Help me improve my WIZ !!!

Wizard
Hi,

I have changed my Wizard from Firebird build to a Tal Rasha/Delsere's build.

I am finding it great fun.

I've only tried mid 30 greater rifts at the moment but im doing pretty well.

Any ideas to help improve my build/items would be very much appreciated.

I know lots of people with similar builds use Teleport instead of Meteor but I've found it very effective at the moment.
With your toughness you can easily switch one of your survivability gem for damage-dealing - try toxin instead of esoteric alteration. I have much lower values here and can comfortably run even bad 39-40 (with amethist in helm, not ruby =)).
Also with the only CD skill (BH) consider swapping Evocation for elemental exposure.
My highest solo g-rift is lv 38.
I do get keys lv 42 but I can't finish the rift in time.
Because of the one shot mechanisms.

My advice more damage.
08/06/2015 18:25Posted by Rinox
My highest solo g-rift is lv 38.
I do get keys lv 42 but I can't finish the rift in time.
Because of the one shot mechanisms.

You shouldn't be getting one shotted at level 38 unless your running Glass Cannon and no defensive gems or dmg mitigation of any type at all
It depends on enemy types. But being one shot is pretty common!
Energie shield helps a little but we need a tank for g-rifts.
08/06/2015 20:03Posted by Rinox
It depends on enemy types. But being one shot is pretty common!
Energie shield helps a little but we need a tank for g-rifts.

Well if you use the Force Armor rune on energy armor that should help a lot, or blur potentially also.
I'm also not sure if you're getting actually one shotted or taking too many hits at once. Obviously if 5 winged assasins jump on you at the same time it will feel like you've been one shotted even though you really weren't.
Its damage on damage from multiple enemy's. Teleport and Ancient patfinders is a playstyle for low G-rifts lv 38 solo. After that lv you notice wizards are dps only and not designed for taking damage.
I tried melee rasha 1.2 million health defense gems shielding gear. But it won't come near CM build from the early begin.

Let's combat together next Sunday 14 June. Learn different playstyles

Dps zdps wizards only.
08/06/2015 22:15Posted by Rinox
Its damage on damage from multiple enemy's. Teleport and Ancient patfinders is a playstyle for low G-rifts lv 38 solo. After that lv you notice wizards are dps only and not designed for taking damage.
I tried melee rasha 1.2 million health defense gems shielding gear. But it won't come near CM build from the early begin.

Let's combat together next Sunday 14 June. Learn different playstyles

Dps zdps wizards only.

I assume you mean ancient parthan defenders, which are amazing with teleport and an AW. That's like part of the key synergy for the AW perma stun build which is currently the best set up for clearing high level grifts.

I agree that vanilla CM builds were awesome, but ultimately broken. The mechanic was just too powerful.

I'm sure we can all agree that the less dmg you take the better. Wiz can mitigate a fair amount of dmg though and avoid a lot also. There are quite a few options.
t's also not all about dmg or toughness though. Has to do with a balance between your geat, skill set up, gems, etc. If your gear and build are like full dmg you'll probably need to use more defensive gems. If you have a build with high amounts of control you can probably use less toughness and more dmg...
With the build I've been running I've gotten to 49, can probably complete a good 85-90% of them but I haven't been able to do a 50 yet. Take too much dmg at 50 usually. Tried using more defensive gems but cleared to slow so then I tried 3 offensive gems, Faster clear but if anything breaths on me I'm pretty much dead. So I might be able to clear a good run thats all zombies, skellies, etc but a grift with jumpy guys or lots of ranged etc is terrible.
Tried switching out my F&R for a convention of elements and a unity and I can take so much more dmg but my clear speed went down a bit. Can get to the rift guardian more reliably now but takes to damn long to kill him. So multiple gear/gem setups that allow for different play style but ultimately I'm getting similar results. I've tested a few dif weps too.
Next up, give Delrasha a shot. All the extra control from time warp may be just what I need, even with my extremly mediocre Tal's ammy.

I've never seen a zDPS wizzie before, Not sure we really have enough utility spells and buffs. I'll probably be around for some time on Sat you can add me if you want.
Zdps

Stronghold -30% melee damage.
String of ears -30% melee damage.
St, Archew's gage 150% health shield.
Pauldrons of the skeleton kings. +1 life/death.
Eye of the Etlich -30% ranged damage.
Obsidian ring of the zodiac -1sec cooldown per attack. / Halo of arlyse
Ring of the royal grandeur.
Blacktorne set legs, boots, torso,
Dark mage's shade.
Aether walker.

Skill setup
Teleport calamity
Mirror image duplicates
Wave of force debilitating force
Blizzard frozen solid

Till Sunday 14 june 0700 ~ 1200