Unfair Season 16 Theme for no season players

General Discussion
I play softcore no season europe mainly and I think this season theme is unfair to no season, I am glad people like to play season and I did it on the past and enjoyed it but No Season community as low as it is it will be lower now. I am not agree this season theme will be only season-based.

I know in D2 it has ladder runewords and specific ladder items which makes the game more attractive but in my personal case at this stage of the game I feel more atractted to No Season in D3.

What you think?

We will try to keep this topic argumentative please.

EDIT: Well i havent explained me well, it is unfair in terms of potential progression, potential ranking, buff to damage and toughness
I know many players playing only in nonseason. My clan is nonseason. I think that increased outflow of players into season will lead to leave such people from D3.

Sry for my english.
Well it kinda makes sense to keep this one season-exclusive. Seasons only run for 3 months so if you're looking to rank, you'd wanna rush to the finish line as quickly as possible.

Non-season is permanent so you don't need that kind of advantage. You can just complete the set as per usual.
Totally unfair.
A clarification of the seasonal theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcjZgPgm6aU
20/11/2018 02:44Posted by WittyGem
Well it kinda makes sense to keep this one season-exclusive. Seasons only run for 3 months so if you're looking to rank, you'd wanna rush to the finish line as quickly as possible.

Non-season is permanent so you don't need that kind of advantage. You can just complete the set as per usual.

With the buffs being applied to every sets, a seasonnal characters played seriously will be able to catch-up to any of our non-seasonnal characters in two weeks at most in therm of paragons levels and probablys in therm of items too.

And then it will definitelly be more powerfull than any non-seasonnal counterpart because of the RoRG buff.

They are spitting on Non-Season by this change, and if they plan on doing this kind of buff for others seasons, they killed this mode.

I don't get it, there only way to make Seasons attractives again is basically making the seasonnals characters more powerfull than the non-seasonnals ones?

Ridiculous.
20/11/2018 08:49Posted by Darkduprey
I don't get it, there only way to make Seasons attractives again is basically making the seasonnals characters more powerfull than the non-seasonnals ones?

Agree. I stopped playing season after I got all my stash tabs.
Just read the patch notes; I don't think that the players' most urgent wish was to get even more damage.... there's alot of topics with ideas for improvement around, and none of them talks about buffing damage... so we only get the GR keystones moved into the mats section. Hmmmm.....
I guess you're right. Already now when I talk to my buddies, they do in-season way higher GR's than I do non-season. We are ~1600 paragon; season goes beyond GR100, I'm approaching GR90s. Part of that is me, but the bigger part IMO is the season server.
It's called a seasonal theme. Keyword, seasonal. Crikey...
20/11/2018 09:58Posted by mrtheoden

You do know that the previous two seasonal buffs also affected non-seasonal, right?

Yeah.

It's called a seasonal theme.

Keyword, "theme".

More damage is not a theme.
20/11/2018 10:36Posted by Darkduprey

Yeah.

Keyword, "theme".

*sigh*. Re-read the PTR notes and comprehend. The theme is "season of the rorg". The theme has nothing to do with the damage buffs. Both just happened to be announced at the same time, on the same webpage.

20/11/2018 10:22Posted by Meteorblade

You do know that the previous two seasonal buffs also affected non-seasonal, right?

Yes, I do. And again, my logic stands. Prior seasons should *not* have seen the seasonal theme applied to NS. That's just a stuff up on Blizzard's part. The seasonal themes are meant to encourage (and reward) players for participating in a season. NS play is *not* participating in seasonal play .

Please see what 'non' actually means:

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/non-
Wait. What in the literal F are you guys talking about?
The S16 theme is just the grandeur ring.
The changes to sets is a game update. all the changes apply to all the items in-game, regardless of seasons.

Is everyone arguing how OP a single ring is because it means seasonal players get one extra item effect over the non-seasonal players? Or is someone dumb enough to claim that everything on the patch note apply to seasonal players only?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yeah.

Keyword, "theme".

*sigh*. Re-read the PTR notes and comprehend. The theme is "season of the rorg". The theme has nothing to do with the damage buffs. Both just happened to be announced at the same time, on the same webpage.

*sigh*. Re-read my post and comprehend.

I WAS speaking about the RoRG, not the various buffs on sets.

RoRG buff = basically you've got a free Kanai spot, so you fill it with a CoE and you've got a +50% damage buff.

That's all what your "theme" is about and that's why I was speaking about a damage bonus: 50% more damage that Non-Season characters will not have.

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yes, I do. And again, my logic stands. Prior seasons should *not* have seen the seasonal theme applied to NS. That's just a stuff up on Blizzard's part. The seasonal themes are meant to encourage (and reward) players for participating in a season. NS play is *not* participating in seasonal play .

