[SPOILER] Third time in hell, fourth in heaven

General Discussion
*SPOILER TOPIC*

As the title says, this is the third time we will enter the pits of hell.
However, i watched some of the "loading screens" that was leaked, or released, or whatever they were. And what I found was that the act IV loading screens were that of heaven. Or rather, very angelic like architecture, which leads me to believe the fourth act will be in heaven.

*Speculation area*

If the 4th act is in heaven, i'd say it has something to do with tyrael. As one of the arch angels that support the existance of humans on sanctuary he has some problems to face now that the world stone is destroyed.
Since some of the archangels dont like them to begin with, most of them will probably be down right open aggressive towards humans now that nothing supresses their "nephlem" powers.

My guess is that somehow, depending on who is diablo (my research points toward Leah),
Tyrael will probably rebell against heaven or something like that -or he will be corrupt and attack it, leaving the hero in charge to save heaven - . Considering the slogan for D3 is "and the heavens shall tremble" kind of hints that something will be going on there.
And i guess the reason even the angels have to turn towards the hero for help, is because he has awakened his "nephplem" powers, and therefore can overpower the prime evils, and if my speculation turns out correct, even the angels.

Since that is what they say about the use of the worldstone, it's use it to suppress the human innate powers from their nephlem days.

Anyway *speculation done*

I think act IV will take place in heaven, what do you think?
First of all you should have named the topic with SPOILER.
Anyway, your theories might be correct since looking at the boss'es it is not hard to come to this conclusions.
SPOILER:
http://media.diablofans.com/images/news/2011/november/bosswindow2.jpg
Datamined info states something towards "rescuing tyrael", sounds to me he is in one way or the other trapped, also he is the one angel that has all the love for humankind and wouldnt do anything towards harming them.

Seems like the only ones that really hates the nephalem are the 2 badasses, the others havent really any major hate for them as far as i can tell.

its hinted at the Diablo form we have seen in pictures now is hes real form meaning he doesnt need a vessel to exist in that form, i would rather picture hes pure soul being drawn out into the real world from the Black Abyss, using the Black Soulstone as a medium.

The worldstone also prevented any major demons and angels to pass freely into the realm, not to supress nephalem powers. (the heroes are nephalem? XD)

Maybe not in heaven,but something similar, my guess is like
Act1: Going too,and in Monestaries
Act2: Deserts and marshlands (and the temple of Zolton Kulle)
Act3: Bastion Keep
Act4: Somewhere along the lines of heaven, but i cant find out how Diablo would be realated to heaven, maybe a guardian sactuary place for the black abyss or something XD
Grabek: hmm, that post made me think...Well, we definetly dont know what happends to Adria after all..
For me the most interest is Imperius and what is he up to, since he looks like bad a** :)

#ot
i think topic should be move to Story
Grabek:

Well, its quite obvious that he hates all of mankind, im pretty sure he would like to decapitate you if you cross hes path, i just hope that the fight is more than awesome.

In the QA interwiew with lore he has apparently killed millions of demons, so he should be pretty brutal XD
03/12/2011 08:47Posted by Grabek
First of all you should have named the topic with SPOILER.

Yeah, my misstake.
Fairly new to forums etc.
I probably should have posted this in the story section aswell.

03/12/2011 08:52Posted by VeNoM
The worldstone also prevented any major demons and angels to pass freely into the realm, not to supress nephalem powers. (the heroes are nephalem? XD)

Yep, but as i said, it was just speculation. The reason i think the hero(es) have awakened their nephalem powers is - how else would the hero(es) be able to kill the prime evils? :) -

Maybe not in heaven,but something similar, my guess is like
Act1: Going too,and in Monestaries
Act2: Deserts and marshlands (and the temple of Zolton Kulle)
Act3: Bastion Keep
Act4: Somewhere along the lines of heaven, but i cant find out how Diablo would be realated to heaven, maybe a guardian sactuary place for the black abyss or something XD

Given that there is almost no info of the black soulstone, we can only guess about it's use. I do think it has something to do with diablo, i don't however think that he will use it to enter niether sanctuary or "the lines of heaven".

Since the pact between heaven and hell is now broken, i think another all out war will start, with both sides free to destroy sanctuary if they want. And with the spoiler info Grabek gave with his picture (given that those bosses are actually verified) Imperius wil be one of the bosses, and also an event called "battle for the high heavens".
I think that you will actually enter the high heavens chasing after diablo (since he, according to the picture posted is a boss of act 4), and by killing him you save sanctuary from an invasion of angels.
I base this with the reasoning that since Imperius will be a boss, an arch angel with considerable respect in the Angiris Council, means that most angels will be abit negative towards the ongowing existance of sanctuary, because i don't think he would act against the will of the council
Does that sound logical?
Just note, that the picture that I showed is not Bosses but important locations in Diablo3, so Imperius probably is not the boss (ok, he is a boss of heavens...) as Adria (both are on the screen).
There are 4 bosses. More leaed info with fresh description of Butcher's role you can find here:

## SPOILER ##
http://www.diablowiki.net/Butcher
I vaguely remember slaying the butcher...
Who is this evil man resurrecting him?!

Pay no heed, read the wiki.
if i where to take a guess from after seeing the picture, i couldnt happend to notice "Adrias betrayal" also and even after killing azmodan and proccuring the black soulstone.

My guess is that Adria convinces you that she should keep the soulstone and then releases Diablo (probebly because she has been captured and corrupted by evil) as a grand act of betrayal.

