Bought diablo, could not be more dissapointed

General Discussion
Nothing to do yesterday and here it came to my mind, how about I try diablo 3?

I do not want to talk here about the cartoonish graphics, lack of gore, overall feel that does not feel like diablo or the pretty lame way story is telled.

I want to however, talk about dificulty, I stopped myself when I noticed those special monsters are killed in few hits and tought I would google if the difficulty will raise - people said that after skeleton king ( after the free part ) the game will get more challenging, alright than I said, killed that cringy cartoony king in 10 seconds ( mind you - game has set him up as some OP king that killed and ruled over all, but I smash my axe few times and hes pile of bones - impression totally ruined ).

As of now, I am in act 3 and not a single time of the game I felt the need to position myself, to run away from battle, not once did my health drop to a stage where I would even REMOTELY think I could somehow die. The game is INCREDIBLY easy, the MASSES of monsters that pile on you make no sence, because one hit and they are all down. I did read the topics here - wait for torment 20 and whatever, but guys, if you are a NEW PLAYER, you want your FIRST experience, FIRST playthrough to be challenging, to be at least somewhat hard, I do not want my 10th run to be hard, I doubt I will stay even for second, why is there not an option to set the difficulty to at least somewhat as normal diff in diablo 2? Where I would have died if I get swarmed, where a boss battle IS A BOSS battle. Bosses have a lot of mechanics, but they have no impact, the green guy in act 2 ( belial I think ) seemed really cool, there was poison on ground and what not, some ray....but what of it? When I literally in it I still do not die, I am confident to say that if I would have just auto attacked it and went to toilet, he would go down. Sure it is a challenge at that torment diff, but for a new player IT IS BORING. BORING. Was it boring when andariel stormed you in D2? Hell no, almost pissed myself.

Loot - constant and constant FLOW of loot, there is loot everywhere, after every smallest battle the floor is littered with loot, no need to sort my inventory, because inventory makes no sence, might as well give us a duffle bag, 2 handed axe is as big as 2 rings. Legendaries drop every 15 minutes, rare items are not rare, because they drop more often than those blue ones. When a yellow item dropped in diablo 2 you were like damn, let me quickly identify it because I am so curious what will it be!!!! Here? Grab all, complete 3 misions, go to town, switch gear, sell other sht, go back. Why is there even a blacksmith? Why should I bother smithing an item, which I will get better in the next mission from random zombie? You literally get an item to use it for 10 minutes. Too much loot - no sence of gearing up your character.

Levels - at around lvl 25 I stopped checking what I get, I stopped caring what rune I get, I stopped caring what perk or whatever it is I get - due to lack of challenge, I might just play with what I think looks cool. I lvl up so often and without any feel of challenge with little to no reward, in diablo 2 you would check that experience bar, yes, you wanted that extra strenght so you could equip your stored away weapon or you were super curious to try a new spell, but you had a dilema, should I lvl up this one, or that one? Or maybe I should put a point to a spell I already have....thinking, thinking. Now? Nah, fck you - here is bunch of stats we know is good for your class and you can just have all the spells you want, why would we make you make a decision.

This is my sum up of difficulty for A NEW PLAYER, I am no idiot and I realize that in the super hardest difficulty you have to choose your spells and gear up your character differently to be able to play properly, but for someone who just came to the game this is the MOST, THE MOST babysitted game I have EVER played.

Dissapointed.
It's been stated several times that campaign mode is way to easy now (I started playing the game in 2012 and things were a lot different then). When you can play adventure mode things get much better when you have up to T13 and greater rifts that scale much higher.
If you want difficulty immediately then start a season hero and experiment with the difficulty setting.
As Jazz said start a seasonal char and change the torment lvl from the start I have only been playing a few weeks but i enjoy seasonal more than normal.
The unfortunate side effect of how the game has evolved over the years is that it's stupid easy for the new players. I believe difficulties are open only up to Expert for the new players which is absolutely too low. This excessive easiness then gives an incorrect impression of the rest of the game.

