Is Demon Hunter Easy Mode? An apology.

General Discussion
I like to mix and match my characters each season. I have only been done the last few seasons but I have done Necro, Crusader and now Demon Hunter.

Last season I used a condemn build and managed about T13 Level 85. It was on PS4 and the button mashing was horrendous. My legendary gems and caldasians were 70+. My gear was all Ancient or Primal and after 3 months I topped out at 85.

This season I have played for a week. I am already on 600+ paragon and have done t13 Level 83. I have no primal gear (because my level 70 drop was a sword. RNG sucks) and only 1 Ancient. I have no caldasian upgrades on any of my gear.

Is this season easier than last season or is UE Multishot really easy.

Edit
You are miss reading my question. Is Demon Hunter a lot easier to play on console than Crusader?

Edit Edit
I am a PS4 user. I use a controller which is really uncomfortable when button mashing builds.

I didn't want to diminish any character class and if I have offended anyone then I'm sorry.

Enjoy the season whichever class or build you run and be excellent to each other.
Patch 2.6.4.... And season 16 theme...
04/02/2019 18:36Posted by ShadowDragon
I like to mix and match my characters each season. I have only been done the last few seasons but I have done Necro, Crusader and now Demon Hunter.

Last season I used a condemn build and managed about T13 Level 85. It was on PS4 and the button mashing was horrendous. My legendary gems and caldasians were 70+. My gear was all Ancient or Primal and after 3 months I topped out at 85.

This season I have played for a week. I am already on 600+ paragon and have done t13 Level 83. I have no primal gear (because my level 70 drop was a sword. RNG sucks) and only 1 Ancient. I have no caldasian upgrades on any of my gear.

Is this season easier than last season or is UE Multishot really easy.

please read patchnotes...
No-one is misreading anything, and your post clearly reads as an attempt to claim that DH is easy.

Is it hard? Not particularly. Is it easy? Not particularly. It's about the same as every other class in the game.

I main a DH and always have. No season progress on PC this season, (before you check) because I've been on Switch. From past and current experience I've found some classes and builds a lot easier, and others a lot harder. Strangely, some of those I found harder were classes/builds that others considered easy. It's a playstyle thing too, at the end of the day. Some things don't suit done players.

As for your supposed question; you say it yourself, and you've been told by others. This season is incredibly strong for all classes. Comparing your performance in this season to previous seasons is pretty pointless, regardless of class.
UE Multishot is the Daemon Hunter's farm build. It's very squishy.
In terms of "button smashing", my feeling is that the N6/M4 is button smashing, as you need to place your sentries and fire Rain of Vengeance permanently. Jumping is not so required.
Shadow/Impale is the strongest build, but there you need to jump like crazy.
I did a GR101 @900 Paragon with decent gear, NO augments with the Shadow. That's very uncommon for me, as I hate dying, and thus I'm rather "a pussy" :)
N6/M4 is comparable; I had a GR99 with it. Multishot is 10 levels behind.
Overall it's fun, although the last buffs are ridiculous, and "balancing" just got lost with it.
I would say that i agree with you that Demon hunter is easier.

I started with wizard. and i wanted to make a frozen orb variation to relive the diablo 2 glory days. I played 98 hours. I have 3 85augments, almost all ancient gear besides one ring, nicely rolled stats except a couple of them. Level 90 gears.2100000 damage sheet,

I can do GR70 in 5 minutes. To do any damage you have to:
cast your main skill 3 times. cast slow on enemies. stand still for 1.5sec.
To do extra damage i also have to wait for conversion of elements to come into cold, and cast black hole, hitting as many enemies as a can for a temporary buff. Also stay as far away from them as possible to get distance related buffs.
then i have to cast 3 times something to remove the slow cooldown for the next cycle.
If i want to speed farm Gr90 i would guess that i will need to play another 100 hours to perfectly roll everything.
The meteor build is somewhat better but you still have to jungle 20 stuff at the same time.

https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/hydrael-2522/hero/116556522

yesterday I made a demon hunter because i was sick of falling behind during farming. had someone boost to 70. Used 1000 deathbreaths and 2000 blood shard to get him the multishot set. Copied the multishot build skills from a site. I dont even know how to play him. No ancients, royal gems, no optimized rolls, level 0 gems,, no augments.600000 damage sheet.
at 2hours playtime, i did 3 rifts. GR15, GR30 and finaly GR70 at 7 minutes.
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/hydrael-2522/hero/117063896

If you guys think that all classes are the same, i dont know what to say.
05/02/2019 08:45Posted by WilliTheWit
UE Multishot is the Daemon Hunter's farm build. It's very squishy.
In terms of "button smashing", my feeling is that the N6/M4 is button smashing, as you need to place your sentries and fire Rain of Vengeance permanently. Jumping is not so required.
Shadow/Impale is the strongest build, but there you need to jump like crazy.
I did a GR101 @900 Paragon with decent gear, NO augments with the Shadow. That's very uncommon for me, as I hate dying, and thus I'm rather "a pussy" :)
N6/M4 is comparable; I had a GR99 with it. Multishot is 10 levels behind.
Overall it's fun, although the last buffs are ridiculous, and "balancing" just got lost with it.
Hydrael. Great job comparing a weak wizard build to a strong dh build.
Thank you for the sarcasm. Always contributes a lot.
Its not weak though. DMO frozen orb its listed as top tier on icy-veins. And you can see gr120+ on youtube,
This is not top of the leaderboards, and i am sure that there are other builds that are very gear sensitive but still.

