Greater Rift vs Normal Rift

General Discussion
Hello guys. I just want to ask which one of the rifts is good for farming. I have a monk atm and missing some legendary parts but I can do GRifts 35-37. Where should I farm the rest of the legendaries? Until now I thought doing NRifts for DBs and upgrading rare items into legendaries will do but... I want to hear your opinions. Thanks!
I think you should to normal rifts at the moment.
Generally, when you can solo the 60's / 70's you want to do GRs if you're looking for items, as you're guaranteed some legendaries, whereas I've seen normal rifts granting even 1 or 2.
At the moment, it's better to do normals because you also get mats :)

Can boost you a bit if you want to, pretty bored, if you're season and non-hc
19/02/2017 11:50Posted by Qiu
I think you should to normal rifts at the moment.
Generally, when you can solo the 60's / 70's you want to do GRs if you're looking for items, as you're guaranteed some legendaries, whereas I've seen normal rifts granting even 1 or 2.
At the moment, it's better to do normals because you also get mats :)

Can boost you a bit if you want to, pretty bored, if you're season and non-hc

Sure thing! I would like to, if you want.
I'd also do Greater Rifts as you will get the Legendry Gems (which you are using two already) but you will also be able to level them up and maybe even be able to use another one in you gear.

The other advantage of Greater Rifts is that as there are no drops (apart from progress globes) they tend to complete faster than normal rifts.
ALWAYS try to get your GR done in under 7/6 minutes. Optimally it's 2-5.

Seeing how you're only able to do 30's, I don't think it's best to do GR for a number of reasons:

- crafting materials
- death breaths

I would do some normal rifts and some bounties when you're bored of rifting instead. you can then use the materials from bounties to upgrade or reforge or reroll set items and get the rest of the stuff you need easy.

As the other dude already said - once you can solo 60 (Torment 13) it's best to do that until you want to kill yourself
I am still sort of "new" playing Diablo 3 and have a few questions.

1. Is it better to finish the whole Rift and loot all the bosses and whole zone in hopes that you get a legendary item/more Deaths breaths to trade upgrade your "Rares to Legendary" using the "Cube"?

2. I have been playing on Torment 1 is it better to play Hard mode instead are the drops better in Torment 1 than in Hard mode as well?

3. My understanding is that Greater Rifts are just for gem upgrades is there anything else I need to know? I noticed once I have finished in a GR the rest of the zone is dead. Usually Torment one takes me half the timer to complete around 7-8 minutes is that a good thing or should I bump it up to Torment 2?

Any constructive thoughts and ideas are greatly appreciated thank you for your help.
18/11/2018 01:19Posted by Cryostasis75
I am still sort of "new" playing Diablo 3 and have a few questions.

1. Is it better to finish the whole Rift and loot all the bosses and whole zone in hopes that you get a legendary item/more Deaths breaths to trade upgrade your "Rares to Legendary" using the "Cube"?

2. I have been playing on Torment 1 is it better to play Hard mode instead are the drops better in Torment 1 than in Hard mode as well?

3. My understanding is that Greater Rifts are just for gem upgrades is there anything else I need to know? I noticed once I have finished in a GR the rest of the zone is dead. Usually Torment one takes me half the timer to complete around 7-8 minutes is that a good thing or should I bump it up to Torment 2?

Any constructive thoughts and ideas are greatly appreciated thank you for your help.

1. No. With normal rifts, you want to grab loot/DBs and then key. Quit and restart. It's more efficient. The primary reason for doing rifts is simply to get GR keys. Nothing more and nothing less.

2. No. Stick to torment 1. Easier difficulty levels will NOT drop all available legendary items (torment 1 and above will have a chance of dropping *all* legendary items in the game).

3. For GRs, stick to torment (or whatever difficulty you can reliably do in 5-7 mins). Ideally, you want to be sticking to GR difficulty levels that allow you to complete the GR in 5-7 minutes. This is because XP from GRs doesn't scale very well with difficulty. A 95 GR is twice is as hard as a 90 GR, but you don't get twice the experience...A 95 may take you 10 mins to do, but a 90, may take 6 mins . You can do nearly 2x 90 GR in the same time as it takes to do a single 95 GR and get more XP. More XP = more paragon points. And, remember, each paragon point gives you 5 main stat points . That means more DPS.

GRs give more loot per time effort too, especially as you get higher up the GR ladder.
I wanted to help you, but i see you play us. Better ask for help there
Pick a difficulty that you can finish a rift in approx. 5 minutes.

If you just need gear, normal rift - because you will get materials to convert set items, or upgrade rares.

If you just need upgrade to existing gear, greater rift - no explanation needed.
The torment level has nothing to do with the difficulty or the rewards of the greater rift. (As Cryostasis seems to think).
18/11/2018 14:19Posted by Jazz
The torment level has nothing to do with the difficulty or the rewards of the greater rift. (As Cryostasis seems to think).

You're correct, not sure why you're being down voted. Have an up-vote from me.
+1