Make Diablo II Reborn, please!

General Discussion
StarCraft Remastered, WarCraft III Reforged...
What about Diablo II Reborn?
They have multiple Diablo teams woking on multiple Diablo project
with plugy on board and i will buy 10 copies myself
...and please include Diablo 1 as well!
21/11/2018 06:45Posted by Soulforged
They have multiple Diablo teams woking on multiple Diablo project

Does "multiple" equal to "strictly more than two"? Is Netflix series in count?
By the way I see average online in Diablo 2 about 7.5k players every day. And I have no problem to find a public game at any level! It's really incredible and amazing! Where I can find current online number for Diablo 3? Is it possible?
21/11/2018 03:31Posted by ZelaS

I think it will never Ever happened. If Blizzard do that, Diablo III will completely die out. No sense in that, entire new game DII remastered and presented as a new game might do the trick.

Anyway that's my thoughts on topic. = )
Btw. just a little piece of information.

A certain ARPG game series in which former D2 devs were involved and where the name starts and ends with the letter T is on sale right now on a certain platform.

The first game currently costs 2,99 and part two costs 3,79. If anyone is interested....

I thought the next release was going to be...
Warcraft III: The Frozen Phone
21/11/2018 21:41Posted by Hombold
Btw. just a little piece of information.

A certain ARPG game series in which former D2 devs were involved and where the name starts and ends with the letter T is on sale right now on a certain platform.

The first game currently costs 2,99 and part two costs 3,79. If anyone is interested....

There is no grimdark and satanic atmosphere in TT. However I can say the same about D3. D2 is much more gritty and has horrifying ost and visuals. And much more serious looking evil instead of goofy bad guys which always tell their plans to good guys and doing 'Muahahaha, I'm the evil genious. You have no chance to ruin my plans, so I'll say all of them to you, insect'. And generic kiddie movie style fiasco of bad guys after that. Does it really deserve 18+ rating? No offense D3 is a decent game and have it's own fan base.

21/11/2018 19:21Posted by Dolk

I think it will never Ever happened. If Blizzard do that, Diablo III will completely die out. No sense in that, entire new game DII remastered and presented as a new game might do the trick.

Anyway that's my thoughts on topic. = )
But why D2 remastered would kill D3? I want to notice that D2 after 18 years still have 7.5+ k online (I saw 9k peak a day ago) The game has no content patches and still alive! Why? Maybe because it's an exceptionally good legendary game? And why D3 would die? That' the point I consider to think about. And, yeah, you can check D2 online numbers at any time you are into D2's Bnet. It's open information. Not a conspiracy or my fantasy.

Really good question!
In my opinion it would be great!! ;)

D2 Lod was an incredible experience for me. So many good memories of PvP!
23/11/2018 23:18Posted by Kelvar

Really good question!
In my opinion it would be great!! ;)

D2 Lod was an incredible experience for me. So many good memories of PvP!

true dat.

but both D1 and D2 were good, d3 being a cartoony clone like wow has become. although the story wasn't bad ( as short as it is compared to the grind of the grifts).
D1 is always the King! :p
ZERO interest in Diablo PVP, it's one of the features that corrupts other parts of the game to make it a RAID engine and not an adventure game. By the end of playing D3 I didn't even know what was going on every time I logged in. Because it was so randomized and targeted at the idea of 'just pumping on to farm' that there was no story and no game left. It was just enter a random location that looks randomly different from the last time you were there and collect random loot. There was no continuity and no permanency.
well, arpg scene getting really competitive (not really , you know the p rules the genre now but im at blizz forums) diablo 2 remaster would really spark things up if they fixed decade long bugs and exploits in d2 with it
I mean, farming to get the perfect rune word, collecting ALL uniques which was really a hard thing to do, there is so much you could do there that isn't just grifting :) *sigh* now I get sentimental
21/11/2018 21:56Posted by Meteorblade

I thought the next release was going to be...
Warcraft III: The Frozen Phone

They've brokered a deal with Disney???

Just let it go guys :)
It's hard to say right now, if things like Lost Ark or some miracle PoE sequel comes along. Redirecting more effort toward a Diablo 4 might be a smarter choice.

D2 remaster sounds fantastic, but unless that process already begun and will be ready soon which I doubt, because W3 Reforged is taking that "remaster" slot next year, WoW's 15th birthday is also next year so Classic will be there, too.

A fair guess would be 2020? It is Diablo 2's 20th birthday, would be ideal for D2 Remaster, on top of the fact that Diablo 2 would then be the only title remaining which needs a remaster.

Hope they really do have multiple ongoing projects, because we are looking at Diablo Immortal, Diablo 2 remaster and Diablo 4 lining up (or jamming up) in the next 3-4 years.