Diablo 3 copy paste Wow

General Discussion
Blizzard you don't even know how I hate you for this Diablo 3 copy paste World of Warcraft.There is one single big question.What World of Wacraft is doing in Diablo series.
What exactly is that similar to WoW?
Almost everything from classes to graphics.Even max lvl was the same 60.
23/10/2016 17:58Posted by TheJoker

The classes have way more Diablo 2 heritage than anything from WoW, and the max level is just a detail. The cartoonish graphics are more WoWish than Diablo though. Overall, you'll have to do much better than that to claim Diablo 3 is a "copy paste WoW".
23/10/2016 18:59Posted by apl

The classes have way more Diablo 2 heritage than anything from WoW, and the max level is just a detail. The cartoonish graphics are more WoWish than Diablo though. Overall, you'll have to do much better than that to claim Diablo 3 is a "copy paste WoW".

The graphics are what they are in order to allow for the best range of graphics hardware compatibility.

If the engine requires some very select hardware to allow for photo-realistic graphics, then only a handful of people would be able to play.

Not all of us can afford top-of-the-range graphics hardware. Or even top-of-the-range computers, so we make do with what we have.

And we are grateful that Blizzard had the foresight to cater for our needs also, and not only for the elite few.
24/10/2016 06:25Posted by Prometheus

The graphics are what they are in order to allow for the best range of graphics hardware compatibility.

If the engine requires some very select hardware to allow for photo-realistic graphics, then only a handful of people would be able to play.

Not all of us can afford top-of-the-range graphics hardware. Or even top-of-the-range computers, so we make do with what we have.

And we are grateful that Blizzard had the foresight to cater for our needs also, and not only for the elite few.

It's true that cartoonish graphics have lower hardware requirements, but they also remind of WoW. However, realistic graphics are very much possible without limiting the player base to "a handful". With proper adjustments the game can be made to run just fine, although the graphics would admittedly look bad, but so do the current cartoonish ones if you lower the resolution and disable AA.

But be that as it may, it's the only thing TheJoker has mentioned so far that really does resemble WoW.
I'm always uncertain when people are right;
though I am always sure when I am wrong.
They only copy/inspired by the bad bits of WoW.

The good features etc they dont bother with.
29/10/2016 14:35Posted by Khazul
They only copy/inspired by the bad bits of WoW.

Which ones?
The latest WoW expansion is the other way around. "World quests" are pretty much the same as bounties in D3. Mythic dungeons with "keystones"... Sound familiar?

.. Not that they are in any way fun to do, but at least the WoW players get out in the world instead of sitting in SW/Org/Garrison all day.

Actually leveling is similar to WoW.. Level to max level rather easy .. then the end game begins.

Where in Diablo 2 the end game could start at level 70 and continue all the way to 99 .. but you don't really need to go to max level at all. And going up to max level is very time consuming.
02/11/2016 08:18Posted by akse

Actually leveling is similar to WoW.. Level to max level rather easy .. then the end game begins.

Where in Diablo 2 the end game could start at level 70 and continue all the way to 99 .. but you don't really need to go to max level at all. And going up to max level is very time consuming.

Ok, I suppose this is a WoWish feature. The 70-99 is nowadays sort of replaced by paragon leveling, but it's not entirely the same due to lack of skill points.

I think the original reason for the new level structure was the overall design choice to move all the power from the character itself to the gear. Blizzard has offered reasons for this, but I believe the fundamental reason was to make use completely dependent on the (RM)AH.
If anything WoW copy Diablo... i mean... frozen orb in vault of archavon, blessed hammers for paladin in wow, warrior heroic leap now look exactly like barbarian in d3, monk class and abillities are almost like a copy of d3 monk in many ways (ofcourse not in all ways) and even some items made its way into wow from diablo...
23/10/2016 12:56Posted by deepstrasz

I myself don't play WoW, but I know a few people who do play WoW and (used to play) D3 a lot. They told me how incredibly similar those games are when it comes to loot. For example, the "one set to rule them all" thing came straight from WoW (which is an MMO and hence I guess it's fine there, most MMOs are like that). It has no place in Diablo series IMO which should be about build variety, aka "fun to try out new things". What new things do you try out now? A new dropped pet perhaps. Great fun, sigh.
Another thing he mentioned was player damage scaling (90344859032785893764893275487374872648731265487216482137461298472348976318673252831767549872634873465 dmg crit, NICE! not), also monster hp/damage/etc scaling.
04/11/2016 16:13Posted by RUVINN
23/10/2016 12:56Posted by deepstrasz

I myself don't play WoW, but I know a few people who do play WoW and (used to play) D3 a lot. They told me how incredibly similar those games are when it comes to loot. For example, the "one set to rule them all" thing came straight from WoW (which is an MMO and hence I guess it's fine there, most MMOs are like that). It has no place in Diablo series IMO which should be about build variety, aka "fun to try out new things". What new things do you try out now? A new dropped pet perhaps. Great fun, sigh.
Another thing he mentioned was player damage scaling (90344859032785893764893275487374872648731265487216482137461298472348976318673252831767549872634873465 dmg crit, NICE! not), also monster hp/damage/etc scaling.

I disagree. The set reliance of Diablo is a somewhat WoWesque feature (and a bad one at that), but Diablo has "total random" loot tables compared to WoW's boss specific ones. If anything, WoW has taken a step towards Diabloesque randomness in loot with warforged and random sockets (I don't know if those still exist in Legion).

And the damage scaling in WoW, while it took a huge step in MoP, is nothing compared to Diablo. The damage at max level in WoW scales what, 3-4 times from the first reasonable blue gear to the last raid set, whereas in Diablo it scales like a million times, and that's not a hyperbole. There's no set in WoW that doubles your damage compared to similar ilevel epics that I can think of, whereas in Diablo, a set will... well, you know.
The open action skill system....