I hope we do not get Necromancer in the expansion....

General Discussion
Serously... as much as i love the necro i think his role is taken by Witch Doctor, In my oponion Necromancer should return in Diablo 4, not in Diablo 3 expansions.
uhm .........
this is diablo 3 by the way ....

no comment.
The Witch Doctor doesn't really play like the Necromancer did, though. But yes, I'd prefer a shapeshifter for the expansion. :)
Necromancer!<3

I want it back!
Necromancer does not come back. Get over it. Necromancer with all the summons in Diablo 2 is extremely unbalanced in PVM. You can clear anything. You don't need skill. You don't get hit. Maybe that's why some people want it back. But hey, Diablo 3 is intented to be challenging game. If you don't want challenge, i suggest that you dont play games that are intented to be challenging.

And when excluding summons, witch doctor seems to be very much like necromancer, but even better, much better, and thats why i will be rolling a WD.
If you don't want challenge, i suggest that you go and play hello kitty.

Hello Kitty doesn't have distributable attribute points and a skill tree either, so it's closer to D3 than you think! ;) As for the challenge, well, no one here has played inferno mode yet, so how challenging the game is going to be is really still an unknown. (Marketing statements don't mean much to me.)

Also, a hint: Not everyone who enjoyed the Necromancer played a zookeeper build.
I'm that kind of guy who summons bunch of slaves that do all the work for him. I enjoy it.
I love summoner necro, I hate mashing mause buttons for hours to be effective at farming.
Before beta Monk looked cool to me, but after i played him i don't like the button mashing... just not my style,
I also like evil characters and Witch Doctor is closest to be evil of all D3 classes, he doesnt got !@#$ Necro in that matter unfortunately
Mouse bashing? why do you mash mouse? hold mousebutton down all the time, hold shift to attack. I clicked maybe once every 5 seconds or so, so mashing isnt needed.
Necromancer does not come back. Get over it. Necromancer with all the summons in Diablo 2 is extremely unbalanced in PVM. You can clear anything. You don't need skill. You don't get hit. Maybe that's why some people want it back. But hey, Diablo 3 is intented to be challenging game. If you don't want challenge, i suggest that you go and play hello kitty, or simply diablo 2 with your necromancer.

And when excluding summons, witch doctor seems to be very much like necromancer, but even better, much better.

Yes, because we want the exact replica of the necromancer in diablo 3, you are absolutely correct.

Gods, it's been so many times when people say this, "BUT THE NECRO WAS SO OP WITH THE SUMMONS AND UNBALANCED AND blablabla"

Claiming unbalance in one game like it would affect a new game: wheres the logic?
They would obviously redo the skills and pretty much everything about him...
You people get on my nerves....

I also like evil characters and Witch Doctor is closest to be evil of all D3 classes, he doesnt got !@#$ Necro in that matter unfortunately

What makes you think necromancers are evil?

They strive for balance between good and evil.
Without evil there is no good, and without good there is no evil: read the books!
Beyond the actual looks and lack of revive i dont see WD and necro playing much differently,but maybe thats just me...
Without evil there is no good, and without good there is no evil: read the books!

Are kidding me? I study philosophy I know few things about this stuff lol,
I wasn't talking about actual "EVIL" (I don't even belive in "good" and "evil", it is just a matter of perspective)
but about the game concept of a character that isn't your typical good guy who fights the forces of evil, Necro could be just fighting Diablo to get in his place in my mind and that was HOT lol.
Necro was a bit evil (yes he was !@#$).
If you look at the class roster, it's pretty obvious what is "missing".

My guess would be there will be some kind of high defense, strength based, shapeshifting class... maybe a Druidic or even Demonic warrior.
Gnollmar
Mouse bashing? why do you mash mouse? hold mousebutton down all the time, hold shift to attack. I clicked maybe once every 5 seconds or so, so mashing isnt needed.

I know i could do that, still not good enough, I did extravagate the button mushing thing, but playing monk is different then WD, without getting into every aspect of it I much prefer the WD stylin;D

Are kidding me? I study philosophy I know few things about this stuff lol,
I wasn't talking about actual "EVIL" (I don't even belive in "good" and "evil", it is just a matter of perspective)
but about the game concept of a character that isn't your typical good guy who fights the forces of evil, Necro could be just fighting Diablo to get in his place in my mind and that was HOT lol.
Necro was a bit evil (yes he was !@#$).

Read the lore.
This isn't real life, in the story necromancers aren't good or evil, their personal beliefs of such things aren't relevant, they are the balance between good and evil.
The are the middle.
Yea... I wanted Demonolog class in Diablo 3, pure summoner class with vast array of Demons to summon and some support spells, but Witch Doctor is close enough lol, I'm happy with the class and will enjoy taming Gargantuan;D
Read the lore.
This isn't real life, in the story necromancers aren't good or evil, their personal beliefs of such things aren't relevant, they are the balance between good and evil.
The are the middle.

Ok I get it, your right, Blizzard says they aren't evil, but I say they are (and I'll pretend I don't know they are supposed to be neutral) and that's why I like them Diablo has some RPG in there and I lke to play role of a evil bstard that fights Diablo not to save innocent people but to gain power for himself, that makes my !@#$ hard.
There won't be any D4...
24/04/2012 10:47Posted by DonCarnage
There won't be any D4...

Ofc not, why would Blizzard want to make even more money? After Diablo 3 Release They will just move to Caribbean Island and have lots of sex with exotic looking females.
24/04/2012 10:15Posted by Tavo
Hello Kitty doesn't have distributable attribute points and a skill tree

So you admit you played it? And btw, there is skill tree in Diablo 3, just saying because you havent seemed to notice it.
I'd rather get the 'Paladin' back!