Lets take the other top build that everybody is using, the meteor firebird.
To get started on the damage you have to herd as many enemies as you can, and burn them, or ignite an elite.

Multishot DH gets discipline (ie 70+) * 350% on multishot just by standing there.
I am sure that with some better rolls you can hit 100 with ease, at paragons <800, because i have seen them.

I did another experiment and made Akkham crushader with is another top tier. 3 hours in, with the set and everything without any care in the rolls i could clear gr60 relatively easy, which is what i would expect, not that immidiate, "lets farm at 75" that i have seen on the DH.
At least this build needs some work to make your main buff having no cooldown (akarat champion) to be an effective build..

I am not arguing any modifications. I dont care. I am just saying what i have noticed as of this patch, having no idea how it was before since i hadn't played since D3 release.
Not just trying to be rude actually. It's about choosing the right tool for the job. The frozen orb build, you mentioned, is obviously not effective for easy content. This goes for a lot of builds. Try and do bounties or nephalem rifts with the "easy mode" Cold Impale DH build. You'll find it very poor. The same can be said about other top performing builds.

Comparing Firebird and Multishot (Unhallowed Essence) isn't quite fair. The Firebird has been (untill season 16 at least) the reason that groups could reach GR 150. Nevertheless it is quite possible to use Firebird as a speed build with some changes.
05/02/2019 15:35Posted by hydrael
Multishot DH gets discipline (ie 70+) * 350% on multishot just by standing there.
I am sure that with some better rolls you can hit 100 with ease

Base - 30 discipline
Preparation - 20 discipline
Torso - 12 discipline
Yang's - 12 discipline
DML - 12 discipline
Total - 86 discipline

The only other potential source, the Stone of Jordan ring, would break the Focus + Restraint ring set, so would be detrimental. So, where are you finding another 14 discipline from to get it to 100?
I am a PS4 user. I use a controller which is really uncomfortable when button mashing builds.

I didn't want to diminish any character class and if I have offended anyone then I'm sorry.

Enjoy the season whichever class or build you run and be excellent to each other.
GR100 not disciple 100. i apologize, it was confusing how i phrased it.
05/02/2019 17:38Posted by Meteorblade
05/02/2019 15:35Posted by hydrael
I am sure that with some better rolls you can hit 100 with ease

Base - 30 discipline
Preparation - 20 discipline
Torso - 12 discipline
Yang's - 12 discipline
DML - 12 discipline
Total - 86 discipline

The only other potential source, the Stone of Jordan ring, would break the Focus + Restraint ring set, so would be detrimental. So, where are you finding another 14 discipline from to get it to 100?
Subject changed a bit.
Some builds have always been more button mashing than others. Necro Rathma for example, probably also support monk. DH builds with sentries are more button intensive and most builds have to manage skills on cool down carefully. But there are also lots of "lazy" builds - some can even go quite high. It's true that frantic button mashing is annoying, it's easier if you can keep up attacking (and moving) by only having to keep one or two buttons activated. (Or if you can use numlock or other features).
Necro Rathma for example, probably also support monk. DH builds with sentries are more button intensive and most builds have to manage skills on cool down carefully.
(Or if you can use numlock or other features)

Correct. I despise numlock, though. Support monk I guess is not easy to play; but you can just put the Blind, the Mantra, and the Sanctuary on Numlock. The condemn crusader just puts Condemn & Akkarats Champ on numLock. And both don't care when they run out of Mana....
I've seen a couple of videos, also from the known cheater who is sitting on #1 Barb rank, where they just plough through the enemies with NumLock on... I don't call that skill, sorry.

Cooldown & Resource management and targeted skills are way more difficult. The sentries for example, and the Frozen Orb (amongst others) need to be targeted correctly, while not running out of mana. Else you're dead. Same goes for the resources with the Monk's Shenglong generator build. Poor resource management makes the build pretty useless.
So, I'd say, difficulty is not about button smashing, it's more about "having the skills ready when you need them" :) Either in terms of cooldown or of resource.

I've seen a couple of videos, also from the known cheater who is sitting on #1 Barb rank, where they just plough through the enemies with NumLock on... I don't call that skill, sorry.

I dont understand this sentenser tho... Whats skill with spamming one button over 5 hours non stop
Everything is easy in t13, the only difficulty in this game is pushing greater rifts, and multishot is IMO one of the mechanically hardest builds in the game to push with due to its squishiness and reliance on high APM stutterstepping. But at t13 it is very easy and effective to play hence its popularity.
On ps4 you can just HOLD DOWN the buttons, you dont have to spam. Thank me later
Try playing DH in HC, that would change your oppinion.
Try playing DH in HC, that would change your opinion.

I am currently running GR94 Solo with multi shot and I have kind of come up against a wall. The number in instant deaths from trash jumping at me from the outside of the boundary of the screen is truly irritating. There are still a couple of Caldasian's I can do but I think I may be done with it.

ITS NOT AS EASY AS I THOUGHT. just staying alive and some rifts are just plain impossible.

I will be testing out the Shadow Impale Build to see if I can push the GR's a little further.