Soulrippers..

General Discussion
WHY DID YOU MAKE THESE HORRIBLE MOBS WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?
+1

Requested sticky

Commented
I dislike the teleporting sorcs and dashing melee mobs with the big hammers in Inferno act 4, they're just plain silly. Even worse when you get some with affixes.
This has to be the most frustrating mob I have ever battled. :(

But hey, guess the game needs a few frustrating mobs here and there. ^^
All that's left for them is yelling "NO KITE FOR YOU" all the time.
You can't even snare the things, and freezing is limited.
i dont mind soul rippers.

i hate those little sand wasps in act 2 more.

Why exactly ?

Surely games are supposed to be fun ? Isn't that why we buy them...
To add a coherent rant to the topic:

Soulrippers on Inferno are indeed horrible, and in the Keep level 1 there is at least one rare Soulripper pack. No problem, I thought after a bunch of oneshots from unseen Soulrippers (walls don't vanish fast enough, character has LoS but Ripper is standing near a door and is hidden by the wall). I will just kite them to an empty room and giggle while completely ignoring them.

Two more deaths later, they were nicely tucked away in their own little corner: A little 2-room side-corridor dead end, all the way to the back. I ran past without issues twice, but the third time they just ran out of the room as if there wasn't another empty room between them and me. Smokescreen didn't get them off me because nowadays, mobs just keep chasing you for the first second, Smokescreen or not.

And that's my 5th attempt at progressing beyond Keep 1 ended in disgust once more.

The issues:
  • Soulrippers oneshot at range, using an unavoidable "projectile". There's no fireball or arrow to dodge, the tongue arrives instantly.
  • The Keep levels with their small windy corridors and many doorways depend on walls "vanishing" in time. Whenever you have LoS, walls should vanish. They don't. This means that with every doorway, you run the risk of getting oneshot by a Soulripper that is positioned just to the left/right of a door. Wall hides them, they have LoS and will lick you.
  • A rare (blue) pack of Soulrippers apparently has a massive detection range. They can and will detect you through walls and/or around corners. They will leave the corner you've kited them to (including unavoidable deaths) and kill you again.

When repair costs are increased 4-6x, they better have fixed these, or there will be a lot of complaints. Kiting to a corner already is iffy since they don't like staying put, doing so and paying 15k for the pleasure is a bit over the top.
SOULS NEXT!
smoke screen woot!

Haha yes that is true, but still iam like let them lick me and jump to me then kick their asses!
Anybody already have the achievement that you got licked by 5 soulrippers at the same time? :D

Still try to beat them on harder difficulty... Game on!

- Dorky
Oh Cmon they are pretty easy, just alt tab for p0rn while Tyrael bashs them to death, thats what i do anyway.

Haha yes that is true, but still iam like let them lick me and jump to me then kick their asses!
Anybody already have the achievement that you got licked by 5 soulrippers at the same time? :D

Still try to beat them on harder difficulty... Game on!

- Dorky

Unfortunately yes i do, my barb took quite the lickin. Was a champ pack with Horde affix iirc.