Unfair Season 16 Theme for no season players

General Discussion
Just something I picked up. You can't get discipline on Cindercoat. So it's not good to equip on UE.
also unfair that non season people have 8k paragon and i wont get even close to this. (which is more damage anyways and you can play LoN builds again if it doesnt get much nerfed)

Season should be something special and a bonus for only season players is nice... there wasnt a reason to grind xp in season anyways till now because you just could do the same exact thing in non season just way more efficient.
21/11/2018 09:28Posted by Jazz
Just something I picked up. You can't get discipline on Cindercoat. So it's not good to equip on UE.

True, but you could go with Magefist gloves for 20% more fire damage instead.
I'm looking forward to the LoN buff more, i will give a new wizard build a go using arcane orb spark and other lightning spells.
I'm thinking they should also consider buffing the damage reduction gained for each ancient, otherwise the extra damage gained might far outpace toughness gained, leading to glass cannon builds which are horrible to play.
I hope they at least try it in PTR.
21/11/2018 09:35Posted by Dracarys
also unfair that non season people have 8k paragon and i wont get even close to this.

How is it unfair that someone who play much more than you on his characters got much more Paragons than you? You are the one who choose to reset your progression every three months. It can't be "unfair" when you choose it yourself, that's ridiculous.

(which is more damage anyways and you can play LoN builds again if it doesnt get much nerfed)

Not at all. LoN will still be crap. Current LoN is crap, LoN is receiving a buff that is only equivalent to the buffs sets are receiving themself, if not inferior in some cases.

So it will remain in the exact same state. Just basic mathematics here.

Season should be something special and a bonus for only season players is nice...

I agree they should be specials, I just think that "your season character is more powerfull" is a lazy and uninteresting way to make them specials.

there wasnt a reason to grind xp in season anyways till now because you just could do the same exact thing in non season just way more efficient.

Yeah sure, there is no reason to grind in season, that's why 90% of the playerbase is playing seasons, right?

You grind exp in season to go as hight as possible in the season leaderboards. And leaderboards are the reason why seasons exist.

Maybe I'm wrong. If you get 20% fire on your Cindercoat it probably makes up for the loss of discipline.
21/11/2018 13:03Posted by Jazz

Maybe I'm wrong. If you get 20% fire on your Cindercoat it probably makes up for the loss of discipline.

not even close... 12x350% is way more than 20% fire damage xD
21/11/2018 13:03Posted by Jazz

If you're going to swap out one of the UE items, it's the gloves for Magefist, which give 20% fire damage, without affecting discipline values like the chest would.

I agree they should be specials, I just think that "your season character is more powerfull" is a lazy and uninteresting way to make them specials.

in what world is your season character more powerfull than a non season character with this season theme?

Yeah sure, there is no reason to grind in season, that's why 90% of the playerbase is playing seasons, right?

The reason why 90% of the people are playing season is nt because they wanna farm paragons efficiently... Because the people who play season dont really care alot about non season, most of them at least (not everyone ofc)

But the people with rly high paragon just play non season all the time...

Not at all. LoN will still be crap. Current LoN is crap, LoN is receiving a buff that is only equivalent to the buffs sets are receiving themself, if not inferior in some cases.

Not really, if you think they dont heavily nerf the sets from the notes we got now, you are really stupid...
But LoN could still get a big buff. LoN WD was meta for a while and it will be kinda good again. Even if its not the best build in the game, you can still play it and do well with it. (for meta speeds maybe)
The numbers on Cindercoat are 20% primary and 30% secondary.
I play softcore no season europe mainly and I think this season theme is unfair to no season...

Can I say that it is unfair when I can die on HC and loose all of my gear comparing to SC? I say no, I selected this. D3 has more ways to play..SC, HC, Season, Nonseason...pick that you like most. You do not want to die? = play softcore, you want theme? = play season it is only up to you. You cant have everything.
i also dont get the reason of this post in the first place? You are complaing that season gets different stuff than non season, which makes the characters (compared at the same level/damage) more powerfull than non season. The Leaderboards are not connected at all so whats UNFAIR here?

