[SPOILER] Third time in hell, fourth in heaven

General Discussion
I still think it would be badass if Belial, the lord of lies and deception - had killed or othervice impersonated Tyrael by taking his form.

Lord of deception infiltrating heaven. Now THAT is a story twist!
Tehnichly the worldstone was "warped, or veiled to sanctuary from bastion keep so it kinda exists there but not" it seems all pretty much confusing. and if act 4 is supposed to be in heaven (maybe bastion keep?) Diablo maybe enters the world from the place where the Worldstone got shattered as the "folds of reality are weaker there,allowing demons and angels to pass through there freely" and maybe he is after the one that still is sitting snugly hidden away still guarded by bastion keep?

Im pretty damn sure the Belial on the other hand has posessed the prince child. and since we kill belial in act 2 well...
Maybe not in heaven,but something similar, my guess is like
Act1: Going too,and in Monestaries
Act2: Deserts and marshlands (and the temple of Zolton Kulle)
Act3: Bastion Keep
Act4: Somewhere along the lines of heaven, but i cant find out how Diablo would be realated to heaven, maybe a guardian sactuary place for the black abyss or something XD

Or perhaps we will enter Purgatory?
Ouroboros

Belial dies in act 2, but it would be cool indead.

Venom

From what i've seen/heard on the act 2 story is that belial hides behind the scenes and use the sultan child to enforce his will.

What you said about diablos entrance from the area where the worldstone sounds solid though. I do wonder however what will happen in bastion keep then? What will we find there? Since bastion keep is act 3. What will transpire there that will lead you to heaven? Will the worldstone somehow lead you there? Or will tyrael guide you since you appear to rescue him in act 1/2. Alot of questions i would love answers to, unfortunately I will probably not know until i got the CE in my hand and my CE skull right next to my mousepad ^^.
My theory on that is that the angel council have found out where the actual worldstone is, and probebly intended to take it into heaven to safeguard it, and Diablo is going there for the stone for himself, we probebly wont find the stone in Bastion anyhow as its act 3.

Well, we will have to wait and see XD
Diablo is gonna be sick
03/12/2011 18:16Posted by GorillaINC
Diablo is gonna be sick

Indeed
I think diablo will be sicker than ever, considering that this time it will most likely be his true form, and not weakened by a vessel.

Considering btw -
In diabo 2 you fight him in hell, shouldn't he at his full strength then?
Wasnt there a stone on his head empowered with his soul? Maybe the stone was a lesser stone or something.
yeah true, he used a vessel in diablo 2, so maybe that weakened him ?
First of all you should have named the topic with SPOILER.
Anyway, your theories might be correct since looking at the boss'es it is not hard to come to this conclusions.
SPOILER:
http://media.diablofans.com/images/news/2011/november/bosswindow2.jpg

Can it really be considered a spoiler though?
The guy just took available information (loading screens) and made guesses/assumptions on that. I'm not sure if that can be considered spoilers.

Just look at the all the facts pointing towards these points too:

- This is the first time, lore-wise we've had massive High Heavens / Archangel information. Not only lore-panels at blizzcon with significant fleshing out of the of the characters like:

Auriel
Imperius
Yaerius
Hadriel
etc.

We also were told specifically the Book of Cain has significant High-Heavens information and Archangel information. Several people have early copies of the book and have said so online also.

There are also several other aspects you can draw conclusions from, including the jocular Unicorn etc.

The fact the in the Beta the "star" fell from the sky. Rather than having come from below.

Infact a large portion of the information we've seen or can deduce indicates at the very least the High Heavens have a significant part to play in Diablo 3. Including not only loading screens, lore, or deductive reasoning applied to what we know has happened, but also posts and twitter from Blizzard employees: "The heavens shall tremble..." - Bashiok on the Diablo anniversary.

It would be a spoiler if he some-how had facts to back this up, and/or data-mined information. However as far as I can see it is / was only a theory he posted.

Personally my theory is along the lines of his, Leah becomes possesed / Diablo. Or that Leah is working towards bringing Diablo back, as for some reason, it's required for what-ever is planned.

Cain is revealed to actually be either working with or for an Archangel, is actually revealled to be one himself like:

Malthael the Archangel of Wisdom
or
Perhaps Itherael the Archangel of Balance
Explaining his long life / knowledge and passivity.

I take this from the fact: You meet him next to the "star". It fell from the sky, not below. We have all the lore/reference material for archangels now, along with we've seen the "blacksoulstone trailer".

