Unfair Season 16 Theme for no season players

General Discussion
the funny part is that people will have crazy records in season and when season ends they wont be able to do as high. ( solo using unity or soj/coe or whatever).

and in 4p, they get already close to gr150 at end of season, with rorg and not even changing the meta, you ll see tons of teleport wiz with blackhole. gr150 is going to get reached real quick. Not even talking about a new meta even more powerful with the new sets.

the weird part is that 3months later all builds will be dead and will have to go same as in NS.
21/11/2018 13:31Posted by Dracarys

I agree they should be specials, I just think that "your season character is more powerfull" is a lazy and uninteresting way to make them specials.

in what world is your season character more powerfull than a non season character with this season theme?

Are you kidding me?

So having a free RoRG will not make your character more powerfull?

Like.. What?

Yeah sure, there is no reason to grind in season, that's why 90% of the playerbase is playing seasons, right?

The reason why 90% of the people are playing season is nt because they wanna farm paragons efficiently...

But you just said in your previous post that farming was more efficient in Non-Season, and now peoples are playing season to farm efficiently?

Please make up your mind before answering me again, your post make no sense at all.

But the people with rly high paragon just play non season all the time...

Yeah, of course, when you farm during several years you have more Paragons than when you farm for three months.

What's your point?

You were supposed to explain me why it is "unfair". For now I can't see how it is "unfair" that someone farming twice as much than you will get twice your exp?

Not really, if you think they dont heavily nerf the sets from the notes we got now, you are really stupid...

Stupid?

No, I'm only someone who actually know a little bit about the game.

The sets which are receiving buffs will only be puted at the exact same levels than Necromancers and Condemn builds.

Why would they need to he heavily nerfed? To stay inferiors to Necromancers and Condemn Crusaders?

But why buff them at all in the first place if you want them to stay inferiors?

But LoN could still get a big buff. LoN WD was meta for a while and it will be kinda good again. Even if its not the best build in the game, you can still play it and do well with it. (for meta speeds maybe)

It COULD get an OTHER additional buff, that's true.

But with the current patch note it's NOT enough to make it "kinda good".

But I won't go into the mathematics calculation, since you already look like you are quite lost in a flow of numbers that you don't understand while speaking about farming or about sets, that would be a loss of my time.

21/11/2018 15:30Posted by Dracarys
i also dont get the reason of this post in the first place? You are complaing that season gets different stuff than non season, which makes the characters (compared at the same level/damage) more powerfull than non season. The Leaderboards are not connected at all so whats UNFAIR here?

If you want this buff go and play season but nothing is "unfair" here at all -.-

Well, this part is quite a viable point of view.

But If I understand OP correctly, his problem is more that free RoRG could potentially alterate some builds in some funs or interesting way, and that NS players will simply never have the possibility to try it out.

I know, you could answer them "just play season then", but if they don't like starting from scratch they can't have a good gaming experience by being forced to do it just to try out some fun gameplay.
Play season I mean it doesn't take long to go a gr 90 solo. If you want to grind in season you can with communities and friends? I see season plays getting 2500-3k paragon in a season if they group. I can see how you think you are missing out but Blizz decided that we all need set gear to play and dropped any form of variety of builds a long time ago. If anything you should complain about lack of options for build instead of just playing set and the few builds that use royal ring?
I think it's completely fair cause in non season with this advantage unless leaderboards are reset then the boards would be all screwed up with builds that can't be beat or mimicked until a new theme makes it possible
21/11/2018 17:56Posted by Meteorblade
21/11/2018 17:43Posted by Prometheus
When the season is over, does that buff become non-season for those characters that where created as Seasonal Heroes? In other words, will the RORG Legendary Power apply for the duration of the season only?

The buff will only be available to seasonal heroes, for the duration of the season, i.e. at the end of Season 16, when all your seasonal heroes become non-seasonal, they will all instantly become weaker than they were during the season due to them losing the inherent RoRG buff.