In a way you are right here: Non-Season should not have seasonal theme.

Except Diablo 3 seasonal theme are NOT theme as I already explained earlier.

A seasonal theme is something that give you some specific gameplay, let you have an other way to play the game that will be specific to this season. That's a fresh and interesting experience.

Just saying to the players "you will do 50% more damage" or "you will get double loots" is NOT motivating them, it's litterally forcing them to play this mode, because

1)The two modes have the exacts same gameplay but one is more efficient than the other.

2)There is nothing interesting or fun so I don't know why you would speak about "motivation" to something that much irrelevant in therm of pleasure while playing.

I can't understand how you can be able to be happy with this.

As a seasonal player yourself you SHOULD be expecting something actually interesting and not just a buff to damages or to loots, wtf.

RoRG buff = basically you've got a free Kanai spot, so you fill it with a CoE and you've got a +50% damage buff.

Yes, I understood your original post perfectly fine.

There is simply no reason to bring up the set buffs in the 2.6.4 PTR patch when discussing the s16 theme.

and, I perfectly understand that the RORG theme means a free slot in the cube (or, on your character itself - for example, dropping shadow mantle gloves for frostburn and running a cold impale DH).

Definition of theme:

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/theme

"a unifying or dominant idea, motif, etc."

The RORG theme, and the s14/15 themes both qualify for themes from a definition point of view. I'm not sure why you don't think they're themes, but they most certainly are.
20/11/2018 00:34Posted by ZoiS
We will try to keep this topic argumentative please.

Maybe you should not have added that line at the end ^^

I think i agree with the OP on this topic. Seasonal mode is already incentivised enough, there is no need to take away the themes from non-season mode. Non-season is already far less popular than a season and taking away the theme will only make it even less popular, maybe even kill it. As i understand it, seasons are about starting again from fresh, not gating content. That is why they abandoned the idea of having some new items only available to seasonal characters in patch 2.4.0.
If that PTR change makes it to live, i will be really disappointed :(
In short: they gave all season players an extra finger to put a ring on.
Non seasonal players just got the finger!
:-D
20/11/2018 14:52Posted by mrtheoden

There is simply no reason to bring up the set buffs in the 2.6.4 PTR patch when discussing the s16 theme.

Yes and we agree on that, you are the one bringing it up, I never talked about them in the first place. I was using the words "damage buff" because that's what RoRG is in the end: A damage buff. The sets are an other subject and has nothing to do with this conversation indeed.

and, I perfectly understand that the RORG theme means a free slot in the cube (or, on your character itself - for example, dropping shadow mantle gloves for frostburn and running a cold impale DH).

Interesting idea to try out. :o

Definition of theme:

The RORG theme, and the s14/15 themes both qualify for themes from a definition point of view. I'm not sure why you don't think they're themes, but they most certainly are.

Okay, well, if you wanna go this way, let's just call them "very bad and uninteresting themes" instead of "fake themes" it that suits you better.

Yes and we agree on that, you are the one bringing it up, I never talked about them in the first place. I was using the words "damage buff" because that's what RoRG is in the end: A damage buff. The sets are an other subject and has nothing to do with this conversation indeed.

Interesting idea to try out. :o

Definition of theme:

Okay, well, if you wanna go this way, let's just call them "very bad and uninteresting themes" instead of "fake themes" it that suits you better.

N6/M4 might be rather interesting with the rorg theme, and other builds too I'm guessing.

For UE MS, you could swap out hellborn cloak for cindercoat for better RCR and dmg buff, or perhaps magefist instead of UE gloves...

RORG theme is a nice step in the right direction with regards to seasonal themes, and a lot better than the first 2 themes imho.

My bad on the damage buff comment - i read that as referring to the set bonuses, and not the RORG implementation. Sorry.
21/11/2018 04:25Posted by mrtheoden
For UE MS, you could swap out hellborn cloak for cindercoat for better RCR and dmg buff, or perhaps magefist instead of UE gloves...

UE/Grenades will also become more effective as you'd no longer need a RoRG to accommodate the Depth Diggers legs, freeing up the slot for something like a Stone of Jordan, for 25-30% more elite damage.
21/11/2018 07:38Posted by Meteorblade
21/11/2018 04:25Posted by mrtheoden

UE/Grenades will also become more effective as you'd no longer need a RoRG to accommodate the Depth Diggers legs, freeing up the slot for something like a Stone of Jordan, for 25-30% more elite damage.

not sure why your post was down voted, have an up vote.

Wholly agreed - I'm loving the idea of the seasonal rorg theme.