Requirement for 1st HC character - Blizz read this

General Discussion
"Hardcore heroes are only available after completing the campaign on normal mode"

It looks like minor point on paper, but in reality it kills the joy from new game for HC players.

Imagine this. I buy new game. I'm exciting. There are new characters to play with, many new areas to explore, many new mosters to beat.
I install game, make cofee, turn off phone, pull the blinds down, lock the door of my room a start exploring new wonderfull world.

But wait ! I need to create SC character first. How can i enjoy exploring and leveling with new character when i know i will abandon him at moment i beat the game on normal difficulty ?
Imagine when in WoW you would have to create character and from the start you would know you will abandom him at some point, because it is just requirement. Would it be fun to level him ?

Some say - just rush through game and make HC char.
But it would never be the same, because i like to enjoy new content, not to rush through it and ...
playing HC in totally new enviroment is even MUCH MUCH MORE FUN than when you already know whats waiting for you.

I don't mind if i die to some unbalanced or bugged thing, i happily create new character and start explore again. I play HC mode all my diablo 2 life, i'm used to death.
Game is new, there are too many interesting things to explore and learn.

So Blizzard, why HC players cann't have fun right from the start ?
From player perspective this requirement really don't make sense.

Game release is near, but this change is pretty trivial to code, so it is still time to reconsider
this issue and possibly change it.
It's unlikely this will be changed for launch so time to think outside the box:

Beg, borrow or steal a friend to complete sc normal for you first...
Enough with the whining already... It was the same with D2 , but that didn't stop people from playing HC. Hard Core is for experienced players, who know what to except, because they can't afford them selves to die, and still D3 is a game that u never know what to expect. If you don't want to waste your time cuz you wanna compete with others for leveling and stuff than I feel sorry for you. This is not a competition.
06/03/2012 09:28Posted by D3BETA
Hard Core is for experienced players, who know what to except, because they can't afford them selves to die, and still D3 is a game that u never know what to expect.

You wanna tell me that when you beat game once on normal difficulty, you will be experienced ?

If you don't want to waste your time cuz you wanna compete with others for leveling and stuff than I feel sorry for you. This is not a competition.

Can you read ? I said exact opposite - I like to exploring new content, not to rush through it.
Yes....considering u never played the game (atleast not pass the beta)..if u finish it on normal...u have the experience of Basics. How mobs are..where they are found in general...what to avoid if necessary....what skills bosses have etc.

All these count towards experience considering u start from absolute 0. Even if at the end of the day u grow from 0 to 1...it's still experience. U don't even know where all the NPCs are LOL.

Normally the more u play the more experience u have. Glhf
I totally agree. I would like to add another thing. I really dislike that there are two different games this time around. One that include the RMAH and one that does not. I think I actually would have liked the game to be exactly the same on soft as in hardcore.
06/03/2012 10:07Posted by HulleMan
I totally agree. I would like to add another thing. I really dislike that there are two different games this time around. One that include the RMAH and one that does not. I think I actually would have liked the game to be exactly the same on soft as in hardcore.

So u want ppl to have an advantage in HC, by buying RMAH stuff..thus finishing it easier then a hardworking player on the mode that actually requires "skill" in this game?
Rebound. The main reason for having RMAH was to control the selling of items in game. They did not want shady characters get the profit and potentially scamming you when you buy an item. That is just as valid on hardcore as it is on softcore.

Also, you need to understand that you cannot ever buy yourself success playing hardcore. Hardcore is so much more than just getting that super great item. The RMAH is a feature of the game and it should be in hardcore just as much as it is a part of the softcore. And most importantly there is a goldbased auction house in both types of play so you will be able to buy and sell items there just as much and "cheat" if you will. I do not think that it is cheating to trade or sell items, since that was a major part of playing the game in D2 as well.
I support you. Make it however complicated to enable the hardcore feature from start but make it available to those who really wants.

Even they would have to enable it via web, click through 100 pages of terms, in game manually type a box 10 senteces to accept the dialog warning them that this is a hardcore, whatever. But it should be available.

It would be fine even if D2 key would enable it.
Rebound. The main reason for having RMAH was to control the selling of items in game. They did not want shady characters get the profit and potentially scamming you when you buy an item. That is just as valid on hardcore as it is on softcore.

Also, you need to understand that you cannot ever buy yourself success playing hardcore. Hardcore is so much more than just getting that super great item. The RMAH is a feature of the game and it should be in hardcore just as much as it is a part of the softcore. And most importantly there is a goldbased auction house in both types of play so you will be able to buy and sell items there just as much and "cheat" if you will. I do not think that it is cheating to trade or sell items, since that was a major part of playing the game in D2 as well.

