Season 17 Conquests - Avarice / Avarita

General Discussion
The Avarice (SC) / Avarita (HC) conquests require a 50,000,000 gold streak.

Whilst it's possible to achieve these conquests by clearing mob-heavy maps such as "Not The Cow Level" whilst wearing a Boon of the Hoarder gem, that method relies to some extent on luck, and having had a trip to Greed's Vault to obtain the gem and level it up.

However, there is a slow but 100% sure way to get the conquest done that involves opening bounty caches. Ensure you dismiss your pet and that you stand still whilst opening them. Once you've opened all the caches, re-enable your pet and it will pick up the gold in a streak.

A T13 bounty cache contains 1,190,000 gold.
43 T13 caches contain enough gold to achieve the conquest.

A T14 bounty cache contains 1,440,000 gold.
35 T14 caches contain enough gold to achieve the conquest.

A T15 bounty cache contains 1,540,000 gold.
33 T15 caches contain enough gold to achieve the conquest.

A T16 bounty cache contains 1,640,000 gold.
31 T16 caches contain enough gold to achieve the conquest.
I've thought about making a topic about the three easiest conquests for season 17 (for Guardian and the Angelic Wings). From a softcore point of view Avarice and The Thrill (gr 45 without set items equipped) are obvious. But what about the third? Sprinter (act 1 to 5 in campaign in less than an hour, at any difficulty), or Years of War (gr 55 with 6 sets)? Or go for the third conquest in hardcore: Super Human (the same as The Thrill) or Avarita...?
years of war is the easy one since they buffed all sets last patch
13/05/2019 15:26Posted by Jazz
I've thought about making a topic about the three easiest conquests for season 17 (for Guardian and the Angelic Wings).

On the PTR I did the solo GR45 with no set items on both SC and HC (which is incredibly easy due to the season theme of a free LoN buff) and Avarice on SC so I'll probably do the same on live.
Both are good answers depending on how and how much you're gonna invest in season. Could be fun to try hardcore for a while.
Years of War needs to be done with at least two lvl 70 characters of different classes right? I've not actually had to do that conquest before, i bet there will be a lot of people asking for level and gear boosts next season because of this.
14/05/2019 14:27Posted by Noodles
Years of War needs to be done with at least two lvl 70 characters of different classes right?

Yes, you need to do solo GR55s with the full bonuses of six different set armour sets so you need at least two hero classes to accomplish that but any combination of classes / sets works.

Personally I still think a GR45 solo with no set items on HC is a better alternative. I think it only took me a few hours to get that one on PTR. Obviously the massive 2000% legendary drop rate helped, but it was more to do with the free LoN bonus where just a couple of ancients is essentially the same as some of the set bonuses in terms of damage.
If Sprinter was easy to do once you had a build with appropriate speed and damage (damage doesn't have to be high since you can do it on normal) then it would be the obvious choice because you can use the same hero for all three conquests. But I've never done more than two conquests before and never the demanding ones.

BTW season 17 is up on D3 journeytracker:
https://d3resource.com/journey/
well i opened 35 t16 caches and nothing happened... is it maybe i opened it in base? or?
13/05/2019 11:08Posted by Meteorblade
Ensure you dismiss your pet and that you stand still whilst opening them. Once you've opened all the caches, re-enable your pet and it will pick up the gold in a streak.
20/05/2019 03:40Posted by Medivh
well i opened 35 t16 caches and nothing happened... is it maybe i opened it in base? or?

The most likely reason you didn't get the streak is that you didn't dismiss your pet before starting to open the caches or you moved your hero which is why my advice was very specific about dismissing your pet and standing still before opening the caches.
As a side note, hasn't there been a few cases where the pet gets stuck once it's equipped so that it stops collecting gold? Therefore it might be a good idea to move a bit around yourself when the gold collecting begins.
20/05/2019 08:05Posted by Jazz
As a side note, hasn't there been a few cases where the pet gets stuck once it's equipped so that it stops collecting gold? Therefore it might be a good idea to move a bit around yourself when the gold collecting begins.

I guess it's possible but I did this method yesterday. Dismissed my pet, opened the caches, went to re-enable my pet and had the streak before I could even close the window where I'd selected my pet. Did it in Act I.
20/05/2019 07:26Posted by Meteorblade

The most likely reason you didn't get the streak is that you didn't dismiss your pet before starting to open the caches or you moved your hero which is why my advice was very specific about dismissing your pet and standing still before opening the caches.
well, the thing is i did dismiss my pet that’s why i’m baffled of how it didn’t work.
Did you notice the gold counter in the lower right hand corner of the screen? Do you have any idea that you reached the 50 million or not? There have been instances when season achievements were bugged for some (or all) players.

Anyways you should be able to get it done by getting a bovine bardiche and do a cow run with a boon of the hoarder.
well i collected another 35 t16 caches and it worked now. weird it didn’t work the first time but i can now confirm that the methode does work. and yes it better to turn off the pet first then reenable it.
make sure you don't have companion ferret skill - they pickup gold also similar to the pets...
Avarace, with bounty cashe. Do not forget to wear a level 50 boom of the hoarder gem.
22/05/2019 18:22Posted by pUreWarrior
Avarace, with bounty cashe. Do not forget to wear a level 50 boom of the hoarder gem.

Yeah man, cause when you kill 'em caches they gonna xplode with gooold!
As my attempts with Boon of the Hoarder are failing miserably, guess I have to try to do Avarice with the bounty method. Bugger.