP from time to time.

Most etherwalker wizards in public struggle with the AP cost for fast casting, if they can solve that the builds are probably just as fast, when in-geom effect is up.
I can solo clear 4 player t6 rifts (from start to the RG kill), in a couple of minutes, depending on the tileset/mobs.

I have played with some pretty quick barbs too and in all but the most open maps I would be quicker (they kill better on the move but I can move faster between packs, especially in maze type maps).

I run this build:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bliQfS!YXiR!bbccZb

With an ancient Aether Walker.

I teleport around, casting 1 or 2 spells per pack of mobs and then moving on, I try to then cast a different 1 or 2 spells on the next pack to maintain the TR buff without having to stand and cast for too long.

I also run 2 high level DoT gems and bane of the trapped.

With 4 stacks of TR buff, teleport/calamity + the dots from the gems is enough to kill most trash mobs in a 4 player game without having to cast anything else; but casting 1 or 2 spells to drop a meteor as you move on just makes sure they die.

Rare elites and blues require a second or 2 of standing and casting then I can move on and let the dots/meteors finish them off (barbs could kill these with nothing more than WW'ing through them once, but as I said, I could move quicker to the next pack which makes up for it).

I use the exact same setup for everything from T6 up to GR 40 (GR 40's can be cleared in <4 mins with my current gear).

And yesterday, for a bit of fun I ran a 46 and managed to clear it in 6:30, just switching out glass canon for blur.

I did record a bit of footage of a T6 and a GR40 yesterday with this setup but not youtubed it yet. If I get chance tonight I'll upload it and link it here.

Thanks for the realistic reply, exactly what I was looking for. Please upload your video if you get the chance.

It looks like Aether Walker is really a must for wizards trying to keep up with things like barbs, I'll start praying to Tyrael for a drop.

My only concern is that calamity and gem poison/bleed (and potentially force wave spam) isn't enough to kill tanky trash, and you end up having to proc meteors to finish them. Barbs can very quickly clear all the trash leaving no stragglers behind, also something I'm weary of with wizards. Sure they can teleport around and have great burst, but if they leave half the mobs behind at low health I'd still rather play something more efficient.

Looking forward to some more videos guys.
As Fraggus69 said above, an In-Geom is also a great choice.

Problem with them is you really need it to roll 10 seconds, which IMO makes it harder to find than an Aether Walker.

But either will works great.
Ok to follow up; I recorded a couple of rifts today.

http://youtu.be/UeObH-dUSG8
(note: at the time of posting this, the video is still uploading/processing)

Had Skype running, so if you hear the odd voice that's why (it didn't record me talking though, just the friends I was on Skype with... who didn't actually know I was recording).

Was 2 Barbs (1 well geared, 1 pretty well geared) and a freshly dinged Crusader we were boosting.

Quick T6 rift followed by a GR 39 (was directly after but I forgot to hit record till we'd jumped in. Gear and spec was same as shown at the start).
A bit of an update for me. I have had an ancient HoW drop since I made this thread, and also a normal Aether Walker.

I made CDR stacking explosive blast spamming build with the HoW and it kills things almost instantly while being reasonably tanky even in 4mans. The only problem was mobility being very bad, much lower than things like barb/monk. Still happy with the tankiness and killing speed.

I'm currently trying to get an aether walker build to do enough damage to kill trash in a couple of spells, but I am running into serious arcane power problems. I end up having to proc meteors to kill simple trash and while I have god like mobility, the killing power is pretty damn low. Perhaps with good ancient gear and a focus/restraint things will be better, but so far explosive blast spam is much more functional for me.
Hi there,

I'm struggling to spec at the moment as I have collected a few different sets and uniques but can't seem to co-ordinate them in a way that deals good damage output! I had been playing the del set with slow time and arcane orb but found it to pretty insucessful. I have the full TR set which I am currently trying, 4 pc DSL and 5 piece FB. At the moment I am not too worried about play style, I just want to be able to cruise in T6 rifts and kill stuff in gr35-40. At the moment I'm really struggling to survive, or do damage! I also have RROG, focus and restraint. Any advice you can give for now would be greatly accredited, feel free to check out my profile.

Thanks
https://youtu.be/8jmss_sNyHI

Fast and furious?
Fourth passive is pretty much up to you. I'm using Unstable Anomaly so I can pick up that nice legendary from molten explosion

Please elaborate..
I was mostly joking :) Three passives are pretty much given. The final one is up to you.
I personally use Unstable Anomaly since I don't use any armor spell or defense passive. I pretty much never die anyway but with unstable anomaly I can for example risk even picking up stuff after killing molten elite without the explosion potencionaly killing me if I'm not fast enough. Just a safety net for playing around
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/54108-fast-t6-farm-5tal-3dmo this on is pretty fast with high runspeed and bubbles everywhere.
Made a tweak to my speed farming setup last night.

Dropped Ice Shield so I can run both Magic Weapon/Conduit and Familiar/Arcanot to double up on the arcane power generation (still with Astral Presence passive) and running nemesis bracers full time so no need to switch for shrines.

Have to play like a ninja, in and out before they get chance to hit you but it makes for and even quicker farming speed.

Solo'd a 4 player T6 rift in around 1:30 last night and was able to run the same spec in greaters (did up to 37 and had no issues, solo clear in a 4 player game again).

Should note that I'm getting closer to paragon 600 now and my gear is mostly ancient so this is factoring in to why I can get away with being so squishy.
FB with Aether Walker is really fast.
Dont think anything else can compare to that in speed T6 as a wiz.

Just go for blizzard, teleport(wormhole) and random + damage skills and oneshot everything. You need one extra spell for champion packs (twister or bh works fine).

I think the only thing that outperforms that in speed is a dashing monk.
24/04/2015 17:59Posted by Rate
FB with Aether Walker is really fast.
Dont think anything else can compare to that in speed T6 as a wiz.

Just go for blizzard, teleport(wormhole) and random + damage skills and oneshot everything. You need one extra spell for champion packs (twister or bh works fine).

I think the only thing that outperforms that in speed is a dashing monk.

I actually tried a firebird/aether walker build and it is surprisingly viable. Not as fast as tal rasha though, and definitely lacks the burst from meteors for RGs and elites/rares.