The correct way to announce a Diablo mobile game...

General Discussion
...is to follow it up with news of Diablo 4 for PC, or at the very least the rumoured D2 remaster or a new expansion/character for D3.

News like this on its own, with nothing of relevance (or actually nothing at all) for traditional gaming platforms is just stupid.

EDIT: Well, got to vent my anger. I wonder if there'll ever be good news for Diablo again.
I was totally expecting the text in this post just to be:
"You don't....."
A Diablo mobile game existing isn't really a problem.

It being the only new Diablo content for the foreseeable future is.
Exactly. Months of hype. Diablo placements in Mythic Stage, more hype and so on... Everyone expected D4. Then they got with news that we shouldnt expect too big things. Well, alright everyone said. D2 remaster then or at least a new char or exp.

There were people talking about mobile but they were just making jokes. It was a fun thing.

Now it happened. It became a reality. Such a sad day for Diablo and its fans. We wouldn't care if mobile or more console versions will appear after some really BIG news. But alas, here we are. Colorful asian diablo on mobile.
What you seem all seem to ignore is the fact that the Blizzard team have NEVER confirmed 100% there will be a D2 remastered or a D4. It's all hearsay from keyboard warriors. Get over it and enjoy the game.
"Good things come to those who wait - evil things often take longer..."
No. Evil things happened today!
:-)
Bethesda did it right
02/11/2018 22:06Posted by Garrett
What you seem all seem to ignore is the fact that the Blizzard team have NEVER confirmed 100% there will be a D2 remastered or a D4. It's all hearsay from keyboard warriors. Get over it and enjoy the game.

Blizzard never confirming D4 or the D2 remaster is irrelevant.

This announcement by itself was doomed to get the reception that it did. More so when Blizzard scheduled the Q/A session in this time slot. They were hyping a big reveal.

Yes because the gaming opinion on mobile isn't allready in a big negative way especially after EA and their C&C rivals fiasco. They fully know what the majority opinion is about mobile "gaming" and it is not a positive one. This is just a stunt of Activision to go super greedy. And I say Activision cause it is the cause of killing Blizzard slowly by the year.
And they said the forges were burning hot over at blizzard.. God damn joke. Can you imagine a whole room full of programmers developing this piece of crap
02/11/2018 22:20Posted by Skrax
And they said the forges were burning hot over at blizzard.. God damn joke. Can you imagine a whole room full of programmers developing this piece of crap

I still want to believe that it's a joke. It's so unbelievable, so unreal... When Cheng entered the stage, he was extremely nervous and tried hard to act like he's extremely excited and also tried making everyone excited.

I thought there's something wrong in that and BOOM, he started talking about mobile. Unbelievable.

You are part of the problem.

Yes they were hot alright, they where reskinning a chinese mobil game...

Made by Netease: https://crusadersoflight.com/ same name as on the diablo game.

Incase she was talking about Immortal...

"External forges", not at Blizzard.
02/11/2018 22:28Posted by Kori

You are part of the problem.

Please explain.

I'm not the one who's been hyping over the last months by spreading rumours of a D2 remaster or D4. I've just been playing RoS and trying to improve my progress.
Do you guys not have phones?
03/11/2018 15:53Posted by moo

Who the hell plays on phones nowadays but 40 year olds who play candy crush and farmville day and night and call themselves "gamers". People are pissed off for a good reason. Nobody wanted mobile games, a phone is to call people or do simple things, not play games, besides, mobile games are to milk dumb people by paying for "energy" and stuff, that quickly runs past the price of an AAA high quality pc game.

The diablo fanbase came from PC and we expect to be respected, they teased us for years with a Diablo 4 and instead they give us this mobile "game" that nobody asked for.
03/11/2018 15:53Posted by moo

Some people are bound to their contracts with phones unable to play this game, for example. Or simply cannot afford a "decent" mobile phone.

A second hand iPhone x or Samsung 7-8 can run at 4-5000kr or 4-500 pounds.
You can get a laptop for less. A NEW laptop. (Sweden)

Apart from the fact this game will cater for only the most recent of mobile phones it is also amazing that the mobile game can host up to 10 players (or more) whereas the PC d3 can only support 4 apparently...…..not on.
the correct way is not do it.
sorry but I forgot to hold up my sarcasm sign.

was the quoted statement of Wyatt Cheng who was presenting this on blizzcon