"There was an error retrieving achievements data"

Technical Support
I'm currently getting the above message when trying to look at my achievements.

This came to my attention when i killed the butcher on Hell difficulty and the achievement didn't pop. I guess this is another one I'm going to have to repeat.

Most annoying thing? I keep getting messages when my friends achievements pop!!
It's happening to a few people mate .. just another bonus feature .. of fail.
ok its not just me then. i was worried. guess i won't bother playing for a few hours until my achievements load.
would love if someone from blizzard could actually give us some advice. Will none of my achievements be saved if i play when there is an error retrieving them?

What is the problem? why can my achievements not load?

Is it just a matter of waiting for a while for them to load?
Well in SC2 sometimes there is a popup that achievements are temporarily disabled but after that all are back
Let`s hope this is the same case.
BUMP

Please inform us, if we can safely play at the moment and get our achievements we earned in the meantime back once the issue has been solved.
31/05/2012 16:59Posted by Doofdilla
Please inform us, if we can safely play at the moment and get our achievements we earned in the meantime back once the issue has been solved.

The last time this happened the answer was a "No" to put it simply, so I imagine it will be the same answer again. Either way I am not taking the risk and going back to my main to item hunt.

The last time this happened the answer was a "No" to put it simply, so I imagine it will be the same answer again. Either way I am not taking the risk and going back to my main to item hunt.

If so, Blizzard should at least use their ingame "Breaking News" System to warn players about it.
Getting the same error here.
Also getting no achievements(but no error)... And I can't edit my banner. Well, I can, but all achievement prizes are locked.

Edit: ok, got the error now.
Relogging seemed to fix it for me.
I got the error last night when I looked at my achievements but I could look at other peoples achievements fine. This morning I get the same error no matter whose achievement list that I try to examine. I'm really annoyed. If it's not lagg, constant servers being down or timeout errors, its something else.

I thought the Beta was meant to help Blizzard to prepare for when the game launches. This truly is pathetic.

I'm doubting that I will be parting with any of my money when Blizzard brings out any future products.
01/06/2012 07:23Posted by Protean

Doesn't help. Guess the achievements servers are down, or at least some of them.
I'm experiencing the same problem. Maybe the achievement servers haven't been restarted yet, or are in the process of coming up. The error message shows up instantly for me when I use the achievements button in the main screen.
01/06/2012 07:32Posted by SFv

Doesn't help. Guess the achievements servers are down, or at least some of them.

It did fix it for me yesterday. Unfortunately, even with by clearing the cache and re-logging, it does not today.
I have the same Error from yesterday, can't play without getting my achievements...
Blizzard reply to us or Fix it please...
Confirm the same error happening to me today.
It is working for me now.
Killed butcher on inferno, avoided hooks, fire and killed him on stun, all in same fight, and no damn achieve. Seriously. Pis*ed
This error is on for me as well. Tried to log off and then log back in, but didnt fix it...