Pause in Diablo III ?

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13
.. or you just run 2 rooms back and AFK.
... aaaand there's now pause in private solo games.

Good day and good night, people.

Diablo: IncGamers, for source.
This vid seems legit too if someone has doubts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw-s5ugpp8U

I hope this makes it into release, solely for the purpose of being able to say 'in your face' to a few people form this thread. I guess now a lot of children will get burned to cinders.
How the combat would be like if you could pause it? So no, there can't be a pause.

Situation you describe is bad only for Hardcore, what to say... it is Diablo time... forget on me:) Otherwise death means just a bit of gold if I'm correct, who cares? It is not like somebody rings you every other 10 minutes. You can probably run out of the battle with mouse and talking to a phone in other hand. It should not be a problem. Just keep you mobile close to you when you are playing.
24/02/2012 14:52Posted by Mannanan
So no, there can't be a pause.

It has been stealth added with patch 13. So yes, there already IS a pause.

EDIT: As to how it works - exactly in the same way in any other single player game.
The game pauses whenever you hit esc and bring up the menu. Most likely this will only work in games where you are the only player.

There is no pause function in Diablo III.

If you need to take a break from playing, the best idea is probably to go back to town.

Methinks you need to play the beta some more master Dwarf. :P

Edit:
And why isn't quoting working properly?
Yes, when you are alone in a game and hit ESC it's a pause.
Indigo is speaking the truth, everyone else shouldn't be posting.
24/02/2012 22:15Posted by momentoiya
Indigo is speaking the truth, everyone else shouldn't be posting.

Blizz would like to have a word with you.
There is no pause function in Diablo III.

If you need to take a break from playing, the best idea is probably to go back to town.

Me, I dont care, i wont be playing HC. But i guess there is a couple of people disappointed about this.

Judging by the wording of the response, the implications are pretty clear: "If you are not actively playing, go back to town and log off, so that we dont have our servers and bandwidth hogged". Now THAT is a disappointing response from those who advocated online-only as best thing for the player.

Nah, it seems more likely that it's "if you're not going to be controlling your character because you're going to be afk for 30mins or so then we will not give you the opportunity to stop game-play for the other 1 - 3 people in the same game"

I guess all the people that want a multi-player pause believe the world revolves around them...
Nah, it seems more likely that it's "if you're not going to be controlling your character because you're going to be afk for 30mins or so then we will not give you the opportunity to stop game-play for the other 1 - 3 people in the same game"

I guess all the people that want a multi-player pause believe the world revolves around them...

And if you have spent any time reading the post and researching game you would know that pause is already in the game, and that it is only available in solo private games, so it doesnt affect anyone except the player. But i guess its better to spout nonsense and attack others.
realy, we get a blue to this post? SERIOUSLY?!?! a frikkin " can i paseu a online game" thread?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?`
...And if you have spent any time reading the post and researching game...

Where's the fun in that?

...But i guess its better to spout nonsense and attack others.

it sure is!