Official stance on the Wizard "exploit" ?

General Discussion
https://youtu.be/h9dBzWp7gq4

RG spawns, wiz stacks stricken, teleports to town, probably goes to cow level, comes back with 500 stacks and then one shots the RG.

What's the offical stance on this ? Will it be hotfixed ? Is it bannable ?
Delete archon
create D4..move on
I didnt know and i would not port to town anyway but def. Dont delete archon
Going to build additional archon stacks outside grift is in my mind definitely an exploit.

Not sure if it can be simply hotfixed or whether it needs a proper patch but it would definitely help if buffs like archon stacks would autoreset to zero when exiting and reentering a grift.
I don't see this as an exploit. If only Soul Harvest stacks lasted a bit longer, I'd do the same thing with my Witch Doctor. You cannot blame the player for doing what he/she needs to do in order to succeed! Blizzard created situations where certain builds completely fail. They can't ban players for trying to make it work within the rules of the game! It's their fault, not the players.

The Manald/Archon build is completely overpowered, but that's a separate matter.
yeah... not an exploit... thats a work-around
09/05/2017 11:13Posted by Hoodling
I don't see this as an exploit.

Of course it's an exploit, as the wizard is building damage multiplier stacks outside of the rift so that he can come back in and use them inside the rift. The video clearly shows that the group would have zero chance of killing the guardian without the wizard having done this. Whilst it's Blizzard's fault that this damage building method is possible, it doesn't alter the fact that the players taking advantage of it are using it to complete GRs they otherwise would have no chance of success in, i.e. they're cheating.

09/05/2017 11:13Posted by Hoodling
You cannot blame the player for doing what he/she needs to do in order to succeed!

You can, if what they do to 'succeed' is to cheat.
Of course it's an exploit, as the wizard is building damage multiplier stacks outside of the rift so that he can come back in and use them inside the rift.

A rift isn't a separate game, it's only a venue inside the game, as are all parts of the game. Your perception that different parts of the game are somehow exclusive from the rest is flawed logic.

A similar situation:
I take down the last pack needed to spawn the rift guardian with my Witch Doctor and manage to get a full 10 stacks of Soul Harvest in the process. I spent 10 seconds killing this pack of mobs, it takes another 5+ seconds before I can attack the guardian, at which point I'm down to ~15 seconds on my stacks. After that, my defense is cut it half and my damage is much lower, extending the fight upwards to 60 seconds or more, during which time I am reliant on dumb luck as much as anything else to survive. If I need to go somewhere else to get my stacks back because Blizzard's developers are too short-sighted to see how the short duration of the stacks could become a problem in higher GRs, then it's a matter of necessity. I would only be using what is available to me within the boundaries of the game (singular) and it's rules.

If I ran out of healing pots fighting Diablo in D2 and had to TP back to town to restock, would you call me a cheater?
On a side note, why is this forum having brain-farts? The quote is there, but not the name of the individual quoted, and no matter how much I try to edit the post, it keeps ignoring the changes I make to fix it.
Eh,exploit probably no but its quite lame/Cheesing,personally I would never consider such a run as a proper clear in any game.
Good for them I guess if they don't care:P
09/05/2017 13:46Posted by MrGatto
Eh,exploit probably no but its quite lame/Cheesing,personally I would never consider such a run as a proper clear in any game.

That, I can sort of get behind. Taking a side road to go fishing for stacks can be seen as "getting off the tracks," so to say. On the other hand, it can be looked upon as a pit stop to refuel the race car.

I'm particularly passionate about this subject, because it has caused me so much grief on my Witch Doctor. With a clear record of 11.56 seconds, I'm capable of doing GR 80, but I fail on occasion because my build fails me. If the guardian spawns no adds, I'll have no stacks and get one-shot by anything. If the guardian do spawn adds, I'll have my stacks, but no way to make pets focus on the guardian. At least that's one problem the Wizard doesn't have. These poorly conceived builds require situational circumstances which are not always reflected in the content.

Besides, if Blizzard saw teleporting out of the rift as cheating, they wouldn't allow it in the first place, just like they don't allow swapping skills and gear mid-run.
Thats understandable in a way I guess,I'm just too much of a 'fair play' person.

