Why "bonus" act?

General Discussion
What is the point in having bonus act in bounties? In public games it happens that some idiot finishes non-bonus act and leaves the game and rest of the group is deprived of 4 crafting materials. Can you provide all act with bonus cache so the group can finish bounties in any order? That would be idiot-proof.
Point is to have some teamwork.
18/09/2015 08:37Posted by XandreW

Teamwork rarely works in public games... results are, some poor guy gets kicked because he did not know or understand the Bonus Bounty, everyone else loses one bag.
Maybe he/she does not even speak English, so explaining wont do any good.

Solution: change how Bonus bags work, you will get all 5 Bonus bags when you complete all 5 acts, does not matter what order.
Simple, no-brainer solution that will work. Even monkey could play this game.

PS. Paragon points are bananas :D

Game is getting easier and easier with every patch. Anyone remembers Inferno?
Sure it would be nice to be able to leave the game without leaving the group in public games.
yep.. very nice to get all bonus after all acts... oh wait... I'll probably disconnect first and then have NONE.

and for what? for the 1 in 10-15 public games where 1 player decides to be an a****le?

GET OVER IT. you lost 4 resources... so what???? what's so tragic about that?
18/09/2015 09:12Posted by Shark

Teamwork rarely works in public games... results are, some poor guy gets kicked because he did not know or understand the Bonus Bounty, everyone else loses one bag.

Solution: change how Bonus bags work, you will get all 5 Bonus bags when you complete all 5 acts, does not matter what order.

Maybe it would help too with something that really winds me up: people in pubs that leave after one or two acts have been completed. Too often I find myself one or two people down after the first round of bounties.

I do understand that the current system may have created an issue with 'balancing' the amounts of mats one has of each act and it may require some juggling, just don't do it at the expense of my time you f*****g selfish m***n.

People complain constantly about botting, but after the period of forced interaction with other players brought about by 2.3 it is often more pleasant to play with bots than it is to play with humans.

When joining pubs, if all the players are human, it usually goes like this:

- Join, check that I have spawned in the bonus act (not always the case), check for a 'free' bounty and jump in.
- Vote kick the game creator because is sitting in town in full rare regalia doing little to nothing at all.
- Hope that you get a 4th that can actually do split bounties in the next spin of the wheel while I chicken around doing my first bounty.
- Give a friendly warning to the guy that has jumped straight into doing all act bosses to leave either the A3 or the A4 boss alone because people get confused and speak with Tyrael in the wrong order.
- Finish the bonus act, get the caches, one or two players leave. No chance to get replacements.
- Pray that the one or two guys left will stay more than one act further and will mind the order when talking to Tyrael, because we are each one completing a different act, usually picking and choosing the quickest and easiest bounties first.
- Leave hopefully with a not too screwed up mat count and having spent twice as long as I should.

If the players are bots it goes like this:

- Join, check that I have spawned in the bonus act (not always the case), check for a 'free' bounty and jump in.
- Keep completing bounties and getting caches as appropriate.
- Leave the game after all five acts are done before I even realise that all is done.

Honestly, the more people I meet, the more I appreciate bots.
18/09/2015 08:11Posted by Dadel
What is the point in having bonus act in bounties? In public games it happens that some idiot finishes non-bonus act and leaves the game and rest of the group is deprived of 4 crafting materials. Can you provide all act with bonus cache so the group can finish bounties in any order? That would be idiot-proof.

If you've been playing a while you'll know that the changes the design team make are to get people to play all of the content, not just some specific bits for whatever reasons. In the begining it was act3 farming for example.

Bonus caches are there to try and get you to play all of the acts not just some specific ones.
18/09/2015 10:01Posted by Shmu
yep.. very nice to get all bonus after all acts... oh wait... I'll probably disconnect first and then have NONE.

and for what? for the 1 in 10-15 public games where 1 player decides to be an a****le?

GET OVER IT. you lost 4 resources... so what???? what's so tragic about that?

That may be your experience... mine differs greatly from that...

Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge you for having been lucky with your partnerships in pubs, I am just pointing out that other people's experience may wildly stray from yours.

In my eyes you have been very lucky indeed with this added layer of RNG.
18/09/2015 10:24Posted by Gojira
18/09/2015 08:11Posted by Dadel

If you've been playing a while you'll know that the changes the design team make are to get people to play all of the content, not just some specific bits for whatever reasons. In the begining it was act3 farming for example.

Bonus caches are there to try and get you to play all of the acts not just some specific ones.

