Paragon 1000+ in season 17

General Discussion
Hi,

Can anyone be so kind and explain to me how come some people are already paragon 1000+ in Season 17? I mean it takes me weeks to even hit 800+ How do people do this and what magic do they use?

Thanks
Katenip
Botting, most likely.
No it's from group play and good strategies and non stop playing.
Levelling as a 4-man.
Running NRs as a 4-man.
Rat-runs and GR pushing as a 4-man.
I would imagine those players probably have over 48 hours played so far.
There's no magic involved, just people grinding.

Myself and 2 friends have been running 3 wizards playing pretty casually, and gotten to about 800p at this point.

It's just a matter of optimizing your playtime.
I have never played in 4-man groups. Being a solo player nowadays (have only played in 2-man groups earlier), botting seemed more likely to me than anything else. But I suppose that it's mostly for solo players, if the extra exp you're getting in a 4-man group is that much higher.
With ratruns you have no issues hitting 1k+ paragon under 20hrs of new season.
20/05/2019 10:27Posted by Nighinn
if the extra exp you're getting in a 4-man group is that much higher.

Whilst the 30% extra XP from the Strength in Numbers buff in a 4-man helps, it's more to do with the composition of the group enabling them to do content many, many times faster than solo players, and at much higher GR levels.

By this time in the season, there'll be players doing 2-3 minute rat-runs of GR100+ for hours at a time and that's a huge amount of XP / paragon. Then they'll run 4-man META GR push groups for gem-ups and Caldesann's. It's not even vaguely comparable to what a solo player can achieve.
20/05/2019 10:38Posted by Meteorblade

Whilst the 30% extra XP from the Strength in Numbers buff in a 4-man helps, it's more to do with the composition of the group enabling them to do content many, many times faster than solo players, and at much higher GR levels.

By this time in the season, there'll be players doing 2-3 minute rat-runs of GR100+ for hours at a time and that's a huge amount of XP / paragon. Then they'll run 4-man META GR push groups for gem-ups and Caldesann's. It's not even vaguely comparable to what a solo player can achieve.

Thanks for explaining it in a simple way for stupid people like me. :)
20/05/2019 12:21Posted by Nighinn
20/05/2019 10:38Posted by Meteorblade

Thanks for explaining it in a simple way for stupid people like me. :)

Yeah more people don't only have the plain xp buff like meteor said they have faster completion speed then a solo player can achieve in same kind of rifts.
imagine a solo player vs 4 players in a rift with the jail as floor.

the four players will split up and kill mobs on their own each filling a part of the bar. so they will fill it up about 3.5 times faster Thus they can do 3.5 nephalems in the time it takes for a solo to do 1.

After they farmed their keys it is the same for greater rifts. Splitting up. ending up getting the gr boss faster.

And that is not even taking into consideration with how much higher they can push. Cause a good group profits of each other buffs. And unlike solo players if you want to push high as solo player if you have nemesis bracers on you lose out on a good damage buff, cause other bracers give a good damage buff. while in gr that effect is lessened by the others still having the damage buff from good bracers even if you run with nemesis. They can kill the elites you summon from pylons still pretty fast then.

There are rare exceptions of floors where with more players it is hard to split up like if you have a rift floor with only one way without splits a group of four would not gain much extra speed.
Rat runs. Actually 1000 is kinda low if an organised group has been playing together since Friday. I would imagine some people are well over 1200 by now. I'm 750 and I started a day late, playing solo and very casual.
Ok, sorry for being dumb, I have looked at icy-veins for builds etc.

If I understand Rat, that means with the season buff the gear. So no set items. I for once am level 700 now only, been running 4 mans for the most part but not in a organized group. However I don't have anything at Ancient level yet. We do push 90's. Are you saying that 100's give so much more xp that you can actually get para 1000 in 48 hours? I mean only now we can push 90's. Sure i helped my buddies get to 70 and all but we have farmed so many rifts at T16 and that is the best way as far as I am concerned to get gear since more drop there then in Greater Rifts. So I do not understand how you are able to do all this in 48 hours. I wish there was a video or a live stream where someone can actually prove this. Or on the other hand what would you suggest is the ultimate 4 man setup to achieve this??

Thanks for all the advise guys
28/05/2019 08:25Posted by Katenip
If I understand Rat, that means with the season buff the gear. So no set items.

Rat-Runs
1 Support Barb
1 Support Necro
2 Damage Necros
The "Rat" part comes from a shortening of Rathma, the set the damage Necros will be using in the group.

zNecro Guide (but explains all the group)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GOB365sKEg

https://www.diablofans.com/builds/98469-zesty-znec-best-how-to-rat-znec-guide-video-gr-95
had a guy in public bounties yesterday from HYBRIDS clan with para 1862 and avg of 20 hours a day since season start so most of them are just disgusting !@#$%^- botters
Weeks???

Took me a few days to reach paragon ~600 with just a few hours per day. 100% solo. Not joining anyone's game or having anyone join my game.

I also got lucky, got several ancients in quick succession.
Thanks, i will have a look at it.

Weeks: Yes last season it took me weeks to get close to 800, I was finished with season at about para 600 but getting close to 800 was a hell of a grind.(solo wave of light monk) getting past 90 GR (solo) was impossible for me as you just can't get to kill mobs and never mind elites.
You can really get to paragon 1000 within the first 24 hours.. i usually get to 800 by the first 24 hours no group play. But i have no life sooo.. there u have it
19/05/2019 19:13Posted by Katenip
Hi,
Can anyone be so kind and explain to me how come some people are already paragon 1000+ in Season 17?

It's been said; playing in groups mostly. And investing lots of time. One guy in my clan is already at ~1200P, and he surely is not a botter. But these people play (and have the time to) many more hours like we do.

19/05/2019 19:13Posted by Katenip
I mean it takes me weeks to even hit 800+

Yes, I'm just below 800 at the moment. I can do GR75-80 solo in "bruising" style (= not dying more than once/twice). But I've levelled a support monk, and with that I can do GR100+ with a clan group. With no augments yet.
They play 4 mans do gr 100+ im mean not alone rats but wiz this season is sick group them with a z monk...game over. It doesn't have to be meta wiz I built to move and keep archon up d3 is now chase the Wizards lol.
As they explained how it apparently is possible (Monday i was doing split bounties with somebody in the group that was P1311 already).

I still think the group bonuses and especially how they synergies with each other is by far out of line to people who occasionally group up for example in the evening with friends.
That is at least if you think those players should compete on the same leaderboard.

I guess i don't need to explain the synergy where you get more loot and XP bonus + being able to do higher GR's by default and how that all amplify each other.
Just for a more fun for everybody they could break that synergy somewhere