2 week game(s) ?

General Discussion
Hey guys, I just ordered my new PC, it will be here on the 3rd of May, and I have absolutely nothing to do until D3 comes along.

What short, easy to learn, and preferably fun game(s) would you recommend?

And just to brag a bit with my new rig:
- Processor: i5 2400 Sandy Bridge
- Graphics card: Asus GTX 560 DC II TOP
- HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB Sata3 32M
- Motherboard: MSI P67A-C45 (B3)
- RAM: Kingston DDR3 8192MB (2 x 4096MB) 1600MHz
- Case: Azza Spartan 102E

Maybe for some it's not that incredible, but for me it's a HUGE improvement over my 2 year old laptop - now I can actually play games with better graphics that WoW :P

Anticipated thanks.
Just Cause 2 very good game but not a loot ppl know abaut it ...
Studying.

No really, I found almost every game that came out these last couple of years boring.
Diablo 2 ? Some say its still better then D3 ...
But on a serious note get Skyrim and download some preaty nice mods that enchance grafics to an unreal level. Will be a good stresstest for you new rig.
30/04/2012 20:34Posted by SNaKeY
Diablo 2 ? Some say its still better then D3 ...

Considering he has just got a new rig, he might want to try out something a little more fancy looking !
Batman Arkham City.
Dead space 2.
The Elderscrolls V

These aren't eye candy ones but--- Freelancer and X3 Reunion( the latter should last a while hehe) both good:)
world of warcraft ofc :)
Yeah try Skyrim. That game was decent for a few weeks.
@GraviticWar
Are you implying that Diablo2 grafic sucks ????? Dude they are dark !!!!! (check the new topic that poped minutes ago about a mod that makes Diablo3 less colourfull !!!)
D3 general discussion.
30/04/2012 20:15Posted by Flamelord
Hey guys, I just ordered my new PC, it will be here on the 3rd of May, and I have absolutely nothing to do until D3 comes along.

Grab something off steam that's on sale.
If you like shooter games, then try Call of Duty: Modern Wafer 3, i have only played this weekend, and bought it today, and i think it is easy to learn.
Tribes; Ascend.

It's free.
Prototype 2/Fallout: New Vegas.
Mount & Blade
League of legends
Starcraft 2 custom games
Assasins creed revalations
Tribes ascension beta (easy to get into)
Minecraft (occationally)
Brawl Busters on steam

for the thinkers:
Poxnora (play for free, its easy to get caught up in it though)

Lots of anime

Thats about how i spend my waiting time.

What short, easy to learn, and preferably fun game(s) would you recommend?

And just to brag a bit with my new rig:
- Processor: i5 2400 Sandy Bridge
- Graphics card: Asus GTX 560 DC II TOP
- HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB Sata3 32M
- Motherboard: MSI P67A-C45 (B3)
- RAM: Kingston DDR3 8192MB (2 x 4096MB) 1600MHz
- Case: Azza Spartan 102E

Maybe for some it's not that incredible, but for me it's a HUGE improvement over my 2 year old laptop - now I can actually play games with better graphics that WoW :P

Anticipated thanks.

hmm, people have reported problems with i5 overheating on D3 beta, id go for i7 myself (oh, thats what i have to btw :P)
Say... Skyrim sounds like a good idea. Time to play the old Rimsky myself again.
I am actually playing Vindictus at the moment and am enjoying it. I am only lvl 24 and just started but I see this game entertaining me for 2 weeks :)
Mass Effect 3 was great (other than the ending being a massive let down). Skyrim is a big time sink too.

Other games I can think of are Dead Space 2, The Witcher 2, Bastion, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Portal 2. Someone else mentioned Prototype 2, but thats not out until about June or July on PC :-(

Hard Reset is a great FPS, although it wont keep you busy for more than a few evenings, it looks mighty impressive, and amazing on my new 3D monitor!

I have an i5 2500k clocked up to 4.6 and didnt get any overheating issues in the beta, so maybe I was lucky...