That's all good and nice but the order is not needed, why can't we just complete all 5 acts and get one BIG cache or 5 small caches at once.
18/09/2015 10:48Posted by ApoAlaia

Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge you for having been lucky with your partnerships in pubs, I am just pointing out that other people's experience may wildly stray from yours.

well. i am doing some preventive measures:
- I always look @ map and see where everybody is
- when bonus changes, I write A1, A2... A5 and everyboy knows what that means
- when I see someone trying to complete A3 or A4 before we know, I tell them to do the bonus or do not complete.

and 95% of the time they understand and act accordingly.

if you just expect people to play as YOU want, then you have surprises...

just communicate. almoast everybody knows BASIC english...
18/09/2015 11:31Posted by Shmu
18/09/2015 10:48Posted by ApoAlaia

well. i am doing some preventive measures:
- I always look @ map and see where everybody is
- when bonus changes, I write A1, A2... A5 and everyboy knows what that means
- when I see someone trying to complete A3 or A4 before we know, I tell them to do the bonus or do not complete.

and 95% of the time they understand and act accordingly.

if you just expect people to play as YOU want, then you have surprises...

just communicate. almoast everybody knows BASIC english...

I do not expect everyone to 'play as I want', I expect everyone to have a modicum of common sense.

What I want is for people to show the same degree of respect for my time as I do for theirs.

I turn up to do bounties appropriately geared for fast and efficient clearing of the content at hand, and I take my all too necessary breaks between games, not AFK-ing in town during the game.

I don't join a game and leave after the first or second act just because I want you to do the material balancing work for me.

I mind the order in which I speak with Tyrael because I want as little to waste your time as I do want you to waste mine.

I observe some basic courtesy and say 'hello' to the group when I join in and a 'how is everyone's day going' if I get a reply... sometimes you can even hear (read?) an interesting story or two, and a 'thank you for the party' before I leave.

These are just very very basic things that one should expect. I am not asking of others anything I don't ask for from myself.

And communicating is very unlikely to deter the m***ns that are hellbent on using you as their mat farming b***h or the t***s that create endless pubs intending to AFK in town hoping that a cache will drop in their inventory before someone kicks them out.

In either scenario there are no repercussions, none at all, so what is communicating going to achieve? They are going to see the error of their selfish ways, come into the fold and join the ranks of the civilised players their lives given new purpose? or they are just going to ignore you, not even grace you with a 'shut the f***k up loser' and carry on as they were?

Bottom line, if all the bonus caches drop at the end it is unlikely that the leech will have lived that long before the inevitable kick occurs (figuratively speaking, I loathe these people but not that much) and the serial leaver-after-the-first-bonus-act will only reap half the crop.

As far as I can see is a win-win.

PS: Alternatively give double mats if you are playing solo. You can still get twice as many mats/h if you play with a competent group, but this way there will be a real choice between doing things oneself or facing the evil that is public games.

Public games is the real Inferno in this game. And I am ill equipped to face it.
18/09/2015 09:12Posted by Shark

Game is getting easier and easier with every patch. Anyone remembers Inferno?

I actually think the amount of people playing the game that had the pleasure of trying to play in Inferno Act 2 for the first time and still plays is fairly small. The idea of actually needing to play in Hell for a while before going to Inferno Act1, then FINALLY killing butcher, just to have your !@# handed to you by the wasps in that little canyon just after meeting the Enchantress is long gone from this game. They should do a 1.00 mode event sometime.
18/09/2015 11:04Posted by Shark
<span class="truncated">...</span>

That's all good and nice but the order is not needed, why can't we just complete all 5 acts and get one BIG cache or 5 small caches at once.

Because that will take more time for the same reward? I very frequently have 10 mins to spare at home for whatever reason. My choice then is to log in and play whichever act is on bonus. One act is quick, I can't do all 5 with little time. Your suggestion makes no difference but punishes anyone who doesn't have time to do all acts. Diablo 3 has something to offer pick up and play people who have 10 minutes here and there and for people with a few hours to spare. Changing this would be bad game design.

Now people can log in, go oh, act v, ok let's do this. Next time it could be act I. Otherwise we will have people getting themselves in a rut again lile years ago farming the same crap getting bored and not coming back.
Bonus cache should always be awarded saves lot of drama and hasle, then every play can finisch favorite act first also without causing drama.
It would also give no incentive to play different acts. The point of random bounties and random bonus acts was to move us away from the old days of efficiency farming which ultimately became boring for a lot and lost Jay Wilson his place.

Also when everything has a bonus, nothing has a bonus and all you've done is introduce award creep.
Most public groups I play with just split up however we like and then finish the bonus. A4 usually has very fast bounties so I burn through them and switch map.

It isn't necessarily faster but it's more fun, gives a lot more freedom as long as you don't talk to Tyrael unless it's the current bonus act. I think most people should get that by now.

My guess is that bonus act add "immersionz".
simply remove the bonus bags? !@#$ and play plz....what wrong with you people