staff of heardihng & gibbering gemstone

Console
I know its been an on going topic, but my girlfriend and I have been trying to get the staff of hearding plans and gibbering gemstone for 5 days straight and were both going a tad spare. I know he console has had a few issues but it had a patch not to long ago for PS4.

I was wondering if any one had any new information on this issue

yours
Swiftkill
Staff of herding plans are sometimes dropped by Izual (only found in campaign mode). The gemstone is a very rare drop from chiltara. Good luck.
12/04/2019 12:58Posted by EddieLMT
Staff of herding plans are sometimes dropped by Izual (only found in campaign mode). The gemstone is a very rare drop from chiltara. Good luck.

It was confirmed as fixed? I searched the forums and could only find posts from 2017 that it was broken and "it wasn't a priority to fix" but couldn't find nothing about a fix to the drop issue. Mind you that I've spent the last week trying to drop the gemstone and nothing. Got the plans, Mushroom and bell, but nothing of the gemstone.
12/04/2019 12:58Posted by EddieLMT

This is NOT true. The plans from Izual drop in adventure mode and always have done so for as long as I can remember.

With regards to the gibbering gemstone, it drops from Chiltara. Chiltara ONLY spawns in the caverns of frost (fields of slaughter waypoint). Caverns only spawn around 30-40% of the time for starters (if you see icefall caves, quit and restart the game and redo). Once you get a caverns of frost spawn, Chiltara only spawns probably every 25-35% at a rough guess. And then, roughly 1 in 100 Chiltara spawns will drop the gemstone. So, you're probably looking at 500+ runs.

Difficulty does not make a difference - drop rate is identical.

I've had the gibbering gemstone drop quite a few times (probably 6 or 7 of them over the past 3 years). Most of the times, I wasn't even looking for it, just doing a bounty.

If you think this is bad, don't go looking for Wirt's original leg...it's far rarer!
I got the drop in exactly 1 hour of gameplay. Not sure why some people take longer but it’s RNG and if you think that that stone is hard to drop or the plans wait for the beauty of having to run 600+ times the rainbow village to find the gummy bear.

Chiltara‘s training you for what is to come. She teaches you patience and persistence. Have fun!
Dave, i never realized they put Izual in adventure mode, i know before seasons, he was only able to be fought in campaign. Even icy veins says its not a 100% guaranteed drop from him.