If you want this buff go and play season but nothing is "unfair" here at all -.-
It's unfair seen in the light that in the two first seasons themes were universal. Now it's suddenly not.
21/11/2018 15:50Posted by Jazz
It's unfair seen in the light that in the two first seasons themes were universal. Now it's suddenly not.

Also, due to the power increase a free RoRG implies, seasonal heroes will be able to push higher GRs than non-seasonal, leading to higher legendary gems which they can transfer to non-seasonal heroes at the end of a season.

Also, the season-only RoRG buff means that when people's heroes become non-seasonal at the end of S16 they won't be able to complete anywhere near as high a GR as they were capable of during the season, i.e. it's the first time that the end of a season will lead to heroes becoming less powerful.
21/11/2018 16:14Posted by Meteorblade
21/11/2018 15:50Posted by Jazz

Also, due to the power increase a free RoRG implies, seasonal heroes will be able to push higher GRs than non-seasonal, leading to higher legendary gems which they can transfer to non-seasonal heroes at the end of a season.

Also, the season-only RoRG buff means that when people's heroes become non-seasonal at the end of S16 they won't be able to complete anywhere near as high a GR as they were capable of during the season, i.e. it's the first time that the end of a season will lead to heroes becoming less powerful.

I dont really think the Rorg wont buff you thaaaat much. Its a buff yea, but not as big as additional 5k paragons. People just dont put much effort in this game in europe. Just look at the korean leaderboards they cleared like 6tiers higher than any EU or NA team with same or less paragon...
You could be right. And if some game-breaking builds suddenly appear the team can limit the "damage" to season and maybe neutralise it with a roll back of some kind.
Non season players can have fun with dusting off some of their old sets that may shine in patch 2.6.4.
20/11/2018 02:44Posted by WittyGem
Well it kinda makes sense to keep this one season-exclusive. Seasons only run for 3 months so if you're looking to rank, you'd wanna rush to the finish line as quickly as possible.

Non-season is permanent so you don't need that kind of advantage. You can just complete the set as per usual.
The "Season of Grandeur" buff give you the benefit of the ring without even having one equipped anywhere.

My question is this:

When the season is over, does that buff become non-season for those characters that where created as Seasonal Heroes? In other words, will the RORG Legendary Power apply for the duration of the season only?
As it is a pure season theme it disappears when season is over. I think it's meant as an encouragement to get more players into playing season.

Of course there is always the possibility that the mechanic of Rorg will be worked into all sets (of three or more) in a future patch.
21/11/2018 17:43Posted by Prometheus
When the season is over, does that buff become non-season for those characters that where created as Seasonal Heroes? In other words, will the RORG Legendary Power apply for the duration of the season only?

The buff will only be available to seasonal heroes, for the duration of the season, i.e. at the end of Season 16, when all your seasonal heroes become non-seasonal, they will all instantly become weaker than they were during the season due to them losing the inherent RoRG buff.

If the buff transferred over, people would just create a hero of each class in the season, wait for the end of season transfer and have more powerful non-season heroes than anyone that didn't play S16 could have.
it's litterally forcing them to play this mode

Please consult a dictionary before getting angry. Don't take it personal, i just have a problem with people using that word in the worst possible ways.

The game does provide a different mechanic[much better than the previous ones], it is a NEW element in the game, it's at the core of the new season. SEASON! Not casual play. You wan't to enjoy SEASONAL themes? Play SEASONAL. Are you not interested in that? DON'T play SEASONAL.

What the hell is the point of having a season, if it doesn't differentiate itself from normal play?

21/11/2018 16:14Posted by Meteorblade

You do realise you just shot yourself in the foot right there, right?
If season char's will be confronted by this issue, how would this not affect non-seasonal then?

You would, basically play season but without the season because your build would be worthless after the actual season ends.