Season 17 Theme

General Discussion
Over at the US forums there is a rather intriguing suggestion for the theme of the next season: the Legacy of Nightmare Season.
Essentially it would work similar to this season only with the LoN buff instad of RorG. This would free up the two ring slots and would buff the LoN set a bit more.

What do you think about it?
Sounds quite good. It would allow for even stronger seasonal builds than the current buff, with those 2 extra ring slots. The thing is though that if everyone decided to take advantage of it while they could, i reckon that for any particular class, pretty much everyone would end up with the same build. It would not be a season of variety...
What if LON buffed Primals a bit more for the season.
07/02/2019 14:48Posted by Noodles
pretty much everyone would end up with the same build.

Perhaps that would happen. Well, I like the idea. It forces people to build the synergies only from items & skills, without the set buffs.
Depends on whether a LoN build can really compete with a buffed set which we have now. LoN gives you 750% per ancient item, which is max. 9.750%. Not enough to compete with sets. It would need to be raised to at least 1.200%.
If not, noone will go for it. UNLESS the seasonal leaderboard would be limited to "non-set / LoN only".
Instead of just theme let us fight some ubers scaled up to Grift 110 and above.
Please not again buff for only seasonal players
11/02/2019 05:54Posted by robavatar

Nah, I disagree with this personally, I'm of the opinion that non season should have never benefitted from the buffs in the first place. Why benefit from a SEASONAL buff, when not participating in the season itself? It would be like receiving a get well soon card when you weren't ill in the first place or receiving a lootbox for a game you've never played, and still being offered to spend money to open it. What made you eligible to receive it? Nothing.

Just getting stuff for free, kinda makes playing seasonal worthless to play in the eyes of some people :/ it's not like playing season is difficult. I find it more enjoyable than non season.
11/02/2019 13:09Posted by Krelsis
11/02/2019 05:54Posted by robavatar

Nah, I disagree with this personally, I'm of the opinion that non season should have never benefitted from the buffs in the first place. Why benefit from a SEASONAL buff, when not participating in the season itself? It would be like receiving a get well soon card when you weren't ill in the first place or receiving a lootbox for a game you've never played, and still being offered to spend money to open it. What made you eligible to receive it? Nothing.

Just getting stuff for free, kinda makes playing seasonal worthless to play in the eyes of some people :/ it's not like playing season is difficult. I find it more enjoyable than non season.

Think you're portraying it a bit too radical. The difference is if you play season you start from scratch and the buff is an nice extra.
It's not that none-Season don't play the game when they play. They still play the same game, farm the same rifts, do the same GR's and level gems. That's the same for everyone. They just benefit from gear and paragon already accumulated before.

I'm on the fence about it, I thought the buff was worth it this time around to play season. But otherwise I love more progressing with the gear and chars I have in none season. After I had all stashes I didn't see the point of playing season. Not saying it's bad. Just not my cup of tea. And so there are a lot of others.

The argument to have the buffs none-season, is that they do add build diversity, you can try out different builds etc and can make the game more interesting. And that applies to both Season and None Season. Season or none-season is exactly the same game, once you get your set together and farming at T13 and beyond. With the difference pushing for leaderboards is split season and none season as when you start from scratch this is obvious different. So no troubles there.

So the buff adds more fun. And that the jury is out if that should be limited to season. Could be only season. That's fine. Don't see any harm to apply it to both. I do think its a very aggressive way to encourage people to play season. And playing none-season is not like people are laizy or expecting freebies. They still play the game.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Think you're portraying it a bit too radical. The difference is if you play season you start from scratch and the buff is an nice extra.
It's not that none-Season don't play the game when they play. They still play the same game, farm the same rifts, do the same GR's and level gems. That's the same for everyone. They just benefit from gear and paragon already accumulated before.

I'm on the fence about it, I thought the buff was worth it this time around to play season. But otherwise I love more progressing with the gear and chars I have in none season. After I had all stashes I didn't see the point of playing season. Not saying it's bad. Just not my cup of tea. And so there are a lot of others.

The argument to have the buffs none-season, is that they do add build diversity, you can try out different builds etc and can make the game more interesting. And that applies to both Season and None Season. Season or none-season is exactly the same game, once you get your set together and farming at T13 and beyond. With the difference pushing for leaderboards is split season and none season as when you start from scratch this is obvious different. So no troubles there.

So the buff adds more fun. And that the jury is out if that should be limited to season. Could be only season. That's fine. Don't see any harm to apply it to both. I do think its a very aggressive way to encourage people to play season. And playing none-season is not like people are laizy or expecting freebies. They still play the game.

Well if we're shouting out these sorts of ideas.

We may as well get the strength in numbers buff when not playing in a party too.

We should get the extra gem upgrade for not dying even if we did die.

We should be able to play with non hardcore players when playing hardcore.

We may as well get the season transmogs, even if we didn't complete the season journey.

We should get the extra stash tab, even if we didn't play season.

We should get rewards for not meeting the requirements, this is the argument I see when people ask for season buffs to affect non season.
13/02/2019 18:10Posted by Krelsis

Well if we're shouting out these sorts of ideas.

We may as well get the strength in numbers buff when not playing in a party too.

We should get the extra gem upgrade for not dying even if we did die.

We should be able to play with non hardcore players when playing hardcore.

We may as well get the season transmogs, even if we didn't complete the season journey.

We should get the extra stash tab, even if we didn't play season.

We should get rewards for not meeting the requirements, this is the argument I see when people ask for season buffs to affect non season.

You really need to work on that too radical trait.
Too many people think too drastically these days. I think to myself "get a grip".