Update On Era 8 Leaderboards

General Discussion
Hey everyone,

During the beta for Patch 2.6.0, we anticipated that various bugs would surface. Thanks to efforts from our players and our own QA team, supported by a long beta cycle, we were able to catch the vast majority of these.

Even so, we anticipated that some bugs would make it into the live game, so we prepared a few safety nets:
  • End the previous Era before the patch went live to preserve everyone’s hard work in that Era’s leaderboards
  • Delay the start of Season 11 to provide ample time to fix issues that pop up post-patch launch

With recent reports from players, we have since verified and prepared hotfixes for the remaining issues which would impact the upcoming Season 11 leaderboards. Unfortunately, some of these have affected the new Era leaderboards which began last Tuesday. As such, we will be wiping these leaderboards to provide a clean slate for everyone that is hopefully bug-free.

Additionally, we have been looking at underperforming items including Set items, and will adjust these accordingly. This includes a change to the Bones of Rathma six-piece set bonus based on player feedback. With this, players will only need to have four Skeletal Mages active to receive the full 2500% damage bonus. You can still summon up to ten mages at a time.

We care about the integrity of the Leaderboards and we will continue to make changes as needed to ensure that the upcoming Season provides a fun and memorable experience everyone. Thanks for your understanding, and we’ll see you in S11.
We’ve unfortunately encountered some technical issues with the hotfix that will require us to delay the hotfix until Monday. Apologies for the delay on this – the team is hard at work on the fix.

We’ve been discussing all the feedback and are looking into various options to take further action after the hotfixes are live. In the meantime, we encourage you to avoid this exploit.

Additionally, by way of apology, we are looking into providing a Double XP buff at some point after the fix goes out. Although we generally don’t provide such buffs (in order to discourage people from only playing when a buff is active), we feel like the unusual circumstances in this case warrant an exception.

Thanks so much to the community for your heartfelt feedback on this issue. We’ll continue to keep an eye on the discussions here and elsewhere as we continue the era and approach Season 11, and we’ll provide an update as soon as possible this week.
Could you set a date, and tell us when it will be ready in the eu region please?
10/07/2017 14:01Posted by ZeeLoyd
Could you set a date, and tell us when it will be ready in the eu region please?

We have no specific date - as per Kauza's post from last week - we intend to have it out asap.
What about the gems ppl got to insane high lvls?
10/07/2017 15:36Posted by BlossomDead
Are you all getting error 400 on 4 man LB?
https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/rankings/challenge/current/rift-team-4

Yes been like that for a few days.

10/07/2017 14:06Posted by Wuluxar
10/07/2017 14:01Posted by ZeeLoyd

We have no specific date - as per [url="https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20757496472?page=11#post-212"]Kauza's post from last week[/url] - we intend to have it out asap.

Why is this information just NOW coming to EU the same date that the hotfix is supposed to go live? It's been on the US boards since friday?

Seems to me that the blue posts are just a straight copy paste from the US boards.
10/07/2017 16:53Posted by Mimmi

Why is this information just NOW coming to EU the same date that the hotfix is supposed to go live? It's been on the US boards since friday?

Seems to me that the blue posts are just a straight copy paste from the US boards.

I also said that earlier, but they deleted my post.
10/07/2017 16:57Posted by BlossomDead
10/07/2017 16:53Posted by Mimmi

I also said that earlier, but they deleted my post.

There are alot of things wrong with the EU forums in general. This thread on US has been open to replies and have accumulated over 500 replies on US while on EU it has been closed ever since it got here.
This applies for WoW aswell whenever they run into problem that affects both regions.

EU is often left over since blizz only really seem to show interest in the US forums.
Im sure if the community manager is having a sissy fit this comment will be removed and I will get a 24 hour community ban
You guys still talk here? THEY DONT CARE, comprende?
10/07/2017 21:20Posted by Lifeangel
You guys still talk here? THEY DONT CARE, comprende?

Compared to the US forums this is literally a library.
10/07/2017 15:36Posted by BlossomDead
Are you all getting error 400 on 4 man LB?
https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/rankings/challenge/current/rift-team-4

Yes been like that for a few days.

Cannot confirm that, but it seems there was something happen to the LBs. A few hours ago the EU Ranking showed up with GR145 at 1st place, now it's 117 ... :D
Dubble xp starts friday 5 pm PT - Yay for us in EU! -.- Or does it realise another time for us? I mean that's middle in the night.
What happened?
My gems were not levelled to 132?

:-P
gj deleting gems only 130+ and ppl with 500 paragon keep 120lvl gems!! and 400 more paragon from ur exploit!!gz play alone ur own noob game !!
Hey all,

I know you've been eagerly awaiting an update, so a few things to share with you:

First, we extended the post cap on this thread. Let's try to keep discussion and feedback on this topic here as best we can to keep our General forums more organized.

Secondly, the hotfix has now been deployed. This should be applicable to all regions at this time. Thank you so much for your patience!

Lastly, we will be rolling back Legendary Gem levels to the maximum gem level that would have been legitimately achievable prior to the patch going live. As with all previous exploits, any additional actions we may take will not be discussed outside of our staff and offending individuals.

We will be holding a double XP weekend starting Friday, July 14 at 3 p.m. UTC and ending Monday, July 17 at 8 a.m. UTC as an apology for the delays and our gratitude for your patience as we address this issue. Thank you to all who issued reports and helped us uphold the spirit of Play Nice, Play Fair!
11/07/2017 14:00Posted by Virnethael
As with all previous exploits, any additional actions we may take will not be discussed outside of our staff and offending individuals.

Thank you, we are very much looking forward to this
Double XP is meaningless to me - I want my GR progress back!
Cancelled my subs to WOW - Blizz aren't getting another penny out of me until this matter is satisfactorily resolved - I would urge other vote with the wallets in respect of Blizzard's cash cow - maybe pressure from another team internally will affect the devs on this team and they will back down from an arbitrary decision that impacts the entire player base which is nothing more then a knee jerk over reaction to problem that should have been sorted prior to migrating the release to live servers.