Laptop gets hot... can fry eggs on it. you can help?

General Discussion
During the beta my laptop could run the game fine even on highest grafix... but it got sooo insanely hot. first of all, is it okay for a laptop to get this hot? and second of all what is the best way to cool it down?

I'm gonna build a custom laptop stand with really powerful fans. should these fans suck air away or blow it onto the laptop?

Thanks!! =D
Get your vacuum cleaner and try to clear the fans, it might help. Also fans should blow air away
Never clean a PC with a vacuum cleaner. It generates a lot of static electricity that will ultimately kill your computer.

Take it apart, remove the filters and use compressed air to clear out the rest, then buy a cooling pad and you're good to go.

Also wrong forum section.
You could play the game on a computer meant for playing modern video games. :p But yes, using canned air to clean out the dust is a good idea and will help the heat problem somewhat, as will a fan stand, though I'd just buy one, since they aren't overly costly and they'll work.

Did you turn on v-sync? I believe this was off by default.
24/04/2012 08:51Posted by Coeco
It generates a lot of static electricity that will ultimately kill your computer.

I cleared my older one for 6 years, 3 years for my laptop and my new computer is being cleaned by vacuum cleaner for 2 years now without any problems, considering most parts live around 2-3 years before change I doubt vacuum is THAT bad, also removing filters take a lot of time and if you do it wrong putting it back together is really hard^^
I like my eggs scrambled
During the beta my laptop could run the game fine even on highest grafix... but it got sooo insanely hot. first of all, is it okay for a laptop to get this hot? and second of all what is the best way to cool it down?

I'm gonna build a custom laptop stand with really powerful fans. should these fans suck air away or blow it onto the laptop?

Thanks!! =D

First of all clean the air exit from your laptop. Then you'll have to invest some money and buy cooling laptop pad or something similar to keep it as cool as possible.
Let me guess? Its a HP Pavillion laptop? :). Also, there are some laptop cooler pads at ~25-50 euros, buy one of those, should solve the problem.
laptops are not for gaming :) get a pc !!! but to be fair I don't get why d3 makes ur pc crazy coz the graphics ain't that good ... and my pc fans spins like crazy too :)
if u want to play games on your laptop , go for gaming laptops
the normal notebooks don't have the cooling and the graphics to play games for many hours
Get a laptop cooling pad, my gf got one recently and it makes wonders for te cpu temp ^^

Also im on a pretty new stationary but when i play the beta the fans go all out, no other game causes that...unsure wth is wrong XD
24/04/2012 08:59Posted by Frolic
It generates a lot of static electricity that will ultimately kill your computer.

I cleared my older one for 6 years, 3 years for my laptop and my new computer is being cleaned by vacuum cleaner for 2 years now without any problems, considering most parts live around 2-3 years before change I doubt vacuum is THAT bad, also removing filters take a lot of time and if you do it wrong putting it back together is really hard^^

It obviously depends on your PC, the vacuum, how you clean and so forth but It can really devastate If used wrong, be it vibrations or electricity.
24/04/2012 09:04Posted by koko
laptops are not for gaming :) get a pc !!! but to be fair I don't get why d3 makes ur pc crazy coz the graphics ain't that good ... and my pc fans spins like crazy too :)

Mine (GTX 570) doesn't. Make sure to turn on v-sync in the D3 options, which by default was off (I i think). So you may have played with 120+ fps, which makes your card work harder for essentially no benefit. With v-sync, it'll be fixed at 60 and you won't have to deal with the fan noise or potential heating issues.

Vacuum cleaner CAN be THAT bad, but only when you use the metal pipe to suck the dust. If you remove it and use the top plastic part, then there is no fear for static discharges.

Cleaning the fans should be very helpful in order to keep it cool, but if your laptop still gets too warm consider a cooling cradle.
To the thread title:

Yes I can help. make that egg in the shape of a pancake, fold it in half and put on bread with some mustard on top with sliced radishes. Delicious!
Yes...add bacon...it's delicious

/Nice-deed-served

You need a cooling pad, and you have to wait for your GPU manufacturer to make drivers optimized for D3