I never stated otherwise. I ask again..do u really want some privileged ppl having a major bonus over you in probably the only part of the game that requires skill? Or do u want it to be equal for all and the best player come on top, on his own hardwork? Puting RMAH in it won't make it equal however u look at it.

Also as Blizzard, how will u counter all the ppl that start QQing when they blindly pay money on items just to lose them 1 minute later? Knowing that even if they know the difficulty of HC they still QQ and some can even go as far as lawsuits because they consider it hidden-theft of money.

Why would u need RMAH in HC anyway when u have gold AH and can use it "for free" without any risk of loosing money? This benefits both u and blizzard having to deal with QQs a lot less. Only bad part about goldAH is that u will probably not find the absolute BEST items there.

I never stated otherwise. I ask again..do u really want some privileged ppl having a major bonus over you in probably the only part of the game that requires skill? Or do u want it to be equal for all and the best player come on top, on his own hardwork?

And again I reply the same way. It will not be cheating. I play the game for myself. I am a casual player today. Much more so than I was before and even though I would like to play like I did when I was 20 I cannot. Family affects my gametime. I am 40+ and honestly think that trading and selling your items will be great. I may only have time to play one character to the full extent and while doing so I may find items that I wont ever use. I would like to sell those. I do not understand where the problem is. Where is this contest you refer to? Who is winning and how? By completing the game first? And I also state that buying something for a character will not give you skill to use that given item. You will never ever be able to buy skill. Sorry if you think so. You are in for a rude and hard awakening.

To reply to your edit.
There will be shady sites selling items from D3 now that the RMAH is no longer part of Hardcore. Thus making the main reason for even having the RMAH void. So yes I do feel that it is a very important thing to have the game be the same for soft and hardcore. The legal issue may be the problem they cannot solve. I do think that is a real bummer and would gladly see the whole RMAH removed.
No..it's related to pride..HC has always been related to pride at it's core. Who can get it finished...is more proud of himself and can show off to other players as someone "with REAL experience...having played the REAL game" as they say. If someone who puts hardwork in not dieing...sees someone for several months..sees someone on the forum happily saying "Ah HC was easy...i just bought myself X Y Z...dunno what the fuss is all about" i bet u anything it will make an uproar.

Other then personal pride, from hardwork, HC is an absolutely useless feature....but ppl in general take pride very seriously.

The rest, check my last thread...i edited it.

In edit to your edit (lol): Yea..but if they buy from shady sites, that means Blizzard can't be blamed with any of your losses. They win. Don't wory the Nr of ppl playing SC is much bigger then HC, so they win anyway.
Rebound. No that is not at all why I play Hardcore. I play hardcore for the thrill. The game feels so much more alive when you know it is now or never again with this character. It has nothing to do with everyone else. All of the people playing hardcore traded for items to be able to get a better start with your next one. Most of the people playing this game will use their stash for the next one. I just disagree.
And thrill yes u are right, i stand corrected..

..so where's the thrill if u are maxed out on gear? Only thrill left would be Inferno HC.....where if u want a good thrill..finish it naked lol :D

I think when Blizzard took this decision...it was based on potential lawsuits of having ppl lose real money over fictive items that have a risk to lose. Remember RMAH is very controversial in some countries as is.....if u add to the "random fictive item" thing that country laws QQ about.... +the "HC....1 die u lose everything fictive u payed for with real money, permanently" thing..then they would have a lot of trouble releasing the game.
is the only difference in HC the difficulty? or do better items drop?
No..the only difference between SC and HC is that...in HC..when u die....U DIE! There's no respawn no nothing..u lose everything including your wife kids and house.

Other then that..difficulties..drops..etc..should be all the same as in SC.
It practically is the same game. Hardcore only differs on two things. The time you die, your character stays dead. The stash is also separated from the one your characters on softcore has, since you can only use the gold AH on hardcore. Actually I remember one more thing. There will be no permanent death to the Arena on Hardcore. That is also a bummer.
The only reason there is no RMAH in HC is so Blizz has her back covered.
Think how many QQ or propably lawsuits Blizz avoids by not enebling the RMAH in HC.
One server crash and who knows how many chars die and how many of them have spend real money into items.
If you die and you only loose items you got of the gold AH you will just go like this
"Bah ,,, damn you blizz and your lagspikes ... nvm time to start a new char!!!"
But if you had spend even 1 euro you would go like this " M!@#!@$!$ BLIZZARD!!!! GIEF MY F@#!#@! MONAY BACK !!!! WILL SUE YOUR M!@#!F!#@ A$$ TILL YOU BLEED TO DEATH !!!"

Simple . No real money in HC, Blizz has peace of mind :)
yup
Enjoy the storytelling in SC so you actually get to hear the entire story of the game told before you get a abrupt end to the whole thing and you have to start over XD