S12 Unhallowed Essence advice for pushing past plateau

Demon Hunter
Hi all

This is my first real season, and this is my current profile:

https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrBaby-2275/hero/93118020

I wondered if anyone could give me some advice on what I should do to continue progressing at this stage? I have about 1.2 million sheet DPS, which feels low to me. I've reached solo GR 75, but am struggling to go further. I wonder what you think I might be able to do to continue progressing? I would like to push up to GR 100 this season, but seem to have hit a wall.

My current game plan is to try to make my gear ancient. I'm working on getting an ancient Yang's and Quiver, but RNG has not been on my side so far and, despite lots of attempts to reforge my Yang's, I haven't gotten an ancient yet. Similarly, countless Kadala quivers haven't yet led to an ancient Dead Man's Legacy.

Cheers for any help you can give

NB I have an ancient Hellfire Amulet, which is currently unequipped, with the Ballistics rune - I forgot to reset to include Ballistics as a rune
Get Some more para augments And 1.2 Mill dmg is not much. You have 40% perc fire dmg ( amulet And bracers)?
UA was never used for pushing, it's a speed build.
Get one better torso.....the one you wearing it is realy bad.....I doubt that you didn't find one with +maximum discipline...and this is a huge lost for youre dps.
Also you should try BOP in stead of BOS.
For pushing GR there are many version of this build...even with the traveler pledge with compase rose and COE or elusive ring in cube.
If you didn't die very often you should try to cube cindercoat.
Hope it helps
You lack +12 discipline in chest, reforge.
+15% multishot in quiver.
cc/cd/+fire in amu.
05/02/2018 12:16Posted by Pavel
UA was never used for pushing, it's a speed build.

you have seen/read the changes to the 2.6.1 patch for UE MS, right? There is very little difference between UE MS and impale s6 at the top of the leaderboards now.
24/12/2017 14:22Posted by MrBaby
Hi all

This is my first real season, and this is my current profile:

https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrBaby-2275/hero/93118020

I wondered if anyone could give me some advice on what I should do to continue progressing at this stage? I have about 1.2 million sheet DPS, which feels low to me. I've reached solo GR 75, but am struggling to go further. I wonder what you think I might be able to do to continue progressing? I would like to push up to GR 100 this season, but seem to have hit a wall.

My current game plan is to try to make my gear ancient. I'm working on getting an ancient Yang's and Quiver, but RNG has not been on my side so far and, despite lots of attempts to reforge my Yang's, I haven't gotten an ancient yet. Similarly, countless Kadala quivers haven't yet led to an ancient Dead Man's Legacy.

Cheers for any help you can give

NB I have an ancient Hellfire Amulet, which is currently unequipped, with the Ballistics rune - I forgot to reset to include Ballistics as a rune

An overview of the issues with your character.

1. helm - spend the gold to get 15% ms dmg...gold is cheap in this game.

2. chest - you want dex/vit/AR + 12 disc as a secondary. You lack AR (toughness) on your current chest piece, and that missing 12 disc will really hurt you badly in terms of DPS.

3. your hellfire ammy ain't too bad, but you really want:

elemental
chc
chd

uber bosses/key wardens are easy to find and kill. Go forth and do a few hundred runs until you get a better hellfire ammy!

4. wraps of clarity - good enough as is. try and get 20% fire dmg though.

5. witching hour - re-roll evasive fire dmg to AC for additional toughness.

6. pants - you want dex/vit/AR (or AC if you can't get AR). LPS does nothing in this game.

7. boots are good, but spend the gold to get 15% ms.

8. shoulders are perfect - congrats on the primal!

9. gloves - you can go dex/vit/chc/chd if you want some more toughness, but I personally go with dex/IAS/chc/chd for extra damage. Get that chd to 50%!

10. dml quiver - you want dex/IAS/chc/CDR + 15% ms dmg and 12 disc.

11. yangs - you want an ancient for a very decent boost in dmg. dex/bonus damage/IAS and preferably, decent RCR. 12 disc is mandatory. bonus ms damage as high as possible (your 191% is nice!).

12. your focus is fine.

13. your restraint is OK, but dex/chc/chd would be better. Still, it's not that bad a ring imho.

your paragon is VERY low. It should be very easy to farm 70s in under 5 minutes with your current build imho, and paragon levels will flow very quickly.

note: make sure not to overuse vault, cos your damage will suffer. Look to use vault selectively to move around to avoid dmg and position yourself for taking down mobs, etc. Look to stutter step effectively.

Alternatives to your build are to run with traveller's pledge ammy and compass rose ring + elusive ring. There's a bit more toughness, but you do lose a tiny bit of maximum damage vs the hellfire/focus/restraint variant.

your lgems are fine as is although I prefer powerful to stricken for low level grifts to be honest - stricken will do nothing for you! If you lack toughness, esoteric alteration is a good alternative to stricken/powerful.

I can push a 75 grift with no lgems - so it can be done.