Master set dungeon as a season requirement is silly

General Discussion
Thanks for wasted 2.5h of my day where 2h was only setting proper build for single run... set dungeon does not scale with game difficulty(?). 2 sets for DH was basically impossible to complete. Only marauder one was possible and it still took like 30min starting over and over again! TY for who invented set dungeons! To waste so much time for one run.
If you're playing a DH, Natalya's set dungeon is pretty much impossible to fail if you've ever played a Rain of Vengeance build before. It's literally just walking around the map ensuring Rain doesn't drop off for 90 seconds.

Diablo 3: Set Dungeon - Natalya's Vengeance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCF5rBhqH_o
99% of the dungeons are easy. i only had 2 that were really annoying (not difficult)
At least each class has an easy dungeon.
Well, true is, that every class have at least one relativelly easy dung.

But i totally agree, that set dungeons are without any doubt most boring part of game and have them as part of season is... not good. What more, most stupid is conquest about them. Can someone tell me, why i should go again and again set dungeons, change build, items etc, when i made all of them on mastery already? And yes - i made them all, but didnt enjoyed any of them - all were boring.

Even it is better for me to go to non hc, and level up non hc char, drop set and make third conquest on non hc, than go to set dungeons for 3rd conquest on HC.

For me really most boring and annoying part of game.

Edit - playing 99% of time solo, so i leveled up my non hc char solo, solo found items, and made all progress solo to make some 3rd conquest for season. And still better for me to do this, than go to set dungs.
im doing the marauder every season. u dont even need to have some gems in the gear just put all gear that u need and go all in. It takes about 5-8 min
I don't mind that mastering a set dungeon is part of the season journey. What bugs me is that it's placed at the Champion-stage. I'd rather have it at the Guardian-stage because basically everything else in the journey is easier to do than the set dungeon. It'd be in much better fitting place challengewise.
The UE dungeon took a while for me to master. Had loads of trouble getting spiders to group sufficiently. Last season I mastered the same dungeon on my first run. Work that out.
12/10/2018 20:48Posted by Kirottu
I don't mind that mastering a set dungeon is part of the season journey. What bugs me is that it's placed at the Champion-stage. I'd rather have it at the Guardian-stage because basically everything else in the journey is easier to do than the set dungeon. It'd be in much better fitting place challengewise.

This.
I also think the Guardian tier would be a much better place for set dungeon mastery.
Agree. I have nothing against the set dungeons, except making them required for season reward is stupid.

For people who like them, they are a fine part of the game, but seeing as they have no connection to the rest of the game, making them part of season requirements is frustrating.

They aren't hard, or interesting. Set dungeons have NOTHING to do with the game. The puzzles they present dont have any relation to the rest of the game. They don't teach how to play a class or set, in fact they teach a way you definitely would NOT want to play a class and set.
For my DH, marauder and natalya were the easiest ones
Well when writing the OP i was pretty annoyed because that was first time i was doing set dungeon. But after all even if I didn't like it, I can call it balance. That's why after trying many games i always come back to Diablo III. Because D3 is solidly balanced in terms of gameplay. You choose how hard game can be. Game have it's core but basicly you choose how you want to play and what to do. D3 have a kaleidoscope effect making its visual perception diffrent every time and it have various side activities like set dungeons which are not obligatory but some people may enjoy doing those. So summarizing sorry for being salty x)
12/10/2018 15:56Posted by daakh
Thanks for wasted 2.5h of my day where 2h was only setting proper build for single run... set dungeon does not scale with game difficulty(?). 2 sets for DH was basically impossible to complete. Only marauder one was possible and it still took like 30min starting over and over again! TY for who invented set dungeons! To waste so much time for one run.

or just get good
UE should be changed at least. I have tried it many times and get 15 - 19 spiders killed with one shot. For some reason the spiders seem to have broken legs as they barely move when you try to gather them. Horrible set dungeon that seems to purely rely on luck. Marauders and Natalya are both extremely easy though. I wouldn't mind having this moved from season journey though.
12/10/2018 17:43Posted by Zwiebel
99% of the dungeons are easy. i only had 2 that were really annoying (not difficult)

i think you are the best diablo3 player in the world. No?
22/10/2018 12:36Posted by Filimon

It's true though. Any player with some knowledge about this game could probably do them all, at least with some help from a friend if solo is too hard.
The only dungeons I can think of that I had issues with was Uliana's and Wastes dungeons, before they changed the criteria for Master completion. Now they are much easier to clear, I've heard.
22/10/2018 12:36Posted by Filimon

no im not but those dungeons are frikking easy. maybe you should spent more time playing the game instead of talking nonsense on the forum you noob then maybe you will be higher then 470ish para on season
I've only ever mastered the Natalya's dungeon (several times). It's easy once you get the gear for it and the hang of it. Back when the stash tab started to be a season reward I tried the Marauder dungeon several times. It almost made me throw my computer out the window. Maybe some of the dungeons have been changed since then.
23/10/2018 16:15Posted by Zwiebel
those dungeons are frikking easy.

This screenshot demonstrates how "un-fun" I find set dungeons...
http://ximg.co.uk/images/2018/10/23/d3_dont_like_set_dungeons.jpg
Whilst they might be easy, they're also deeply stupid when some of them are easier to complete the worse your gear is. For example, I've mastered all four of the Necromancer dungeons and for two of them I had to reduce my damage to such an extent that I ended up removing my belt, rings, amulet and changed paragon points from INT to VIT because otherwise mobs died too quickly to achieve objectives.

The dungeons don't teach you to master how the sets play in actual combat, they teach you how to master things that are counter-intuitive to general play. I mean, the Wastes dungeon, a Barbarian set that's all about melee combat and one of the objectives is to not take physical damage, i.e. not get hit, so you have to play it as semi-ranged, stunning mobs and taking them out with Rend and tornadoes. It's beyond moronic.
i didnt say they are fun i said they are easy. i had the same problem you have. did all achievements except the dungeons. then i got so bored in season 11 that i said to myself lets give them a try. the more i did the more motivated i became to do all of them. did one class a day after six days i completed them all. most tricky for me were wrath of the waste and the tal rasha dungeon cause i had to memorize all the wurms and even then i took me a lot of tries to actually do it