If the buff transferred over, people would just create a hero of each class in the season, wait for the end of season transfer and have more powerful non-season heroes than anyone that didn't play S16 could have.
Fair enough, but then Blizzard should edit the patch notes to reflect this, as the current wording of "Unlike previous Seasonal buffs, this buff will not apply to Non-Seasonal players" is vague in that it does not specify if it means non-season characters created before or during Season 16, or seasonal characters that become non-seasonal when season ends.
Prometheus. Nothing is vague - except maybe your conception of the theme.
22/11/2018 04:25Posted by Prometheus
Fair enough, but then Blizzard should edit the patch notes to reflect this, as the current wording of "Unlike previous Seasonal buffs, this buff will not apply to Non-Seasonal players" is vague in that it does not specify if it means non-season characters created before or during Season 16, or seasonal characters that become non-seasonal when season ends.

The current wording states that non-seasonal heroes do not get the buff. How is that in any way unambiguous when it's not possible to have a seasonal hero after the season ends?

But you just said in your previous post that farming was more efficient in Non-Season, and now peoples are playing season to farm efficiently?

Please make up your mind before answering me again, your post make no sense at all.

When did i say thar people are playing season to farm edficiently ? But doesnt matter in the end anyways

Rorg wont give many builds a big buff... Wiz for example can take channeling shoulders which is 20% damage increase? Thats what roughly 1 gr level?
Not many sets gain a big buff from rorg but its still better than non thats for sure.

Garg wd for example get a bigger one like using CoE but yea thats some few sets.

Its not like season people will clear 5 levels higher than non season just because of the rorg buff. Still it will get closer, but i dont see the problem here, you still need to farm your gear and paras up from scretch and there are different leaderbords.

So yea season should provide some special bonuses for those who play
22/11/2018 06:35Posted by Dracarys

When did i say thar people are playing season to farm edficiently ? But doesnt matter in the end anyways

Oh, yeah, seems like I misread one of your post, my bad.

22/11/2018 06:35Posted by Dracarys
Rorg wont give many builds a big buff... Wiz for example can take channeling shoulders which is 20% damage increase? Thats what roughly 1 gr level?
Not many sets gain a big buff from rorg but its still better than non thats for sure.

Garg wd for example get a bigger one like using CoE but yea thats some few sets.

Its not like season people will clear 5 levels higher than non season just because of the rorg buff. Still it will get closer, but i dont see the problem here, you still need to farm your gear and paras up from scretch and there are different leaderbords.

So yea season should provide some special bonuses for those who play

Well, we will see, I think in the hand of some theorycrafters it can go way further than that and potentially allow entirely new builds, like who know something based on the bonus of three sets at once?

We will be fixed soon I guess.

22/11/2018 01:45Posted by Aysrian
If anything you should complain about lack of options for build instead of just playing set and the few builds that use royal ring?

Peoples are already complaining about that too, since many years. ^^
Well, we will see, I think in the hand of some theorycrafters it can go way further than that and potentially allow entirely new builds, like who know something based on the bonus of three sets at once?

would love to see that, (like n6m4 for example) but i am not really into theory crafting, dont have that much game knowledge ^^ but yea i dont see the problem with season only buffs, season should be something special, because the last seasons had no difference to non season ^^
I can't see any reason why non-seasonal players not getting a seasonal buff is unfair.

The buff is season specific. Just think yourselves lucky that you've benefited from the buff in S14 and S15.

If you want the seasonal theme benefit, play season. Simples.
22/11/2018 15:59Posted by Garrett
I can't see any reason why non-seasonal players not getting a seasonal buff is unfair.

The buff is season specific. Just think yourselves lucky that you've benefited from the buff in S14 and S15.

If you want the seasonal theme benefit, play season. Simples.

dont worry the people who complain about this dont play diablo 3 a lot anyways.
22/11/2018 06:24Posted by Meteorblade
22/11/2018 04:25Posted by Prometheus

The current wording states that non-seasonal heroes do not get the buff. How is that in any way unambiguous when it's not possible to have a seasonal hero after the season ends?
Because it does not specifically state what will become of the buff when the season is over.

