Reflect Damage from champions should be removed.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
11/06/2012 22:12Posted by TheSaviour
fast : not that special

you're not in inferno, are you?
As a DH here Reflect Damage is fine as is. It is basically one of the only hard affixes to deal with if you only have pure damage gear and even then is doable, since if your damage is high enough you can smokescreen through it and just kill them anyway. It hurts the most in groups or when combined with extra health.
Most retarded spell affix is Jay Wilson.
On its own reflect damage is fine, its somewhat controllable by going single target and saving defensive cd's to use just as the mob(s) are taking damage, that way a good portion of it is mitigated. But yeah even single target i've blown myself up on my DH many times, its the one time you don't want full stacks of Sharpshooter :P.

Anyway, what is horrible and should be looked into is shielded mobs with reflect damage aswell, imo, it should only function if the mob is actually taking damage, not when a mob is absorbing damage.

Also packs with Horde Illisionist Reflect Damage (random) should never happen :P
The worst trait is fast on already fast mobs, and fast + mortar is really obnoxious.
Reflect damage is strong against glass cannons. True.
But isn't glass cannon one of the most popular builds? Isn't it fair that there is a weakness to these builds?
Remove reflect damage, because the game isn't easy enough for Demon Hunters and Wizards already.
What a fukin noob thread. Just get some resistances PLUS lifelech and REGENERATION. That enchant is obviously there to prevent things like GLASS CANNONS, which is not point of the game.
OP...

You NEED to say it is INFERNO you have problems with..
or else you get people like, REFLECT DAMAGE is no problem at all!
from people that play on Normal-Hell where it is bearly a problem...

At INFERNO you slaughter your self when you try to kill enemies with 1-2-3 mil health and have a very high crit burst build.. And if they are also FAST / Vortex / trapper or something like that so they get close and hit you, Good luck to do any damage without killing youself
11/06/2012 23:36Posted by DoOmTrAin
What a fukin noob thread. Just get some resistances PLUS lifelech and REGENERATION. That enchant is obviously there to prevent things like GLASS CANNONS, which is not point of the game.

Yea take away all your damage to get res and health and let the enemies enrage ;)
You seems to be a very good player? If you can not hurt enemies with many mil health.
Then they will just enrage and kill you / Regain full health again..

You have never player at Inferno as a ranged player, I can notice that
the special abilities are a joke - all you need is high resists and you dont evne need to dodge that !@#$ -

your opinions are from a ranged class

i play with a barb, i got high armor, high resists, high life, fast atk speed with lots of life on hit and lifesteal, its just tank and spank baby

can sit on inferno in plague+molten+desecrator+mortar spamm, heck i wouldnt mind if thye give every single ability to the enemy and id still faceroll them in inferno

its just a gear check, the better the gear you ahve the easyer its to facertoll , and then just go new aact and boom , just got bit harder, but np, gear more up

in anycase tanking in this game dosent need any %^-*ing skil

dodging plague or molten dosent take any skill

in anycase, dont talk like you need some hot stuff actions and skilsl and !@#$ to kill elites

its a gear check - and pfft for me, as a barbarian reflective damage is liek %^-*ing best thing for them to have its liek a completly wasted ability on them , to me, it does nothing, just like plague, does nothing, desecrator, does nothing, molten, does nothing, arcane, does nothing

the only stuff what actually do something to me are nightmare and freeze and jail, cose they are croewd controll abiltiys and dont do damage , - but for those , i got Berserk mode, i become immune to that !@#$

so no offensce but as a barbarian i find anyhting inferno throws at me, to be a %^-*ing joke

you dont need dodge or kite skills and !@#$

all you need is gear

and im sure most of ranged classes dotn realise this cose all you %^-*s do is pump up int and atk speed and crit chance and crit dmg and ignore every signle other thing

but hey in the end , if you would play hardcore , you would find how retarded your ranged pew pew class is - cose in the end, its ranged classes who die on inferno, not the melee classes

i laugh my !@# off to the people who say things like inferno too hard for melee classes, lol

oh cmon i know ranged classes hwo claim they can solo $%^- at act 4 , yet they die there to mortar in there, and same story in act 1 , they die to mortar there too

i how ever , i can tank *!@# at act 1 and act 4 , no biggie

if you would play on hardcore, you might $%^-ing learn how to choose your item stats

sure its gona cost you alot more , but hey atleast you would learn to choose right equipment

this is not about skill its a gear check
11/06/2012 23:19Posted by gcaliber
The worst trait is fast on already fast mobs, and fast + mortar is really obnoxious.

its not even ridiculous, no monster should ever run faster than a fully geared player,
but as it is now you as a player got a gimped with max +25% speed cap.
there should be the same cap for monsters too, some get 2-3 times faster than players with fast affix which pretty much kills a lot of build subclasses. so much for "viability".
these !@#$ing idiots are making me facepalm hard. they're still in act 1 and thinking they're so pro and skilled at this game by killing act 1 reflect damage packs.
this modifier is retarded and makes the game lame as %^-* to play especially if it spawns on some already super cheesy mob like soul lashers or corrupted angels.
^ +1

boohoo so DH got a buff they cant handle cause they do too much dmg...
gimme a break and go play a barb
Its fine. l2p.
11/06/2012 23:46Posted by Refaze
this modifier is retarded and makes the game lame as %^-* to play especially if it spawns on some already super cheesy mob like soul lashers or corrupted angels.

Look at it this way, if it wasn't for the fact people play a cheesy glass cannon DH/Wizard they never would have made it to act3/4 to get killed by cheesy reflect damage. The Universe usually finds a way of balancing things out. :)
All you ranged whiners should try to play a melee class and you would see that a lot more combos are making life hard for them.

Things like arcane, plagued, molten, fire-chains means nothing to ranged since you don't have to go near them, melee HAS to "stand in the fire" so speak to actually kill stuff.

So stop your petty whining.
I think the main problem with reflect damage is that it isn't immediately clear what you need to do to reduce it. For example, if you're doing ice damage to the mob is it ice damage that's reflected? Is it armour or resist that helps, etc.

I'm sure people who post here know the answers but it's not immediately obvious when you're actually in the game.

Look at it this way, if it wasn't for the fact people play a cheesy glass cannon DH/Wizard they never would have made it to act3/4 to get killed by cheesy reflect damage. The Universe usually finds a way of balancing things out. :)

Another problem is that ranged classes use mobility for survivability, but reflected damage is not avoidable with mobility. Melee classes stand in things that ranged classes would never be able to stand in because melee has no choice, so they are just naturally good at reducing incoming damage.

I don't find reflect damage that hard to deal with. People run with one big damage reduction cooldown (ignore pain, diamond skin etc). I just do damage when that's up and kite until it comes off cooldown. It helps if you can try to focus just 1 mob at a time too.
I don't find reflect damage to be a problem on my DH (act III inferno). However I swap out some of my high dps items for ones with life on hit. That and nether arrow thingy makes them very managable.

If you're still struggling, swap out some dex items for vit.
How big of a noob are you??

Reflect is very easy to deal with as DH>.

I have 170k DPS and 23k health and I dont care for reflect dps./// Just spam Nether Tentacles and when they are about to hit your target use Smoke Screen.. It makes you invurnalable to the dmg.. Then do this and they die... drink potions and kite..

It is soo easy.... If they are Reflect//Fast//Jailer then maybe it is a litle hard but as Demon Hunter you have a lot of tricks..

P.s I have cleared all inferno.. Reflect does not bother me I usually farm with a Wizard with low healtha nd high dmg wich actually makes it harder but we still do fine... If u cant kill those mobs u cant play the game and ar eimpatiant