Although, it's impossible to know anything for sure. Pretty much everything is speculation apart from the data-mined information. However from what i've heard on podcasts, without looking that up the "heaven" theory seems to be almost certain, currently.
Icon

It's true what you say, and you've started me going on another question.

The "star" that fell? Since it came from above, did it come from heaven, or did it come from "space"? If space exist in the fictional universe of sanctuary.

If it did come from heaven then what would that mean? The start of an invasion of angels ?
Demonic influance in heaven? A demon trapped in heaven that has escaped? What did the meteor contain?
Got another question I would like answered or at least it's something I would likek to discuss with you guys

The last three games has evovled around hell and the deamons that come from there, and we have spent time destroying og capturing those deamons, to me it seems like heavens has the upper hand in this so far.

so the thing is what happens if one of the sides win over the other, or is it even posible?
and do you think that the chance that the Nephalem could get there powers back could have some sort of effect on the whole power circle that I think there is in The world of Diablo
Got another question I would like answered or at least it's something I would likek to discuss with you guys

The last three games has evovled around hell and the deamons that come from there, and we have spent time destroying og capturing those deamons, to me it seems like heavens has the upper hand in this so far.

so the thing is what happens if one of the sides win over the other, or is it even posible?
and do you think that the chance that the Nephalem could get there powers back could have some sort of effect on the whole power circle that I think there is in The world of Diablo

If one "side" take out the others "side", the humans are dead :)
Cain is revealed to actually be either working with or for an Archangel, is actually revealled to be one himself like:

Malthael the Archangel of Wisdom
or
Perhaps Itherael the Archangel of Balance
Explaining his long life / knowledge and passivity.

His long life, isn't that because he's one of those immortal mages?
He is a horadrim sage, i don't know if that has anything to do with his long life though. Doesn't mention anything about it in wiki or any other sites i've seen.

Angelic alliance might be a reason for his long life, or perhaps he's just a mortal man with exceptional long lifespan.
Then again, how many years has it been since diablo 1 and now with number 3? I mean in game wise.. I think he's just an old man
Great post Icon ;-)
And thank you, Venom and Crescent for you fun and informative posts.

Actually, the idea to enter Heaven in Diablo series has been proposed before, by the original founders of the Diablo series, the Blizzard North:

http://www.mediafire.com/?x6dtzm1ort2vavp,a8qr9xrwny25jeq,6wl0ze2mlcrjqyz,o6lhpcmo5fw79p8,vu349xq8r684s1m,v12a1rzxv0o7p7u,0s1ho4si91evdp9,1jr86toy8zftbfi,cazzimme3ap70um,hvc654u4ra02ftt,5ew6kij46lkmfmo,dubjxmfmdiegkl3,w1fij747bpret9i,oa1ru4erm8f1ys1,2sedc7o7v5fqx23,81n7251b9b2cw4m,e1j7kcem477w6ai

I Happen to find this on a site that I don't fully remember, (Kotaku?!! Maybe?) You can see that in the original plans for diablo3 proposed on 2005, you would enter heaven and you would fight demons in it, so the idea of demonic invasion of heaven doesn't sound too far from the truth.

But of course, the game in this state was scrapped, for not being "of blizzard quality" and the dev team disassembled, so it may not prove anything.

We "just" need to wait and see!
Im going to be very spoilery about act IV , and i have a theory. Dont read if u dont want to know (there is some real stuff like act zones)

From the Datamined beta client , act IV starts in bastions keep , yes.. with the big siege event. You will then be teleported to heaven and will probably try and stop Azmodan's armies invading heaven.

Mabye after the defeat of Azmodan , Diablo takes possession of Leah and will put his hands on the Black Soulstone , which is probably at Leah. Or the black soulstone contains the essence of Diablo in it , and unleashes it on Leah. That makes sense since in the BS cinematic Azmodan says it is the key (the black soulstone) to become a prime evil . So i think that to become a prime evil , you should absorb its essence.

You will then descend to hell (again) and will probably stop Diablo getting to the Crystal Arch (which is on the loading screen of Act IV) , dunno why. Mabye the Crystal Arch holds the powers of a soulstone and something like that or is something like a place to ressurect Baal and Mephisto.

04/12/2011 21:12Posted by Dállas
Then again, how many years has it been since diablo 1 and now with number 3

Between D1 and D2 there is a 2 week timeframe. Between D2 and LoD is 1year timeframe. And between D2Lod and D3 is 20 years. So the answer is 21 years.