Darkd3.com - best solution for "darker" graphics?

General Discussion
The current design with colours in Diablo is for them to easily see and understand the flow of battle.

For example with the current colouring youcan determine what you are fighting even in a big mass of enemies, you can still tell wich enemy is where.

With the dark engine i saw a barb run into a pack of skeletons, it was just a sodden mass of grey, you couldnt tell if you where fighting a archer,skeleton or skeleton shieldbearer XD

I dont mind if anyone wants the colouring to be a bit darker, but there should be a better way to do it than this since it really fks up the gameplay

Can anyone answer that from blizzard : can we use this little mod or not?

I really dont want a ban flag to my account..because i used this.But i really like this little mod...the game looks much better with less colour and sharper contours.
https://twitter.com/#!/Angryrobotics/status/201726183740686336
Can anyone answer that from blizzard : can we use this little mod or not?I really dont want a ban flag to my account..because i used this.But i really like this little mod...the game looks much better with less colour and sharper contours.

They can't publicly say yes, but they are.

alot of people will be using it.

The author of it has used it for several months in Starcraft without any ban.

I think it's safe to assume that we wont get banned.
great :) thanks guys...now I see that Wilson clarified it on tweet.But mentioned that : YET.Hope that will never be a real cheat..just a color/image correction.
I am using darkD3 and can´t imagine play without it now..it´s so much better colour palette, much more athmosphere to the world - closer to DII, looks more like 2D graphics which I like (I use normal preset) and SHARPNESS, that is what is all about. I love it, it gives much better graphics, no headache from blur. people who can´t see the difference - you must be completely blind or it does not work on your system..
closer to DII, .

I seriously suggest you google some diablo 2 screenshots.
24/05/2012 13:26Posted by Machaggis
I seriously suggest you google some diablo 2 screenshots.

Next thing you're saying is that D1+2 had the same shiny bright color palette, hue and saturation as D3. Of course D2 also had some colors, but the overall experience in D2 was "Diablo" in D3 its "Unicorn" (admitted, there some places/dungeons which are ok also in D3).
How many games give the option you are looking for anyway? I can maybe remember 1 or 2 in the last 15 years that did, but it was only a gimic and was unlocked after you completed the campaign.

True, very very few. Basically only Serious Sam and Far Cry have shader selections.
24/05/2012 13:37Posted by Kotzer
but the overall experience in D2 was "Diablo" in D3 its "Unicorn" (admitted, there some places/dungeons which are ok also in D3).

YES! Exactly! Diablo 1 and 2 had that "dark" and "demonic" feel to it, while Diablo 3 is more of WoW: Slightly Darker Edition.