Yes, when the season is over, the "Grandeur Buff" will no longer apply. But what about characters created when the season was running? Players will create builds specifically to take advantage of the R.O.R.G buff, only to have it stripped from them at the end of the season.

Some players, such as myself, use Seasonal characters not for the leader boards, but to genuinely create a new hero from scratch to see how far we can go before season ends, and then continue to play that same hero afterwards.

Therein lies the vagueness of "Unlike previous Seasonal buffs, this buff will not apply to Non-Seasonal players". At the very least, the "Grandeur" buff should remain applied to seasonal heroes created during the run of the season when season ends.
23/11/2018 04:17Posted by Prometheus
Because it does not specifically state what will become of the buff when the season is over.

Yes, it does. It says the buff only applies to seasonal heroes. At the end of a season, seasonal heroes become non-seasonal heroes. Therefore, at the end of the season, your heroes that were previously seasonal will no longer have the buff because they're no longer seasonal.

So, the end of Season 16 will absolutely have the potential to break the build you've been using during Season 16, as you will no longer have the RoRG effect that you've been relying on all season.

As an example, if you decided to play an Invoker Crusader again during Season 16, the RoRG buff would mean you could equip the Sanguinary Bracers rather than the Invoker Bracers and have both Aquila Cuirass and Heart of Iron in effect (one equipped, one in the Cube). This leads to more mitigation, more thorns and more area damage effect. At the end of the season, when the RoRG is no longer apparent, you'd only be able to have the effect of two of the three items.

The Season 16 buff means your heroes can be more powerful during the season and at the end of the season they will instantly become weaker.
i dont really see what completely new build you should be able to do with this buff? What i saw is it still the same build but with 1 item that buffs damage/thoughness a bit more, but the build will be the same.
Maybe you get to use an aquila or a CoE or Unity, but these are things that dont "break" a build if you dont have them xD
23/11/2018 11:24Posted by Dracarys
i dont really see what completely new build you should be able to do with this buff? What i saw is it still the same build but with 1 item that buffs damage/thoughness a bit more, but the build will be the same.

Just as an example, top of the PTR's Barbarian solo leaderboard is currently a GR126 using 5 pieces of Immortal King and 3 pieces of Raekor, for an IK6/R4 hybrid. I'm sure there'll be other new hybrids for other classes too.
With the buff to Invoker I'm looking forward to what Prometheus will come up with. Maybe a no-thorns Invoker build?
I mean. He doesn't even understand the meaning of "season theme".

... it is an unusual theme of course, very different to previous ones and different to when seasons were first introduced.
23/11/2018 12:48Posted by Jazz
With the buff to Invoker I'm looking forward to what Prometheus will come up with.

Currently Invoker would likely go with...
Equip: Invoker Bracers
Equip: Aquila Cuirass
Cube: Sanguinary Bracers

With the grandeur buff in Season 16 you can go with...
Equip: Sanguinary Bracers
Equip: Heart of Iron / Aquila Cuirass
Cube: Aquila Cuirass / Heart of Iron

So far on PTR I've gotten my Invoker to GR105 solo and that's before I try the above changes due to the grandeur buff - I haven't found any decent Sanguinary Bracers yet to test it out with. On live, I think my Invoker was doing 85-90, so that's a 15-20 GR increase just due to the set changes. I think adding in the Heart of Iron should add a few more. This setup also means that for speed-farming, you can replace the Sanguinary Bracers with Nemesis Bracers.
What do you expect? seasons are the end game of D3. In all the other Arpgs Seasons are unique and they are this way exactly to incentivise seasonal play. Hell is NS even a mode of game? it's just the dumpster where your characters end up after the season is over.
26/11/2018 19:23Posted by Kani
Hell is NS even a mode of game?

Yes, it's the mode where you don't have to start from scratch every three months or so.