China gets up to 10 stash tabs for real money

General Discussion
... and EU/US nothing, is this a joke? And because it's for real money in China we wont get this for gold anyway. The stash system is a mess and Blizzard does nothing for the players. A simple search field where you could type in a name fragment and it would show where it's located on which character would be a first step, but no, nothing. Gem system is a mess. All good other MMORPs or related games offer unlimited banks with hundreds of space, better stack system, set banks, and so on. But blizzard games seem to lack this for a reason to annoy players. It took like 10 years to do something for the players in WoW. Wonder how long it will take, if it ever happens, in D3.
They also get more character slots, more pets, more transmogs and more wings as rest of the world.
Don't forget that basic Diablo 3 is free 2 play in China.

Patch 2.3 is on the way... we might get the same content or not.
Seems there are no "technical limitations" in China.

#greed
@blizzard , just dish out the SAME for everyone!!
how can I play on chinese servers then?
Different business/marketing models:
- for China, basic game is free, RoS is paid for, there are microtransactions

- for EU/US/etc, basic game is paid for, RoS is paid for, you get all updates/patches for free.

Why is that so frustrating for some posters? China market is totally different, different laws, different censorship and ratings, different player habits and needs - so it makes sense to have a different business model there.
20/05/2015 17:34Posted by NYARLATHOTEP

- for EU/US/etc, basic game is paid for, RoS is paid for, you get all updates/patches for free.

Why is that so frustrating for some posters? China market is totally different, different laws, different censorship and ratings, different player habits and needs - so it makes sense to have a different business model there.

Or you could just look at Blizzards actual response to stash space concerns. They point to other reasons as to why this is an issue for eu america ect.
The devs agree its an issue and they are looking into ways they can help people. They have said its alot to do with technical limitations as to why they cant increase stash space.

Your right china has a different business model but your wrong to say it has anything to do with players habits and needs and looks like your wrong on your other points if you read the blue comment.

They seem to have addressed this stash issues in China though (assuming the tabs are the same size) . Thats why most players are asking if its something that can be addressed in the other regions.

12/11/2014 13:35Posted by Vaneras
Hi guys,

The topic of Stash Space was brought up during the Q&A part of the Diablo Panel at BlizzCon, and I just wanted to relay the developer's feedback on this topic here as well.

Question: This could be a controversial question. One problem people have in Diablo is character and stash space. Can we buy more inventory space or character space in Diablo 3?
Answer: Will we have a store to sell more stash space? Everyone wants that. Not specifically the store aspect, but we’re always discussing the issue of more space. And if we give you more you want more, and more and more and eventually all the internet is your items.
We think about it and we want to address it, but nothing to say now.

Travis Day also [url="http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/travis-day-interview-blizzcon-2014#more-381573"]commented on this topic[/url] during an Interview by IncGamers during BlizzCon:
Stash space comes up a lot. I’ve said myself, “I would totally pay to have more stash tabs.” But honestly… that’s when I’m in my player’s shoes. When I’m in my designer’s shoes, we talk about it differently. No matter how many tabs we give players; two more, five more, etc, they’re going to fill those and want more. So what we’ve been trying to figure out recently is how we can help you better manage your stash. How we can help you not need to save so many things.

So take something like crafting materials. Maybe we make them easier to store. maybe we find reasons for players to get rid of some extra stuff they’re keeping.

On top of that there are technical reasons. There are only so many… we call them “actors” but it’s about how many items are in our game and how many it’s storing in memory at any given time. If we do almost any more than we have now, the game can’t physically keep up with it.

So to summarise; the developers are very much aware of the concerns you guys have in regards to stash space, and while there are some technical limitations that will have to be considered, the developers are looking into how best to address the stash space situation.
Maybe they can fund better server hardware and still make a decent profit because of the micro transactions.
Technical limitations can be overcome with the income from microtransactions. That's how it works normally, isn't it?

The current EU/US/etc model does not include micros; maybe this would change, similar to the previous (RM)AH model was changed. I would not bet on such changes though, at least in the short-term.
20/05/2015 17:34Posted by NYARLATHOTEP

Or you could just look at Blizzards actual response to stash space concerns. They point to other reasons as to why this is an issue for eu america ect.
The devs agree its an issue and they are looking into ways they can help people. They have said its alot to do with technical limitations as to why they cant increase stash space.

Your right china has a different business model but your wrong to say it has anything to do with players habits and needs and looks like your wrong on your other points if you read the blue comment.

They seem to have addressed this stash issues in China though (assuming the tabs are the same size) . Thats why most players are asking if its something that can be addressed in the other regions.

12/11/2014 13:35Posted by Vaneras
Hi guys,

The topic of Stash Space was brought up during the Q&A part of the Diablo Panel at BlizzCon, and I just wanted to relay the developer's feedback on this topic here as well.

Travis Day also [url="http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/travis-day-interview-blizzcon-2014#more-381573"]commented on this topic[/url] during an Interview by IncGamers during BlizzCon:

So to summarise; the developers are very much aware of the concerns you guys have in regards to stash space, and while there are some technical limitations that will have to be considered, the developers are looking into how best to address the stash space situation.

If they can do it for china they can do it here this was a classic non answer answer if we are not playing the same game with the same features as china how can we be reasonably expected to compare ourselves to their player base when we are pushing seasons and hardcore or just playing the game in general why are we the second class player base??
china is all dead, and you know it - this topic is flood

And, YES, I, I, I did it)))))

And I am happy, and you are DEAD)))
And it will be more painfull SOON)))
01/08/2018 23:31Posted by Меч

This is how someone with a mental break down goes like kids...
02/08/2018 04:04Posted by YousiF
01/08/2018 23:31Posted by Меч

This is how someone with a mental break down goes like kids...

Hurts, hurts, hurts))) It's sooo hurts))) ENJOY.