Collector's Edition contents query.

General Discussion
Hello,

Please be so kind as to clarify a few things for me:

1) What is the purpose of the skull base? It looks cool but i have an impaired imagination..

"Call forth glowing angel wings, unfurl an exclusive banner, and dye your armor sets with the Bottled Cloud or Bottled Smoke items."

2)Are the dyes infinite or a limited amount per character/account?
3)Also do the angel wings occupy an item slot and are they thus unusable in combat without reducing stats for people planning to play hardcore like me?
4) Is the banner an in-game item (slot?) or is it related to the banner on the profile?

Thanks in advance.
The skull has a slot for the Soulstone USB if you look carefully at the forehead.

Couldn't tell you about the others.
4) Is the banner an in-game item (slot?) or is it related to the banner on the profile?

its not an ingame slot, its related to the banner in the profile (same banner for all ur charaters, playing hardcore,pvp, ect all add to the same banner)
2 down 2 to go ;)
Thanks to those contributing. I think the quantity of the dyes is what most people are concerned with tho.
3. How would the wings effect your gameplay in any way? They are for pure estetics.

Thing unkown atm is if they are a permanent look (for ex u put it in a slot and it's permanently visible even during fights, and being enabled or disabled via some hotkey) or will it be like an emoticon (for ex u type /dance and the wings appear for a short time).

That nobody knows, but be 100% sure that nothing cosmetic will ever effect your gameplay, it's just down to u if u like them or not, but tehnically they don't effect u.
2 down 2 to go ;)
Thanks to those contributing. I think the quantity of the dyes is what most people are concerned with tho.

I'm personally curious about the wings as well. If they actually consume the shoulder slot, they'd be worthless. Or maybe they're someone you enchant a shoulder item with, in which case would the item only have 1 charge to be used on one item?

Very interesting indeed.
I suspect it'll be similar to how it works with WoW and pets, every time you make a new char, you get a dye/wings etc for each one. Couldn't guess as to whether the dye is infinite though =/
There seems to be an increasing number of threads on the issue both here and on fan forums so keeping my fingers crossed for a blue post soon :3
To be honest...i don't think even blizzard knows what to do with them. I think they just showed off the cool art for them, but they have yet to decide how they would work.

I say that because it would be in their own interest to brag about the wings more, being the coolest ingame feature u get for Diablo
Just for the record, just watched an interview with JW and they mentioned a function where you can drop your flag in-game. Its just for fun, however it should make the CE banner more desirable to some extent imo.
Still nothing from the blues?
Come on, we want to know!
I believe i read somewhere that the wings will be a Cooldown Item
27/10/2011 14:52Posted by ThePirate
I suspect it'll be similar to how it works with WoW and pets, every time you make a new char, you get a dye/wings etc for each one. Couldn't guess as to whether the dye is infinite though =/
Make character. Put dye in shared box. Infinite dye!
29/10/2011 20:17Posted by Anvanya
Make character. Put dye in shared box. Infinite dye!

And infinite wings! When you reach 100 wings you gain the infinity flight ability, which suppons tyrael and crash dives on the enemies.

/trollface
I wish I could get this excited about some visual that does nothing more then tells other ppl that your either a class A neerd and/or got a few Euros to spare :P

well, we are all different :)
Community Manager Bashiok answers taken from a german fansite:
The CE dyes are infinite in their use. Keep them forever, dye as much stuff as you want “Cloud” or “Smoke” colored. The colors are unique to the CE.
The wings are an item you hold in your inventory (don’t take up an equipment slot on your character), and it’s a toggle. Use to turn on, use again to turn off. They’re awesome looking, and stack with other class effects like Shadow Power and Archon.

Updated my previous post with “It’s 1 per *character* you create. You can’t drop or trade them, and can’t sell them on the AH, of course.”

ah.. and not to forget:
<br /> <br /><br />[<br /> <br /><br />[<br /> <br /><br />[<br /> <br /><br />[<br /> <br /><br />[<br /> <br /><br />[<br /> <br /><br />[<br /> <br /><br />[<br /> <br /><br />[<br /> <br /><br />[<br /> <br /><br />[<br /> <br /><br />[
... god i hate it so much..
The wings you keep in your bag, and you click them to have them activated or not, atleast that's what I heard in an interview somewhere, cant remember which one.
Hello,

Please be so kind as to clarify a few things for me:

1) What is the purpose of the skull base? It looks cool but i have an impaired imagination..

"Call forth glowing angel wings, unfurl an exclusive banner, and dye your armor sets with the Bottled Cloud or Bottled Smoke items."

3)Also do the angel wings occupy an item slot and are they thus unusable in combat without reducing stats for people planning to play hardcore like me?

Thanks in advance.

1: for USB port
2: unlimited, have your gear dyed before dyes could even get dropped
3: they will have their own special slot, like nephalant cube, stone of recall and other item
4: what banner? O,o
27/10/2011 14:23Posted by Simko

The skull is used as something for housing your USB key. It's not necessarily practical, but I happen to think it looks wicked ;)

The dyes that you receive as a part of the Collectors Edition have unlimited usage, so feel free to use them as much as you want.

The wings are actually just an item that sits in your inventory which you can enable or disable at will. They have no timer and do not need to be equipped :)