The soulstone is somehow a "key" to the black abyss as far as i belive.

Now with the current prime evils dead (after azmodan) the angels plan to invade sanctuary to "cleanse" it from all of mankind, and the heroes decides to deal with the leader of this idea (Imperious) and pre-emptive strike him down before the invasion starts.

However while doing this Adria summons the true Diablo using the Soulstone, and Diablo himself sets out for the true Worldstone (they kinda explained it vaguely that the worldstone couldnt be destroyed...kinda <.<) and that is where you will end him once and for all before he attains the power of ultimate creation.
However while doing this Adria summons the true Diablo using the Soulstone, and Diablo himself sets out for the true Worldstone (they kinda explained it vaguely that the worldstone couldnt be destroyed...kinda <.<)

So how will diablo destroy something that can't be destroyed? The lore masters at blizzcon said that the world stone could not be entirely destroyed, just like "the spine of heaven" cannot.

Going further it seems that the battle between the high heavens and the burning hells would last forever. Since the black abyss will keep spawning demons, and the spine of heaven will keep creating (singing?) angels. Since the angels are made of music and light.
Since none of these "organs" can be destroyed they seem to be pretty much locked in a never endnig war.
I agree with you on the fact that Inarius will probably try to cleanse sanctuary though. The pact was that none was to intervene on sanctuary. But now that tyrael destroyed the worldstone the pact is broken. Hence Inarius will probably find it in heavens best interest to cleanse the humans before enough generations have passed so the "nephalem powers" have manifested in humankind.
Never said he would destroy the worldstone did i? i only said he will se out for it to obtain the power of all creation.

(i was talking about the one that got destroyed by Tyrael in D2, so Diablo is heading for the real one that we have no idea where it is, to either corrupt it or simply use it to make worlds of hes own, The previous prime evils didnt even want to destroy it, they just wanted to corrupt it so i doubt Diablo even wants to destroy it)

U sure its not Imperious who wants to do the cleansing? probebly him AND Inarius though =P
I've only heard about one worldstone. The one that tyrael destroyed was never fully destroyed was it?

Hehe, i guess all the arch angels who oppose humankind will be unified.

But i still wonder abit if Diablo will find a vessel or if he will materialize on sanctum through some use of the black soulstone.
Perhaps the blackstoulstone has the power to corrupt angels? If so that would explain how diablo can enter heaven.
Crescent

In the Lore panel on blizzard they where kinda hinting that a worldstone can never truly be destroyed.

Well,hes soul is in the black abyss, and no worldstone to prevent him from coming back to sanctuary,but you need to get him from the abyss first and once hes souls is free he is now able to go to sanctuary without a vessel (wich the worldstone forced them to do if they wanted to affect our world)
03/12/2011 08:52Posted by VeNoM

Actually Venom, that's not correct. It started out with demons and angels not being able to pass but later Inarius imbued it with the powers to weaken the Nephalem.
http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Worldstone

Back to topic..
How awesome would an act IV be, all white and glowing. There's nothing more I love when you really mix demons and angels. (also why I love the newer seasons of Supernatural) Games that generally have demons never focus too much on angels and I can't seem to figure out why? There's such a rich story there to really be exploited, but its like its too taboo when it comes to the heavens. I wouldn't mind seeing a game that showed prelude to Lucifer being cast into hell by Michael :)
But anyways, sounds awesome, another reason to really want diablo to come out NOW! :D
03/12/2011 11:25Posted by Dállas
Games that generally have demons never focus too much on angels and I can't seem to figure out why? There's such a rich story there to really be exploited, but its like its too taboo when it comes to the heavens. I wouldn't mind seeing a game that showed prelude to Lucifer being cast into hell by Michael :)

I totally agree with you, that would be a cool game, where you show sataniel (lucifer) before he made an uprising against god. That would be a really cool game if you did it right. Might make a game like it as my first when i become a game developer ;).

03/12/2011 10:23Posted by VeNoM
In the Lore panel on blizzard they where kinda hinting that a worldstone can never truly be destroyed.

Thats what i said Venom. The world stone can never truly be destroyed, that's why diablo can't set out to search for it since he already knows it has it's roots on the barbarian mountain.

Dállas

Do you think you will make an attack on heaven itself or do you think Imperius is the only "bad" angel?
Interesting topic, Go on.
03/12/2011 12:09Posted by Crescent
Do you think you will make an attack on heaven itself or do you think Imperius is the only "bad" angel?

Well, Imperius is an archangel alot looks up to, so if he could get Tyrael outcast then it could be something like that. It could even be something in the lines of Supernatural, with angels siding with Tyrael and some with Imperius, either way, I truly hope there will be some chaos in heaven, that would be EPIC. I just LOVE angellic stories.

03/12/2011 12:09Posted by Crescent
I totally agree with you, that would be a cool game, where you show sataniel (lucifer) before he made an uprising against god.

Exactly, that would be so freaking awesome. In a game where you could choose side, either with Lucifer or with God in which it didn't necessarily have to be God that wins :P Either way, I know there's a lot on content for some awesome games. It would also be awesome to play as an angel like Michael or Lucifer, 2 characters with MASSIVE powers.
Yeah.

I would like some more people to give their thoughts about act 4 in heaven. If it's probable etc.
Act 4 Heaven. I think its rather cool to fight in heaven instead of hell.

Diablo 1 was hell
Diablo 2 was hell
Diablo 3 heaven

And the heavens shall tremble.