Need help to push higher GRifts

Demon Hunter
I've come back to diablo after abit of a break and really enjoying the game.

I am however struggling abit with my demon hunter. I've managed to hit a tier 80 greater rift so far and not really able to push higher, I feel that I lack toughness as also now damage.

I was hoping someone with abit more experience could perhaps tell me where I'm going wrong with perhaps my gear. I'm starting to farm up my legendary gems to augment some of my gear as that wasn't around when I used to play but don't want to waste them on perhaps subpar gear.

A link to my demon hunters profile is here. https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Roblar-2147/hero/33014916
hello,
First of all, good job at reading the set and paying attention to the fact that you need discipline as secondary on your items. Quite a few DH tend to forget about it..

Before talking about rolls, keep in mind that an ancient is not necessarily better than a non ancient. There are quite a few items you have that could improve your character even if they were not ancient with better rolls.

Here are a few tips.
-Remove Pain Enhancer gem for Trapped gem, you'll win immediately 30 to 50+% damage depending on the lvl of your gem.
- you have old bracers ( 30% damage reduction), drop new ones even not ancient. The roll now is 40 to 50% damage reduction. You will gain a lot of toughness.
- get normal/ancient armor with dext/vita/hatred reduce/discipline ( you lose 1 stat on yours.. too much toughness loss)
- reroll ARMOR on your pants. that % skill is totally useless.
- try to get helm dext/cc/% skill. In the meantime i would prefer 6cc over % skill. especially that you lack CC on quite a few items ( rings..)
- quiver : same thing, a non ancient could be better. Focus cc/as/%skill/discipline.
- rings : try to get DCC/CC on both rings, even if non ancient, the DPS gain would be very relevant.
- i havent played EU DH in a very long time but you need if i remember well something like 2 items with 8% cdr to keep up Vengeance up 24/7.

Just by changing a few rolls/items you will be able to do gr's over 90. If I may also, dont go wasting lvl35 augments, get at least 70-80's.. it's really quick and easy to do now.
30/05/2018 20:55Posted by Lag
hello,
First of all, good job at reading the set and paying attention to the fact that you need discipline as secondary on your items. Quite a few DH tend to forget about it..

Before talking about rolls, keep in mind that an ancient is not necessarily better than a non ancient. There are quite a few items you have that could improve your character even if they were not ancient with better rolls.

Here are a few tips.
-Remove Pain Enhancer gem for Trapped gem, you'll win immediately 30 to 50+% damage depending on the lvl of your gem.
- you have old bracers ( 30% damage reduction), drop new ones even not ancient. The roll now is 40 to 50% damage reduction. You will gain a lot of toughness.
- get normal/ancient armor with dext/vita/hatred reduce/discipline ( you lose 2 stats on yours.. too much toughness loss)
- reroll ARMOR on your pants. that % skill is totally useless.
- try to get helm dext/cc/% skill. In the meantime i would prefer 6cc over % skill. especially that you lack CC on quite a few items ( rings..)
- quiver : same thing, a non ancient could be better. Focus cc/as/%skill/discipline.
- rings : try to get DCC/CC on both rings, even if non ancient, the DPS gain would be very relevant.
- i havent played EU DH in a very long time but you need if i remember well something like 2 items with 8% cdr to keep up Vengeance up 24/7.

Just by changing a few rolls/items you will be able to do gr's over 90. If I may also, dont go wasting lvl35 augments, get at least 70-80's.. it's really quick and easy to do now.

Thank you for an extremely helpful post. I am trying to currently level up my bane of the trapped as I recently switched to the slow build, it used to be fire, that alone boosted my gr by like 10 haha

I will follow your advice, am I wrong in thinking that perhaps my yangs is an old legendary as well?
ho yes, I did forget to mention that. The new bow can have up to 200% multishot damage ( like on the quiver).
So a decent non ancient will be better then your old.
See the good thing, the augment in it is really low, you wont be missing much :)

have fun ^^