Its not cheating technically cause its still within the game's system,some ppl in the old days used to call this 'clever use of game mechanics'.
I even dislike the numpad thing+auto click thats possible in the game so I click everything myself as it was meant to be.
I just think that such stuff is just cheap and lame,even argued about it with friends in the past:P

At the end of the day its up to Blizzard,maybe they allow it for now cause they didn't expect ppl to do stuff like this and at some point they will 'fix' it,wouldn't be the first time.
09/05/2017 23:23Posted by MrGatto
I even dislike the numpad thing+auto click thats possible in the game so I click everything myself as it was meant to be.

I've heard something about people using macros, which doesn't make any sense to me for a game like this, but I haven't heard of this numpad thing before.

If we're talking about a game like WoW, where there's an actual in-game utility for creating macros/scripts, I'm all for it... but not if you need to use third party software. That fall into the "unintended" area for me. I used to play a lot of Street Fighter IV on PC, and I swear, I'd constantly run into these types of cheaters. The most insane combos, perfectly executed, every single time. This is the scourge of the PC platform - all the third party "hacks."

As for the issue at hand, I hope Blizzard sees fit to fix these build problems. Banning players over something like this would be the equivalent of farting, and then kicking the cat because you don't like the stink.
06/05/2017 13:45Posted by DatFlow
https://youtu.be/h9dBzWp7gq4

RG spawns, wiz stacks stricken, teleports to town, probably goes to cow level, comes back with 500 stacks and then one shots the RG.

What's the offical stance on this ? Will it be hotfixed ? Is it bannable ?

I feel (my opinion) that it is legit. Simply as it takes time to leave the rift, go farm the stacks come back and finish.

The only issue I see with this is the build (PS4 930/687 paragon s10) there are much better builds that will take you further into GR's.

I challenge any player, build this build. Then see how far you can get with it.

A build that is much more of an exploit is the Firebird/Archon build where you lower your sheet dps, allowing you to skip the cap. Again this build also falters ih high GR's.

The Firebird build I have been using (does GR65 have not gone higher with it yet) is fun with groups and doing bountys but I would never push with it in its current state. Allows you to hold down both ex-blast and blades to walk through, dropping apocalypse everywhere. (Its a ramp up build)

Compaired to my DMO where I can push GR's 80+

All this without augments, as I am not ready to start augmenting the gear O have at this point.

With only a handful of primals, but only one that works in my DMO build, its worth it to me, to wait for better ancients to augment.

For all you solo 90+ GR's tgis info is pretty much moot.

For anyone sub GR's 50, your almost there, sometimes it just takes a different approach. My Vyr Archon pre-season can only do GR60 ish...

For the longest time I felt hybrid builds were to challenging, try one they are very wizardly, and fun. Each thing tried gives you that much more experience.

Sometimes you just have to skip mobs.

Anyhoo I digress.

Cheers
Simple fix is removing buffs when entering/re-entering rift. Would stop this "exploit" right away. Kinda surprised it does not already do this as some things clearly have to be re-cast upon entering a rift/Grift.

Also, I honestly wouldn't call it an exploit, it's not like they're doing anything that's really worse than stacking tornados on a corner or all the other !@#$ the meta has been lately.
Archont Archont Archont Archont Archont Archont Archont Archont all time Archont every season Archooooont. This stupid Archooont all time make problems and is regulary bugged per season.

Jezus christ maybe lets create set where i can look on my cute lady wizard than all time spamming stupid archont and stacking stupid stacks? Please. Wizard have so many awesome unusuable abilities like lay of frost or even desintegrate. Why we are all time forced to play archont meta if we wanna have fast and effective farm?
07/06/2017 02:07Posted by Trajaaa
Archont Archont Archont Archont Archont Archont Archont Archont all time Archont every season Archooooont. This stupid Archooont all time make problems and is regulary bugged per season.

Jezus christ maybe lets create set where i can look on my cute lady wizard than all time spamming stupid archont and stacking stupid stacks? Please. Wizard have so many awesome unusuable abilities like lay of frost or even desintegrate. Why we are all time forced to play archont meta if we wanna have fast and effective farm?

It's called Archon...
07/06/2017 11:19Posted by Kallizk
It's called Archon...

Please realise that not everyone that plays Diablo III has English as their native tongue or plays the game in English.

It's called Archont in German, Polish, Belarusian, and so on.
07/06/2017 11:40Posted by Meteorblade
07/06/2017 11:19Posted by Kallizk
It's called Archon...

Please realise that not everyone that plays Diablo III has English as their native tongue or plays the game in English.

It's called Archont in German, Polish, Belarusian, and so on.

He's writing in english, on an english speaking forum... it's Archon.