There was an error retrieving achievements data

Technical Support
Prev 1 8 9 10 20 Next
Hello,

We are aware of some achievement issues, for which we are investigating.

However this particular error may be resolved by removing the Cache folder, found in the Diablo III / Data_d3 / PC / MPQs folder

Please test if that helps at all.

Does not work...
Nope. Closed the game, deleted the cache folder, restarted the game. Error is still there. Achievement-server is down once again I guess, so it's our fault as usual: Living in backwater EU is a serious flaw inherent to most of the users of this forum. Guess we have to live with that.
i deleted cache waited (10-15 min) and now mine are back
Deleted the folder and nothing..

Are the achievements gone or are they just unavailable, but still somewhere stored on the server.
And what if i get achievements if i play now ? Do i get them later or will they just like never show up ?
Hello,

We are aware of some achievement issues, for which we are investigating.

However this particular error may be resolved by removing the Cache folder, found in the Diablo III / Data_d3 / PC / MPQs folder

Please test if that helps at all.

Tried it, didn't work.
It worked for me, make sure u delete the entire cache folder.
if achievements are saved in the server everyone probably will get them back but should we start to fear for the worst here...
Ugh, somehow this error makes me think there's more problems incoming soon, so I guess I gotta scrap my plans for completing Act IV Nightmare on my hardcore character for now, seems risky considering :(

Heck, I still don't have achievement for Rakanoth (that I just killed) considering the normal + hardcore achievements were gobbled up by a previous achievement server problem (the usual where you got the achievement but then vanished when relogging).

Oh, I did try deleting cache - didn't help.
Same problem here, didn't noticed it at first and trained the jeweler to lvl5, of course without getting the achievement. since you can't "un-level" him, does that mean I have no possibility to earn that achievement anymore?
I have deleted cache folder and game starts fine, achievments are up.

Scratch that, next time I log on, same error and no achievments.
Nop. Still getting the error
Hello,

The achievement issue today is something we're working to resolve, we've let the relevant teams know and they're investigating right now.

We'll let you know as soon as we have any information on this.
I earlier tried to delete the cache-folder and it didn't worked. This time i took the advice to wait 15min and the achievements are back. lucky for me, even the ones I earned while they were down (see post above)
Hello,

The achievement issue today is somethig we're working to resolve, we've let the relevant teams know and they're investigating right now.

We'll let you know as soon as we have any information on this.

If I get an achievement while they aren't available, will I still get it when there is no error ?
01/06/2012 11:25Posted by Lyzands
If I get an achievement while they aren't available, will I still get it when there is no error ?

You should, no achievements should be lost, this is more a delay in them showing up rather than them not being awarded.
I've just gotten an error that there was an error getting achievement information.

Just so I am clear: Are achievements linked to the region you play in (like your heroes) or to my user account?

Because when I logged into Asia yesterday to be able to play (Europe was down again), all achievements were set to 0. But I didn't think much of it, because of the different region.
01/06/2012 11:26Posted by Lurdlespor

You should, no achievements should be lost, this is more a delay in them showing up rather than them not being awarded.

Thanks for reply in my thread, but it wasn't only about achievments. I will ask again, then
How is it possible after removing all update files, that my Launcher is showing message:
"Game is up to date"
???
Thanks for reply in my thread, but it wasn't only about achievments. I will ask again, then
How is it possible after removing all update files, that my Launcher is showing message:
"Game is up to date"
???

Once the update has been applied to the game files, the update files are no longer needed. If your client is able to log in, then it is correctly patched.
The fixes you have in place (removing local cache folders) does not work, this is a server side issue, not local
01/06/2012 11:37Posted by Tellus
The fixes you have in place (removing local cache folders) does not work, this is a server side issue, not local

Please see the post further up this page:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4209932761?page=9#172

This is an issue on our side, this is not a local issue, we are experiencing an issue right now that we are working to resolve.