Firebird Bug Exploit, Leaderboard #1 Wizard

General Discussion
Hello there,

Right, i'm going to jump straight to the point and beg you, yes, i'm begging you, to give us an official statement on the firebird bug.

On the european leaderboard #1 has been claimed using this exploit.

Is it an exploit ? will there be a rollback ? is it allowed to be used and not an expoit ? it's been around for ages and there are half a million threads about it, yet no blue answer or official statement, now, since this is impacting the seasonal leaderboard, can we please have some sort of clarification ?

Thanks in advance,

- Angel
Agreed. This is kinda ruining the season. Having spent 100+ hours gearing up to be beaten by somebody with gear that can be aquired in 5 hours is not exactly motivating...

Make a statement if we are allowed to do this or not please.
As soon as they have a minute from working on D4, they'll get right on it.
Nothing yet.
Unfortunately they're trying to pretend it doesn't exist and are ignoring it I assume, since we all know there is no way they'll be rolling out a fix for this bug with the season so far in atm. I'm sure we'll have to wait till next season. This really killed my motivation to keep playing seasons ah well there are other games out there.
So far I think 5th or 4th season was the one and only season with no game breaking bugs. :D
Why do people even do seasons now? There used to be seasonal rewards for everyone. Now the reward is an unfixed bug
25/05/2016 09:04Posted by Shaolin
Why do people even do seasons now? There used to be seasonal rewards for everyone. Now the reward is an unfixed bug

Non-season is pure crap, that's why, there is nothing to do in non-season.
Really, nothing, except to grind paragon in GR 100+ but that is the most boring thing in this game.

Without seasons, this game would not worth playing at all.
Seasons are what keep this game fresh and alive!
25/05/2016 09:25Posted by Shark
Non-season is pure crap, that's why, there is nothing to do in non-season.
Really, nothing, except to grind paragon in GR 100+ but that is the most boring thing in this game.

Without seasons, this game would not worth playing at all.
Seasons are what keep this game fresh and alive!

Are you being sarcastic? You are doing the exact same thing in season and non-season. Except that you start with nothing at the beginning of each season, play through all the season goals to claim the rewards, climb the ladder of grifts abit and then the season ends. Rinse and repeat.

Without the special season rewards you wouldnt play season at all. You would do all the stuff in non-season.
25/05/2016 10:56Posted by Zasz
Are you being sarcastic? You are doing the exact same thing in season and non-season. Except that you start with nothing at the beginning of each season, play through all the season goals to claim the rewards, climb the ladder of grifts abit and then the season ends. Rinse and repeat.

Without the special season rewards you wouldnt play season at all. You would do all the stuff in non-season.

You cannot do any of this stuff in non-season.

Seasons give everyone fresh start!
Seasons give you a chance to find loot and feel great finding rarest items again.
Seasons give you progression, every GR you will gain paragons.
Seasons allows everyone to compete on the same level.
Seasons give you Seasonal Journey what you can complete as you advance.
Seasons give you 8 free stash tabs to fill with awesome loot.
And lot more.

Non season is like retirement home, everything is old there, nothing new, you already got it all.
I have all stash tabs filled with BiS items, best rolls, ca 75 000 gems, ca 300 000 different mats, thousands of souls and grift keys... etc.

Chance for getting an upgrade would be 1 of million or something similar. Non-season is useless.
25/05/2016 11:27Posted by Shark

Non season is like retirement home, everything is old there, nothing new, you already got it all.
I have all stash tabs filled with BiS items, best rolls, ca 75 000 gems, ca 300 000 different mats, thousands of souls and grift keys... etc.
Chance for getting an upgrade would be 1 of million or something similar. Non-season is useless.

Best comparison so far and more than true.
I was using regular firebird archon build a few days ago and people were saying "yeah exploit that bug Ancient" I was totally oblivious to what they were referring to. Then I started using the Vyr's FB combo, then a friend told me about it, and unless you follow specific sequence of events the "bug" does not work. I find it much more enjoyable struggling to level this ruddy LoN Crusader, or using the Twister Wizard as they have by far much greater odds of survival and do comparable damage. Also one set of every class MUST do equivocal solo damage as any other class. Will be nice to see several group variations on the leader board. The FF build is rubbish with current group as they NEED elites without the bug; this means dashing to next elite prior to barb scouting often resulting in team running to catch up. Please bear in mind the monk has to use "epiphany to teleport and that the Dr does not have Spirit walk as a skill. I suppose if you drop the damage enhancer of locus swarm of insects but used the belt that gives 60% slow could be of benefit then have spirit walk opposed to Locus heck IDK. Right back to the old slog of bounties for reforge then fishing for the dream, rift!
what are these seasonal rewards? I remember when you could get things during seasons, like new sets and gems - now they've removed those rewards so all you get now is a bit of kudos It sounds like seasons are an extension to the retirement home
Could someone explain what the 'bug' is exatly? I have a friend who's playing wizard (i play DH) and he doesn't seem overpowered at all. He might do a lot of damage, but everything above grift 60 seems to one shot him at the moment.

Everyone keeps talking about a bug while right now it seems they're simply using the abilities given to them by items. Sure, they might be overpowered, but where's he bug exactly?

Is everyone talking about an actual bug or is it simply bad balancing of items on blizzard's part?
world first gr100 solo hc done by exploit.

absolutely disgusting.
I'm not sure if there is actually a bug or a fairly obvious unforeseen side effect of various set buffs working together.
They are not changing this for Season 6

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20744924301#1
30/05/2016 06:20Posted by Svingstang
They are not changing this for Season 6

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20744924301#1

Sadly yes.

It's sad that they have no manpower to fix the bug in code now, instead they keep the bug and say it's OK to exploit the bug.

This will mean that bugged Wizard will be miles ahead of any other class.
After fixing the bug next season, they need to buff Wizard to the same level as the bugged Wizard is today.
Same with other classes. More power creep, here we come.
US #1 season also done using exploit.

GG Alkaizer.
30/05/2016 14:14Posted by DarkSol
US #1 season also done using exploit.

GG Alkaizer.

Sadly yes.
He's only paragon 1100+, 222 580 sheet damage but finished GR 103
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/NotDisperse-1548/hero/75655549

Other classes need to work hard, gain a lot of paragon to even reach GR 90 solo, while any average Wizard with bad gear can do GR 100.

I don't understand why Blizzard is allowing this.