Why Inferno stops being fun end game

General Discussion
Prev 1 16 17 18 26 Next
24/05/2012 19:04Posted by Travag
or.. maybe u should spend more then 1 week farming gear before doing inferno?

Theres no farming gear currently, its all about farming gold. After 10+ clears of act 1 inferno my only upgrades come from the AH and friends. Ive not had the pleasure to see anything drop for myself.
Cant you roll good stats on craftables?
26/05/2012 14:24Posted by Slai
Cant you roll good stats on craftables?

Yeah, but with lvl 60 crafts costing 95k-ish per craft plus the mats (which they need alot of) you're better off just buying off the AH.
Well thats a choice you can make, to spend your cash on gambling (crafting) trading (AH) or farming.

Personally, I use a good mixture. So far so good :) .
My Wizard thoughts:

Normal - this is pretty fun, look at those massive corpses floating away,ez. lol
Nightmare - meh, still killing stuff. oh hello mortar mobs.
Hell - darn fast mobs, well not hard at all.
Inferno - hello, hello inferno, let`s see what you are about.. 30 mins after: this is stupid, game plan -> kitekitekitekitekitekitekitekitekitekite oneshot, kitekitekitekitekitekitekitekitekite oneshot, kitekitekitekitekitekitekitekite oneshot. oneshot, oneshot, oneshot. repairs. repeat. any fast mobs killing me with 0% chance to kill them. invisnakes 2act - 99% kills you.

inferno - not skill just gear.

Difficulty:

Normal - 10% of 100
Nightmare - 20% of 100
Hell - 30% of 100
Inferno - 0% of 100.

Who`s playing good at inferno level right now? Obviously players who abused skills and we`re doing it 24\7. sup blizzard
24/05/2012 16:27Posted by Kumori
aye, there is no amount of gear or customisability that will allow you to have a normal fight with a pack of champs or rares. It just gets very boring or annoying.

hmm... I don't agree completely.
When you first start inferno... hell yes... it's like that, kite, but why? because you don't have the ear for it.

But now, me and rebound + one of his friends actually can kill champions and rares in inferno act 1 wihtout having to kite that much... ofcourse it still exist to run out of certain things or move back for a better position to not get surrounded. But through usage of abilities we can bring down most of them without kiting for years.

Tbh i think the champions and rares in inferno act 1 are actually on agood level atm.
But group is different from solo.

It's about gear...
Won't comment on act 2 however since I don't have the gear for it just yet.
Lol.

That's all I can say.
lol at you people believing it to be hard. It has nothign to do with skill.
The people refer to when they say "but I can has see this liek dude on liek dat stream yo" exploit farmed the act 2 chest for 2-3 days before it was removed.
They did sure a !@#$ing hell not gear up through Act 1 farming and then go on to "farm" Act 2 (Do people even understand the term farming? It's being used when the term they are really looking for is grind, not farm.) and so on. They really did not.
Id assume farming is looking for specific items.

Grinding is just like killing mobs for gold or experience (which most/all mobs drop).

So I farm in Diablo, since Im looking for very specific items.

Or am I wrong in my notion of what grinding/farming is :P .
I've been farming Act 1 Halls of Agony to Butcher for a couple of days now, and I've yet to find any upgrades to my gear that would help me in Act 2.

The only way to progress is by buying gear on the AH, and it feels to me like this is exactly what Blizzard wants me to do.
A couple of days is quite a low ammount of time to farm for a greatly rolled rare, tatteredhat.

No patience?
GOD GO AH, WHERE ITEMS ARE 10 MIL MIN FOR COMPLIMENTARY STATS. U NEED TO FARM GOLD IN HELL ACT 3 AND 4 COS THATS WERE DA ITEMZ ARE HER DER I AM FANBOY NO.1 U ARE NOOB NO.1

The typical reply, i'm also having trouble with inf as a Dh, and not playing as the generic boring donkey. Tried to help my brother whose a monk, he has great difficulty as inf is not melee friendly at all, no way around it no way about it, its pure fact.

The beta must of been some publicity stunt as the outcome of the testing was an unfinished product, yet the fanboys are denying it, so /shoo.
OMFG CANT GET ANY ITEMS I FARM ACT 1 INF FOR 2 HOURS NO GEAR IMPROVEMENT HER DER IM AM RAGEBOY N0.! U R FANBOI NO. 1.

Typical post.

?

yeah, ranged have an easier time, it seems. Shame, should be nerfed. Doesnt impact me a single bit how someone else plays the game, though.

The only way to progress is by buying gear on the AH, and it feels to me like this is exactly what Blizzard wants me to do.

30th is the day blizz will fix !@#$ imo
OMFG CANT GET ANY ITEMS I FARM ACT 1 INF FOR 2 HOURS NO GEAR IMPROVEMENT HER DER IM AM RAGEBOY N0.! U R FANBOI NO. 1.

Typical post.

?

yeah, ranged have an easier time, it seems. Shame, should be nerfed. Doesnt impact me a single bit how someone else plays the game, though.

Its !@#$ i hate playing my Dh now seeing my brother die so much and he's been on forums etc to find a complimentary build, but nah he dies getting 1 shot, so we've been testing on trying to find high resistance gear = this doesn't work well, high vit = pointless gimped dps, high dps= 1 shot, balanced = nothing, still melee unfriendly. Leaving him highly fustrated and currently quit monk, to level a DH . 80 hours well spent i'd say.
26/05/2012 04:51Posted by Tobschinski
that this game is a PvE skill based game

stopped reading

Big walls of text aren't for campaign heros.

26/05/2012 06:50Posted by Strikersgun
The fun part starts is where all this amazing gear that doesnt get me killed in act 1 inferno does me absolutely no good in act 2 where i get smashed like crazy and i am forced to use builds that are very not fun to use and kite everything to the point of hitting the enrage timer just to kill it

If you can kite mobs that have "fast" I salute you.

+1.

I'm also so tired to just see junk loot everywhere

The big problem is that you are rewarded little or close to nothing for something that is not even close to easy... The whole ideea of diablo is to be rewarded. But you are no...

I've been running Butcher runs for the past 2 days now and still nothing good droped, current MF is 89% and not even things that other people can use droped. Still gear that is below lvl 60 and maybe 1 or 2 pieces from lvl 60.
Aye, its hard to find good rolled rares for melee. Then again its been a week, so its not really farfetched to say that its not enough time to farm the infernogear. Which obviously can be found.

But for ranged, who have it easier, it might be. IE ranged need nerfs.
Slai fanboi lvl60, hows your abusive build going? do u like your 10million gold? no? sup 135k dps?
weirdlymesseducyrillicnickname rageboi lvl45, what the hell is an abusive build? I dont mind my 10 million gold, it works out fine for me. 135k dps is a far cry from what I have.

Good talk!
what is there to do? item finding it terrible at the minute; the main thing that kept diablo 2 going was item finding, finding level 67 diadems with 2 skills, 2 socs etc and 20% fcr was an absolutely die for item.
Yet nothing remotely close worth keeping is found in d3; Blizzard should increase drop rates of good decent items because it just leaves us with one and rather unethical (imo) option: Cash shopping on 30th.
Just my opinion but do you all really think that we were supposed to smash last difficult level after 10 days ?
Guys just play normal, wtf there are people at level 60 after 2 days ... omg enjoy this game!
play with your friends, help them, raise your characters all together and you will enjoy this game ... wtf is all this need to play nobrain / oneshot all enemies and have all game gear after 10 days ?