If one wants some challenge, only the greater rifts really provide it. They scale well beyond the standard difficulty scale.
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/game/guide/gameplay/game-difficulty
    When you start up a game of Diablo III, you’ll be able to select the difficulty level you’d like to play on. By default, Normal, Hard, and Expert are available. You’ll unlock Master difficulty when any of your characters completes the game, and Torment difficulty when any of your characters reaches level 60.
As you've found out, due to years of power creep in gear / legendaries, the difficulty levels available to a new hero provide very little challenge. However, there is a way around this if you ask an existing max-level player to help for a few seconds. Whilst the maximum difficulty level of a game a new player can start is restricted, a max level player is able to open one at any difficulty level.

So, give a shout out in General Chat and ask if a level 70 player will make a Torment 6 difficulty game and invite you into it. They then leave the game which means you're now in a solo game at Torment 6 difficulty, which is the highest difficulty a non-70 can be in.

Rest assured, once you're level 70 there are lots of difficulty levels. Whilst open-world / bounties go up to Torment 13 there is a lot more challenge in Greater Rifts. GRs go up to rank 150, with GR60 being roughly equivalent of T13.
Campaign is more of a huge tutorial. If you need help later with gear add me. The diff comes after campain
Press ESC - game setting - raise diff to Max lvl you can get.

Don't worry about difficulty - later you will start getting one shot and BIS items are very much luck depending.

To be honest D3 launched many years ago so judge accordingly. It's still fun for me - if it's not for you then you know what to do.
I feel your pain. Biggest disappointment will be when you will realize, that paragon nr is only thing that matters in this game, but it is distant future for you :)
MIke
The thing about this game is that is not for everyone. The is only a few people that are happy with the way the game works. You are one of those people that doesn't like to grind the same thing over and over again I take it. You want to start the game and finish it as soon as possible and on the highest difficulty to make yourself feel good. Others that enjoy the grind just like doing it, for no apparent reason. I can sit there for a whole day and just grind away, doing the same thing over and over again, and come back again tomorrow.
I got bored with D3 quite soon and visit it again (now on ps4) for 1-3 months once every year to see what's new and to try something different with bad results. Year ago I were out of ideas or motivation, just for fun did try hardcore.
It was instantly twice as fascinating.
3/4 of games end before T13 but when you do Gr70 first time with constant fear of death, it feels more rewarding. I made SleetstormTwister-wizard (D2wind-druid) in S15 and Infinite-GrapOfDeath-Zuni -Witch Doctor in S16. 4 dead necromancers, two dead witch doctors, one dead crusader, barbarian and wizard... And dont even feel as bad as when they die in D2. This is one way to get something out of D3.
07/04/2019 19:26Posted by Kuola
I got bored with D3 quite soon and visit it again (now on ps4) for 1-3 months once every year to see what's new and to try something different with bad results. Year ago I were out of ideas or motivation, just for fun did try hardcore.
It was instantly twice as fascinating.
3/4 of games end before T13 but when you do Gr70 first time with constant fear of death, it feels more rewarding. I made SleetstormTwister-wizard (D2wind-druid) in S15 and Infinite-GrapOfDeath-Zuni -Witch Doctor in S16. 4 dead necromancers, two dead witch doctors, one dead crusader, barbarian and wizard... And dont even feel as bad as when they die in D2. This is one way to get something out of D3.

my fear is not in playing the game. my fear is that I know the game will crash for no apparent reason or I might lose internet connection.

both happened and in both cases died (luckily I was not playing HC)

after those random experiences, I will not play HC until it is fixed to shield you on ping loss (instant damage immunity when the game can not ping your pc)
You are somewhat right OP. I Myself wanted to start levling paragons from the start so I started the game with Asia-server and not only did I have to play through campaign to unlock adventure mode, I had to on expert difficulty and higher ones was locked ;( Such a boring grind...

Id say Jay Wilsons campaign was something better.
He stopped playing already he didnt even find out what The game is about
Its was 19 dollars how disappoint can you be.It would be like getting disappointed about a box of Kraft Dinner lol. Just play it if you don't like it wash it down the toilet :)
26/03/2019 09:02Posted by MaskedMasker

I do not want to talk here about the cartoonish graphics, lack of gore, overall feel that does not feel like diablo or the pretty lame way story is telled.

I want to however, talk about dificulty, I stopped myself when I noticed those special monsters are killed in few hits and tought I would google if the difficulty will raise - people said that after skeleton king ( after the free part ) the game will get more challenging, alright than I said, killed that cringy cartoony king in 10 seconds ( mind you - game has set him up as some OP king that killed and ruled over all, but I smash my axe few times and hes pile of bones - impression totally ruined ).

As of now, I am in act 3 and not a single time of the game I felt the need to position myself, to run away from battle, not once did my health drop to a stage where I would even REMOTELY think I could somehow die. The game is INCREDIBLY easy, the MASSES of monsters that pile on you make no sence, because one hit and they are all down. I did read the topics here - wait for torment 20 and whatever, but guys, if you are a NEW PLAYER, you want your FIRST experience, FIRST playthrough to be challenging, to be at least somewhat hard, I do not want my 10th run to be hard, I doubt I will stay even for second, why is there not an option to set the difficulty to at least somewhat as normal diff in diablo 2? Where I would have died if I get swarmed, where a boss battle IS A BOSS battle. Bosses have a lot of mechanics, but they have no impact, the green guy in act 2 ( belial I think ) seemed really cool, there was poison on ground and what not, some ray....but what of it? When I literally in it I still do not die, I am confident to say that if I would have just auto attacked it and went to toilet, he would go down. Sure it is a challenge at that torment diff, but for a new player IT IS BORING. BORING. Was it boring when andariel stormed you in D2? Hell no, almost pissed myself.

Loot - constant and constant FLOW of loot, there is loot everywhere, after every smallest battle the floor is littered with loot, no need to sort my inventory, because inventory makes no sence, might as well give us a duffle bag, 2 handed axe is as big as 2 rings. Legendaries drop every 15 minutes, rare items are not rare, because they drop more often than those blue ones. When a yellow item dropped in diablo 2 you were like damn, let me quickly identify it because I am so curious what will it be!!!! Here? Grab all, complete 3 misions, go to town, switch gear, sell other sht, go back. Why is there even a blacksmith? Why should I bother smithing an item, which I will get better in the next mission from random zombie? You literally get an item to use it for 10 minutes. Too much loot - no sence of gearing up your character.

Levels - at around lvl 25 I stopped checking what I get, I stopped caring what rune I get, I stopped caring what perk or whatever it is I get - due to lack of challenge, I might just play with what I think looks cool. I lvl up so often and without any feel of challenge with little to no reward, in diablo 2 you would check that experience bar, yes, you wanted that extra strenght so you could equip your stored away weapon or you were super curious to try a new spell, but you had a dilema, should I lvl up this one, or that one? Or maybe I should put a point to a spell I already have....thinking, thinking. Now? Nah, fck you - here is bunch of stats we know is good for your class and you can just have all the spells you want, why would we make you make a decision.

This is my sum up of difficulty for A NEW PLAYER, I am no idiot and I realize that in the super hardest difficulty you have to choose your spells and gear up your character differently to be able to play properly, but for someone who just came to the game this is the MOST, THE MOST babysitted game I have EVER played.

Dissapointed.

Oh shut the f*ck up already you beta soy boy. You think you can be spoon fed everything in your life? You need to manage your expectations and pull your head out of your !@#$ while you're at it. Go play Flappy Birds you self-entitled ultra-cuck millennial twink.
16/04/2019 06:15Posted by Hawkenheim
You think you can be spoon fed everything in your life?

Firstly, the OP already stopped playing. Secondly, the OP was complaining that the game was too easy, i.e. he was complaining precisely because he didn't want to be spoon fed.
26/03/2019 09:02Posted by MaskedMasker

Don't like the way the story is telled? What hack and slash do you prefer over D3?
LOL as if D1/D2 had any gore, just a few discolored pixels.

He obviously didn't try Whimsyshire with the ragdolling exploding unicorns. What a cuck.
I started D3 some years ago without an agenda or a grand plan. things can get very interesting if you don't expect
This thread is nearly 3 months old, pretty sure the OP has moved on...